• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man at Arms Creates The Hylian Shield from Legend of Zelda

In the most recent episode of Man at Arms, as youtube series where they build from scratch functional weapons from film and video games, they've done a fucking amazing job creating Link's Hylian Shield from The Legend of Zelda series. I've always been a big fan of this series as it shows a very in-depth look at the process behind creating the various equipment and, with the shield, it seems like on of their most complicated yet. Never realized how intricately designed the shield was until it was show in more practical terms.

Won't post the picture directly into the OP incase you want to see it after all the steps are shown, but here's a link (haha) if you want to see the finished project alongside an LTTP style Master Sword.

Philtastic

These Man at Arms videos are insanely good. I highly enjoy how they video document almost all aspects of the production and how each item they make is potentially combat capable.

Damn, imagine if such a shield was actually used in the past. It looks so cool and practical, something you don't see everyday!

Also these guys have pretty good production values, made sure to sub to them and will check out some more of their stuff.

Hypron

Was Man at Arms the one that did Cloud's buster sword?

Because, yeah...most impractical weapon ever.

Yeah. Although, they did do Guts' sword from Berserk which is even heavier according to them and they had a guy who could somewhat wield it.

I just saw them do the Scissor Blade from Kill la Kill where they forged it out of an actual pile of scissors. That was wild. Also kind of funny at the start they just plasma cut the pattern out of a sheet of steel and said that would be the easiest most efficient way to do it, then proceeded to throw it out in favor of the pile of scissors. It was almost a jab at the first Man at Arms guys who just cut a lot of stuff out of sheet metal as opposed to these Man at Arms: Reforged guys who do a lot more legit smithing and forging.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Every time someone links one of these I end up watching like 6 episodes. These videos are awesome

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I just saw them do the Scissor Blade from Kill la Kill where they forged it out of an actual pile of scissors. That was wild. Also kind of funny at the start they just plasma cut the pattern out of a sheet of steel and said that would be the easiest most efficient way to do it, then proceeded to throw it out in favor of the pile of scissors. It was almost a jab at the first Man at Arms guys who just cut a lot of stuff out of sheet metal as opposed to these Man at Arms: Reforged guys who do a lot more legit smithing and forging.

This build is another jab at the previous crew... remember the captain america shield they perpetrated?

Haunted

This build is another jab at the previous crew... remember the captain america shield they perpetrated?
I think it's because the Captain America shield they made was garbage.
oh c'mon guys, the previous crew were a bunch of professionals as well, how bad could it really be

Rqk35hn.jpg

oh.

KHlover

Banned
These Man at Arms videos are insanely good. I highly enjoy how they video document almost all aspects of the production and how each item they make is potentially combat capable.

Yeah those new Man at Arms videos are INSANELY good. Some of the old vids just kind of skipped over the creation process and looked like movie props in the end, the new stuff is just leagues above that.

Fortunately for everyone Nintendo enthusiasts can't buy this item in bulk and scalp it on the internet.

Except it's not Nintendo enthusiasts scalping Nintendo products. Scalpers who do it for a living have figured out limited Nintendo products sell and fans will pay a premium for them.

Top Bottom