• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man charged after deliberately farting during strip search, saying "How do you like that?"

Bullet Club

Man Charged With Repeatedly Farting During Strip Search

A man in Scotland has been ordered to perform 75 hours of community service after intentionally passing gas as police officers conducted a body cavity search.

Police responding to a vehicle collision on the Lang Stracht in Aberdeen noticed Stuart Cook, 28, speaking to the driver of another car. After observing a strong marijuana odor emanating from Cook, officers searched him and his vehicle, findind a "small amount of cannabis," according to the Evening Express.

Police handcuffed Cook, who immediately began to scream and act aggressively, He was brought to the police station in Kittybrewster where he was booked and strip-searched. During the procedure, officers claim, Cook passed wind intentionally multiple times.

"Cook... deliberately farted in the direction of the officer three times, stating, 'How do you like that?'" reported prosecutor Lucy Simpson.

His defense attorney, Laura Gracie, downplayed the incident, telling the court Cook "had been smoking a cannabis joint at the time and felt police overreacted in the way they dealt with him. He became increasingly upset with them and acted in the manner libeled."

Cook pled guilty to possession of cannabis and to behaving in a threatening or abusive manner. He was admonished without penalty for the drug charge.

This isn't the first time police have brought charges for breaking wind: In 2008, 34-year-old Jose Cruz was pulled over in West Virginia for driving without his headlights on. Cruz failed multiple field-sobriety tests and was taken to the police station to sleep it off.

While there, a criminal complaint alleged, he deliberately passed gas and made a waving motion towards a police officer in an attempt to distribute the smell toward him.

"The gas was very odorous and created contact of an insulting or provoking nature," the complaint stated, recommending a battery charge be filed. The Kanawha County prosecutor's office ultimately dropped the matter.

Farting can also give suspects away: In July, the Clay County Sheriff's Office in Missouri reported that it was able to find a hiding suspect wanted on drug charges because of his loud farts.

"If you've got a felony warrant for your arrest, the cops are looking for you and you pass gas so loud it gives up your hiding spot, you're definitely having a [poop emoji] day," the department wrote in a Facebook post.

Source: Newsweek

Takes shitting on the police to a whole new level. Pretty funny that article mentions an incident in West Virginia, because that’s whee I’m from. I’d totally fart on a cop, preferably in his/her mouth.

Kagey K

Banned
If I was hi I would have claimed self defence. Skunks are allowed to do it, every animal has its rights when being physically attacked.
This was his.
im sure there’s not a no farting during strip searches sign anywhere and how could they enforce it?

Ornlu

Banned
Cook pled guilty to possession of cannabis and to behaving in a threatening or abusive manner. He was admonished without penalty for the drug charge.

Clown World material here.

"Yeah yeah, weed is bad and all...but the FARTING. YOU ABSOLUTE MONSTER!!!"

Hinedorf

Banned
Picturing a stoner getting the upper hand on a police officer with farts and sounding off with a threatening "how do you like that" made me laugh way harder that it has any right to.

So did he....fart in their general direction?

latest

I'm sorry.
No I'm not.

Top Bottom