• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man drugs girlfriend so he can keep playing video games

Dennis

Banned
This is a weird one, GAF.

A German gaming addict has been fined after admitting to a court that he drugged his girlfriend so he could keep playing video games with his buddy.

According to the Local, a 23-year-old man in the eastern German town of Caxtrop-Rauxel was playing video games with his friend when his girlfriend arrived home from a 10-hour shift at work.

“I only put four or five drops into her tea,” he told the court

But the 24-year-old woman remained knocked out until noon the following day, and the effects of the drugs kept her nodding off through the day.

Guy was sentenced to pay a €500 fine. Seems like a very mild punishment to me.

“Your girlfriend slept long and deeply, which didn’t harm her, but this is certainly a premeditated bodily harm,” the judge said.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...es-with-his-mate/story-fnq2oad4-1227434978460

Reddit comments

https://www.reddit.com/r/nottheonio..._drugs_girlfriend_to_keep_playing_videogames/

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
The gamer version of Bill Cosby. What a jerk.

Also, missed G/A/F opportunity.

Skii

Can't believe he's got away with that. He drugged her enough to be out for an entire day. Could've done anything to her whilst she was out of it.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
If it was Rocket League I can understand.

VARIA

You see! The kids, they play with their vidja games
Which gives them the brain damage. You see!

So they don't know what the girlfriend is all about!

A true gamer

MGS3-Snake-Salutes-The-Boss-Grave.jpg

Why communicate respectfully with your partner, when you can drug them to do what you want? Bloody hell. That poor woman, that would create some fairly horrifying trust issues for future relationships.

L Thammy

It feels like I've read a story like this before.

I assume that his girlfriend dumping him will be added to his punishment.

This kind of reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where Jerry kept finding ways to get his girlfriend to fall asleep so he could play with her vintage toy collection. Except this time the video games are Jerry's and he just doesn't want to deal with the girl.

Someone needs to tell this dude he can just be single and play all of the video games he wants.

Definitely horrible, and the punishment sounds pretty light for something that could have potentially caused serious harm, but the tone of the article is games-are-the-devil, as always:

After ten hours at work, she had understandably been planning on having a quiet evening rather than one punctuated by the clatter of machine-gun fire or computerized commentators screaming over a non-existent football game.

Come on...

ffdgh

To think what may have happened if it was a few drops more. Wonder what the GF will do.

Edit: Seems she's out. good.

Top Bottom