• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Man In Capitol Mob Fired After Wearing His Company ID Badge To Riot

quickwhips

Jan 26, 2009
Delaware
A lot of these people believed they were part of the revolution. They thought they were heroes to their country who would be praised. Hiding their face is the opposite of what they wanted to do

why is this girl not a meme like the screaming Hillary supporter? Or is she?
People think revolutions happen without guns or machete? People should read a book.

Reactions: Rikkori

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Sep 5, 2014
USA

Seattle police officers who were in DC during riot at US Capitol placed on administrative leave​

At least two Seattle police officers who were in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday during the riot at the U.S. Capitol have been placed on administrative leave, according to a Friday night statement from interim Police Chief Adrian Diaz.

“The Department fully supports all lawful expressions of First Amendment freedom of speech, but the violent mob and events that unfolded at the U.S. Capitol were unlawful and resulted in the death of another police officer,” Diaz said in the statement. “… If any SPD officers were directly involved in the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, I will immediately terminate them.”

Reactions: Nobody_Important
May 22, 2018

Seattle police officers who were in DC during riot at US Capitol placed on administrative leave​

I was confused for a minute until I realized they weren't there as actual cops. If they are proven to have been apart of the riot or even got as far as stepping inside the Capitol building fire them and make sure they can never be in law enforcement again.

Reactions: DeafTourette

lyra-ixi

13 year old console warrior. Put me on ignore.
Aug 3, 2014
who needs a job anyway when you're gonna end up in prison?

/s

Outrunner

May 17, 2018
I love the stupidity involved here. Not only did he commit a crime and participate in a riot. He did it without a mask to hide his identity or protect himself from Covid while also wearing a badge with his place of employment, name, and picture on it.

Covid isn't real bruh. /s

Reactions: ArtemisClydeFrog

Romulus

Mar 21, 2019
Liberals should teach a class on how to roit properly. These conservatives come off like freshman by comparison

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Sep 5, 2014
USA

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Sep 5, 2014
USA
Add another to the list:
Derrick Evans resigns W.Va. House after entering U.S. Capitol with mob

“I hereby resign as a member of the House of Delegates, effective immediately,” Evans said in a one-page letter submitted to Gov. Jim Justice and the House.

The House released another statement from Evans expressing regret.

“I take full responsibility for my actions, and deeply regret any hurt, pain or embarrassment I may have caused my family, friends, constituents and fellow West Virginians,” Evans stated.

“I hope this action I take today can remove any cloud of distraction from the state Legislature, so my colleagues can get to work in earnest building a brighter future for our state. And more importantly, I hope it helps to begin the healing process, so we can all move forward and come together as ‘One Nation, Under God.’”

• LOL

TheGrat1

Jun 2, 2020
Not even mentioning taking selfies and posting them on social media.
To be fair I think those people truly believed they were doing the right thing and would be considered heroes after they’d successfully blocked the electoral process. ‘Delusional’ seems more appropriate than ´stupid’
The best villains always believe they are the hero of the story.

prag16

Jul 12, 2012
CNN has an article up about more being fired/resigning in relation to the events at the Capitol:
I don't remember articles like this over the summer involving BLM/etc rioters. There's a joke somewhere in here about how the right has jobs and the left doesn't. Usually it involves those on the right not being able to riot in the first place because they're too busy working. These people should have just went to work as normal that day. For numerous reasons.

SF Kosmo

...please disperse...
Jul 7, 2020
So did the ID guy literally drive over on his lunch break to participate in a coup? It’s so odd that he wore it.
Some of them did this to try to create the appearance of belonging there or being workers. A lot of cops in the mob apparently flashed their badges are the cops defending the site to try to get through. Super dumb in practice.

mashoutposse

Ante Up
Jun 22, 2004
Scranton, PA
Some of them did this to try to create the appearance of belonging there or being workers. A lot of cops in the mob apparently flashed their badges are the cops defending the site to try to get through. Super dumb in practice.

Makes sense - I’m sure they felt quite clever in the moment. Intuitively, impersonating US Capitol personnel to trespass and terrorize seems like a serious charge on its own. All should absolutely be terminated by their true employers at the very least (especially the cops).

SF Kosmo

...please disperse...
Jul 7, 2020
I think a lot of these people really thought they would be seen as patriots after, it's crazy how many doxxed themselves on social media.

Reactions: mashoutposse

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Sep 5, 2014
USA

“One of our organizers in one state said, ‘We’re nice patriots, we don’t throw bricks,’” Alexander told a crowd at a Dec. 19 rally at Arizona’s state capitol. “I leaned over and I said, ‘Not yet. Not yet!’ Haven’t you read about a little tar-and-feathering? Those were second-degree burns!”

Alexander, who has described himself as one of the “official originators” of the Jan. 6 rally in Washington, went on to use “yet” as a code word for violence. Then Alexander told the Phoenix crowd about his plans for Washington.

“We’re going to convince them to not certify the vote on January 6 by marching hundreds of thousands, if not millions of patriots, to sit their butts in D.C. and close that city down, right?” Alexander said. “And if we have to explore options after that…‘yet.’ Yet!”

Alexander’s supporters cheered, yelling threats like “noose!” and “nothing’s off the table!”

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Sep 5, 2014
USA
It's 'Chan so who knows if true. I suspect this will be fairly prevalent with employees who attended:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Sep 5, 2014
USA

Texas-based Hillwood Airways confirmed to USA TODAY Saturday that retired Lt. Col. Larry Rendall Brock, Jr. had been terminated following a report in the New Yorker that identified him.

Brock told the magazine that he was the man in the photos and videos seen standing in the Senate chamber holding zip ties. He told the New Yorker that he found them on the floor. "I wish I had not picked those up," he told the magazine.

TrainedRage

Boss Blue Balls
Feb 3, 2018
USA
While his situation is pretty funny he may have a legitimate mental condition. I’m not gonna make fun of him for that.

Live and learn I suppose.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Sep 5, 2014
USA
And another.
A Defense official told CBS News the Army is investigating how many soldiers from Fort Bragg accompanied Rainey to Washington. Rainey had resigned her commission after receiving a career-ending letter of reprimand for her actions at an earlier protest in the Fort Bragg area, Martin reports.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Sep 5, 2014
USA
One more on the books:

In a story first reported by The Current, Dominic Box was fired from Vaden Nissan on Friday. The videos he first posted have since been deleted from social media.

Vaden Automotive released a statement to News 3 about the termination saying, in part: “We are no longer affiliated with him in any way and we are not at liberty to discuss employment matters.”

He had videos posted on his social media while inside the Capitol building.

MastaKiiLA

Jun 11, 2020
this shouldnt be allowed imo. if they are arrested and convicted sure, but preemptively firing these people without any kind of severance in this economy is lame.
Shouldn't be allowed, but would need to see the employment contract/handbook to determine if it's out of bounds. I've posted before about how I lost a job for a "distasteful" company name (an old online nick) I registered back around 2000. Lost my job 13 years later. I at least got severance. Not much I could do, or cared to do. Image is everything to some companies.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Sep 5, 2014
USA
And another:

Mazzocco was identified on social media after he posted pictures and videos of himself in Washington D.C. during the riot to his personal Facebook page. One picture is a selfie of the suspect just outside the Capitol building along with the caption "the capital is ours!"

The 37-year-old's job was listed as loan officer for NMLS Consumer Access, Synergy One Lending. As reported by Kens 5, Mazzocco is now no longer employed by the company and his profile has been removed from their website.

"For those concerned, we wish to inform you that this individual is no longer employed by our company," a Synergy One Lending spokesperson told Kens 5.

"Part of our core vision for our company is to build and maintain a pristine reputation. We remain steadfast to that enduring objective."

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
I don't remember articles like this over the summer involving BLM/etc rioters. There's a joke somewhere in here about how the right has jobs and the left doesn't. Usually it involves those on the right not being able to riot in the first place because they're too busy working. These people should have just went to work as normal that day. For numerous reasons.

There were articles about lawyers, doctors, etc being fired or arrested during the summer riots for illegal acts like molotov cocktails and such.

And I agree ... The people being fired FOR THIS should have been given severance... Especially if they weren't arrested or aren't in danger of being arrested ... Only the ones who entered the Capitol building should, imo.

Reactions: prag16

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
He's been put, basically, on house arrest, it seems. But it's not over...

"I need to put you on a very short rope," Cureton said. "These are strange times for our country and the concerns raised by the government do not fall on deaf ears." He warned that Brock would likely face further charges.