• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man on LSD saves dog from imaginary fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

xkramz

A Halfmoon man allegedly broke into his neighbor's house to save the family dog from a fire, Thursday night. However, there was no fire. Troopers say he was on LSD and hallucinating.

Troopers say 43-year-old Michael Orchard of Inglewood Drive told them he mixed LSD with cough medicine Thursday afternoon and they found him, standing heroically with a dog in his arms outside of what he thought was a giant inferno.

"He believed that the residence was on fire and he was rescuing the dog," said Trooper Mark Cepiel, Troop G Spokesperson.

Neighbors tell NewsChannel 13 Orchard went around the neighborhood banging on doors yelling about a fire. Since no one would help, because there was no fire. The animal lover took matters into his own hands to save the dog, allegedly driving his black BMW sedan through the fence. Troopers say once Orchard got through this fence with his vehicle, he got out, went up to the back door, smashed through it and went inside to save the family's large white dog.

Orchard was charged with second degree burglary and third degree criminal mischief and put in county jail on $15,000 bail.

Neighbors didn't want to go on camera because they're scared of retribution in the tightly packed development. Several neighbors listed things Orchard has allegedly destroyed in the past.

We asked Trooper Cepiel why there were no drug charges if Orchard was allegedly high.

"He drove over yards and through the fence. At no point was he on the roadway and no illegal substances were found in his possession," said Cepiel.

Troopers say Orchard was very cooperative. The developers say they've already ordered the victims a new door. The dog was unharmed.

http://wnyt.com/news/michael-orchar...n-halfmoon-saratoga-county/4291294/?cat=10114

Well, at least his heart was in the right place.

Rgeibl.gif

Okay, that guy is a champ. Runs into what he believes is a burning house to save the dog.

His heart was in the right place, but I wonder if any of the neighbours ignored him or if any said "there's no fire" and he simply didn't believe em

Wallach

i think the charges are too big, he tried to save a Dog :(

Fuck outta here, he drove a car through a fence, busted down a door and entered someone else's home. He's lucky he isn't dead, and that he didn't kill anyone when he got into that car.

If you're going to do drugs do them responsibly. This isn't it. And he's a grown ass man who either knows this or is a fucking problem for not knowing it at that age.

Lubricus

Neighbors didn't want to go on camera because they're scared of retribution in the tightly packed development. Several neighbors listed things Orchard has allegedly destroyed in the past.

His family must own the place.

Altazor

a real human being and a real hero

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
This is the best story ever. We need more feel good stories in the news.

Mexen

Fuck outta here, he drove a car through a fence, busted down a door and entered someone else's home. He's lucky he isn't dead, and that he didn't kill anyone when he got into that car.

If you're going to do drugs do them responsibly. This isn't it. And he's a grown ass man who either knows this or is a fucking problem for not knowing it at that age.

AIVQJeB.jpg

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
I see jokes, but his dude caused real damage. It also appears this isn't the first instance of this person doing something crazy. Could you imagine some drugged out crazy person breaks into your home screaming something about a fire, steals your family pet, and leaves. Was anyone home? This story could have easily been darker. "Drugged Crazyed neighbor breaks into house killed by father protecting his family."

Don't even get me started on driving in his Drugged out state.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
No one will be so positive when he smokes pcp and tries to rescue a dog he thinks is trapped in someone's chest cavity using some power tools.

The Beard

The guy sounds like a real shithead. The article says that the neighbors were listing off numerous things that this guy has destroyed in the past. I'd hate to live next to him.

CTLance

I kinda pity him, but he still drove around while zonked out of his mind, rammed a fence and broke into a house. Doing drugs doesn't magically absolve you from getting your shit pushed back in for breaking the law.

DBT85

I see jokes, but his dude caused real damage. It also appears this isn't the first instance of this person doing something crazy. Could you imagine some drugged out crazy person breaks into your home screaming something about a fire, steals your family pet, and leaves. Was anyone home? This story could have easily been darker. "Drugged Crazyed neighbor breaks into house killed by father protecting his family."

Don't even get me started on driving in his Drugged out state.

Agreed. But he saved the doggie and drugs are cool so stop being a square! /s

Could easily have been "man shot dead after getting crazy cranked, driving through a house killing a family"

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
He drove over yards and through the fence. At no point was he on the roadway

This might be my favorite part about it. He can't be cited for operating a vehicle illegally because it never left private property.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom