• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man punches a young kid allegedly trying to defend his daughter/family

• Thread starter Deleted member 713885
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
So this group of kids tried to assualt this mans daughter.
Interweb is up in arms..
Racism, child abuse etc..

You make the call!

See this Instagram video by @tonnes_angel18

Me, I'd knock ANY kids out trying to assualt my kid!

eot

Banned
That's a pretty serious punch, it's no joke, you can die just hitting your head on the pavement after something like that. He's a big dude, he's not really threatened by those people. I mean he casually shoved her like 5 meters.

Hope he enjoys his jail cell
And yet, when the races are reversed, you'd be celebrating.

As always: whoever escalates this from words to physical actions is in the wrong.
I don't get what was going on in the video, it doesn't show us how things started.
The level of force used was beyond excessive. It's possible to protect without resorting to attack.

BraveOne

And yet, when the races are reversed, you'd be celebrating.

As always: whoever escalates this from words to physical actions is in the wrong.
I don't get what was going on in the video, it doesn't show us how things started.
The level of force used was beyond excessive. It's possible to protect without resorting to attack.

You don’t know that . Don’t make an assumption, a grown man is beating a child. I wouldn’t make that assumption about you regardless

Just checked the malls facebook ..the police arrested him and on the local police dep website there’s a recent arrest for assault on a child under 12 .

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Why is this in politics?

Interwebs up in arms. Is it or are you trying to sensationalize this event?

I'm a bit torn on whether the punch is justified after the shove but I think the girl learned (and her friends) a valuable lesson that day. Don't mess with someone bigger than you. Mess with a dude's family, surround him from multiple sides and try to be aggressive with him then don't be surprised when he does something back.

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
Why is this in politics?

Interwebs up in arms. Is it or are you trying to sensationalize this event?

I'm a bit torn on whether the punch is justified after the shove but I think the girl learned (and her friends) a valuable lesson that day. Don't mess with someone bigger than you. Mess with a dude's family, surround him from multiple sides and try to be aggressive with him then don't be surprised when he does something back.

Yes, it should be moved. I had just finished posting in politics prior to posting this.

Relativ9

Yeah this isn't a racial issue...this is a grown ass man using way to much force and way more than he needs to stop a bunch of young girls who are (form how it appears in the video) barely using any physical force and simply being obnoxious teenagers, if I pushed out every obnoxious teenager I ran across I'd have a rap sheet a mile long and probably one or two murders under my belt (I'm a big guy). A man that size should know not to use such force.

Last edited:
Based on the title and description, I thought we were at least going to see the daughter being attacked, and the guy jumping in and using more force than required to protect her. This seems like it was completely after the fact. This is WAY beyond self defense. To justify force like that, she'd have to be coming at him and his daughter with a knife or something.

I can't say I feel bad for either the Grown Man nor the Teen(s) here.

Why are you in a group surrounding a single person yelling and screaming? Using your size in numbers to intimidate. Hateful group.

And it was all laughs and physical until she got dropped. They surrounded the individual. Felt strong in their numbers. Laughed and clowned around. Wasn't scared clearly. Shoved the man, even when he shoved back... she came back with her hands up about to throw them. Unfortunately for her, he threw them quicker. Got dropped and all the others in the group that was continuing to instigate the situation ran and left her in danger.

He should have got his family away from there and informed law enforcement or the mall security. His actions were wrong and immature.

Everyone involved are cowards.

Will a lesson be learned from either parties? Probably not. But even in the animal kingdom it is known... mess with the cub, you are gonna get the bear.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
No one would know what to do in this situation, don't underestimate mobs mentality and the strength of kids this tall.

The kids ain't dumb either, they understand that the adults have more to lose. I hope this guy get off free, no one should be threatened in public.

Mohonky

Need to know more. A large group was surrounding someone, no real context of who or why. The guy steps in the middle but it didn't seem to phase anyone, particularly as he got a shove and people appeared to be screaming something at him, though again no real context or understanding of what was going on. He shoves the girl who shoved him initially she comes back for more. The guy knocks the ever living out of the girl. Don't support what the guy did at all, he could have killed her with a hit like that.

I'm always half half on these things though, there's a sense of entitlement in that approach that he 'shouldn't' go in like that, and I agree he shouldn't, but why you would go in thinking that because someone shouldn't that they won't, I don't know.

Would like to know more about what sparked that event.

finowns

I have no sympathy for those 'kids' they knew exactly what they were doing and got exactly what they were looking for.

kingwingin

Reading the comments on that video it seems like black people love sticking together no matter what. Talking about shooting him and doxing.

Cant tell if they are stupid and lack critical thinking or just hate white people

RedVIper

Banned
All parties involved are st fault. The mob needs to learn that it's not okay to mess with people, if you can't even best them it's just dumb.

The dude needs to learn to keep his cool, obviously he was going on adreneline and lost it, but it's still self defence as far as the video goes.

Claming this to be a race issue is just stupid, we have no evidence for that. But, the media will condem him, he will be dragged across courts and he'll probably have to pay the girl some money, even though the mob are the agressors.

Grinchy

Banned
The video seems to start too late for the proper context. From the video, all I see is a big, grown ass man leveling a little kid. If this entire group was trying to attack his daughter, then that obviously changes things but since I don't get to see that part, I don't know what to think here.

The video seems to start too late for the proper context. From the video, all I see is a big, grown ass man leveling a little kid. If this entire group was trying to attack his daughter, then that obviously changes things but since I don't get to see that part, I don't know what to think here.

Yeah that's def gonna get him in trouble even though he was only trying to defend his daughter.

Assault against a kid, not good man.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Reading the comments on that video it seems like black people love sticking together no matter what. Talking about shooting him and doxing.

Cant tell if they are stupid and lack critical thinking or just hate white people
Yeah, we can leave the racism out of this forum. Fuck off.

You don’t know that . Don’t make an assumption, a grown man is beating a child. I wouldn’t make that assumption about you regardless

Just checked the malls facebook ..the police arrested him and on the local police dep website there’s a recent arrest for assault on a child under 12 .

I just wanna applaud your response here you were the bigger man.

I just wanna applaud your response here you were the bigger man.
It would have been the simplest thing in the world to categorically deny the claim.
But that didn't happen. :unsure:

Bigots circling their wagons don't make them any less bigoted - it just shows a remarkable parallel to the video in the OP.

Last edited:

RedVIper

Banned
Why wouldn't he just take his kid and leave? Dude had to be a hero.

Not sure if you ever had your children assaulted, or if you've been assaulted for that matter, but keeping it cool isn't easy when you have adrenaline rushing trough your body.

quickwhips

I can’t see the video but if a mob of kids was attacking my son. I would lay them out no questions asked. Parents should raise them better. Also get that race shit out of here.

Last edited:

Discusguy

That’s fucked up. They’re only kids. If they started punching and kicking him. That’s a different story. On the other hand, he might have also stopped it from escalating further with that huge punch.

That’s fucked up. They’re only kids. If they started punching and kicking him. That’s a different story. On the other hand, he might have also stopped it from escalating further with that huge punch.

But she does hit him, from behind and then she gets pushed away and comes running back with fists ready before he puts her ass down

BraveOne

It would have been the simplest thing in the world to categorically deny the claim.
But that didn't happen. :unsure:

Bigots circling their wagons don't make them any less bigoted - it just shows a remarkable parallel to the video in the OP.

I operate with a default setting of a grown man hitting an 11 year old child is not OKAY ! I expect anyone and everyone to follow that regardless of what race the person is. While you throw around accusations let the adults engage in discussion

Yeah he's gonna be in trouble. He came in yelling break it up and nudged someone to the side. I guess he was protecting his wife and kid. He fucked up.

Hopefully he gets off. I wish a teacher had punched some of the shits who stabbed me with sharpened orchestra bow tips and beat me with a music stand in middle school.

Maybe if they didn't want to get hit, they shouldn't have acted like violent little psychos.

Teletraan1

Banned
Kids were acting like insane assholes, he was acting like an abusive idiot for hitting them. He could have defended himself without knockout blows. He weighs like 3x as much as that girl. Looks like a big old shit sandwich that everyone there should take a bite out of including the parents of those kids. Would like more context as to what this screeching circle was about.

Hopefully he gets off. I wish a teacher had punched some of the shits who stabbed me with sharpened orchestra bow tips and beat me with a music stand in middle school.

Maybe if they didn't want to get hit, they shouldn't have acted like violent little psychos.

I would have gladly beaten them up for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to me like people see what they want to see. I don't see the man being assaulted. I don't see his family being assaulted. I don't even know if his family is in the video?

He was only surrounded because he walked directly into the middle of the group of children. He had every opportunity to leave. Even if they initiated the "surrounding," he had ample room to leave at any time.

The first thing he does is shove one of the girls who is far side from the camera perspective, near the street. Watch closely in the beginning. He absolutely is the aggressor, as far as the video evidence.

Is there any evidence at all that he or his family received physical aggression first, other than a random story on an Instagram post from someone claiming to be a cousin in the man's family?

To me, this is unacceptable. Kids acting like idiots isn't a crime, necessarily. Vicious assault is. I can't help but wonder what the reactions would be if roles were reversed here.

As far as I am concerned the burden is completely on the adults to de-escalate and remove themselves from the sitation unless they find themselves in clear and present danger. As far as "what is danger," I guess that can be subjective.

I don't think being an annoying kid deserves being viciously assaulted. Until someone can prove to me that the man or his family were assaulted first, all I have is the video. The video clearly shows the man as the aggressor.

The video really just saddens me. Just a sad sight, for multiple reasons.

if you read some of the comments on Reddit you will see this isn't exclusive to one side. I believe one of the most upvoted comments is "I wish the girl had died." There's a lot of ugly comments being thrown out in every direction. Big time.

It scares me that we are nearing an age when viciously knocking out 12 year old girls in public is completely acceptable in the eyes of the majority.

The only actual evidence we have does not depict an act of self-defense, in my analysis.

I operate with a default setting of a grown man hitting an 11 year old child is not OKAY ! I expect anyone and everyone to follow that regardless of what race the person is. While you throw around accusations let the adults engage in discussion
You still haven't actually denied the claim. Just employed deflection.

Do not think this is an isolated incident.
Just because partisan, skewed rhetoric hasn't been challenged every time its been practiced doesn't mean it's not already painted a very ugly picture.
Spare me your mock outrage and belittling tone.

BraveOne

You still haven't actually denied the claim. Just employed deflection.

Do not think this is an isolated incident.
Just because partisan, skewed rhetoric hasn't been challenged every time its been practiced doesn't mean it's not already painted a very ugly picture.
Spare me your mock outrage and belittling tone.

You need help, i'm not going to play your silly games. If you want to actually talk about it then be my guest but if not then nothing i can do

Three replies.
No denials.
The simplest thing, the easiest way to utterly prove me wrong and to show how righteous and just you are in your remarks - and it's the one thing you refuse to do. :unsure:
And, of course, if you were so genuinely above it all, you wouldn't engage at all.
Yet here you are. :unsure:

I don't need to say any more.
You've shown far more than my words could possibly convey.

Three replies.
No denials.
The simplest thing, the easiest way to utterly prove me wrong and to show how righteous and just you are in your remarks - and it's the one thing you refuse to do. :unsure:
And, of course, if you were so genuinely above it all, you wouldn't engage at all.

What are you talking about?

Just talk straight.

BraveOne

ac8541b5-ab62-492f-b755-67b22c5b45f8-large16x9_mallfightmuggraphic.JPG

https://wlos.com/news/local/black-mountain-man-charged-with-assault-on-girl
An off-duty officer arrested Bell, 51, of Black Mountain, and he is charged with assault on a female under 12 and two counts of assault on a female.

Last edited:

BraveOne

Three replies.
No denials.

I find it odd that out off all the gaffers who posted in this thread you've decided to project your anger out on me. Its unhealthy i dont know whats going on in your life but i hope you sort it out because this level of pent up hate must come from somewhere. Hope stuff works out for you bro

TrainedRage

Banned
Don't knock out 12 year old girls. Come on man. That's assault for sure.
I would like to see a video showing what the kids were doing to his daughter to make him behave like this.

I find it odd that out off all the gaffers who posted in this thread you've decided to project your anger out on me. Its unhealthy i dont know whats going on in your life but i hope you sort it out because this level of pent up hate must come from somewhere. Hope stuff works out for you bro
Ah, increasingly desperate fabrications. How convincing.
Still engaging.
Still trying to use deflection.
Still trying to belittle.

Still not denying the claim.

As I said:
if you were so genuinely above it all, you wouldn't engage at all.

Top Bottom