Man says he doesn’t have to lodge tax returns because he’s not a ‘person’

Nov 25, 2015
This is 2019 folks, we’re in for a bumpy ride!

A man says taxation laws do not apply to him because he does not accept recognition as a person – an argument a magistrate has described as nonsense.
Glen James Polglaise, of North Bendigo, failed to submit six tax returns for the financial years ending 2012 to 2017.
"As I waive my right to recognition as a person, I am not a resident for tax purposes," he said.

But magistrate Michael King found Polglaise guilty of all six charges.

Dr King said paying tax did not contravene human rights nor fall within the definition of servitude.
"That would make a mockery of the law," he said.

Dr King said Polglaise’s arguments were "entirely lacking in merit".

Polglaise was convicted and fined $6000 plus costs.
https://amp.theage.com.au/national/...ecause-he-s-not-a-person-20190207-p50wbt.html

Nov 19, 2018
When someone takes 100% of your labor against your will we call that slavery. But, if they only take 50% landlubbers euphemistically call that taxation. It's a difference of degree, not of kind. The Crown is seizing the fruits of their labor by force. Whether the Crown claims a fortune or a cent is irrelevant. The only "right" the Crown has to take your money is the "right" of a slaveholder.
Pirateswithoutborders.com

Yes the guy is crazy for thinking saying that would work but taxation is just evil. It doesn’t make it better if they proclaim to give you something for it.

Feb 22, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Pirateswithoutborders.com

Yes the guy is crazy for thinking saying that would work but taxation is just evil. It doesn’t make it better if they proclaim to give you something for it.
Hey, if you think taxation is "evil," be sure to never use a public road, call for the police (or a fire truck) or sue someone in court. Let's see how far that gets you.

It's pretty simple: taxation is a good thing because it spreads out the cost of services that many people need, and which are frequently better served by institutions without a profit motive. The US in particular has been through times when police and fire services were private, and they were horrible.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
taxation is just evil.
I mean if you don't want to pay taxes then go find yourself some land that isn't claimed by any other country and defend it against claimants who may want to take it from you. Or push out some governmental force to capture said land. Otherwise, quit being a sociopath.

Nov 19, 2018
Those things all existed without taxation. An fire departments are voluntary in a lot of rural cities.

I can use those things as I have been forced to pay taxes. So meh

Feb 22, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Those things all existed without taxation. An fire departments are voluntary in a lot of rural cities.

I can use those things as I have been forced to pay taxes. So meh
Yeah, and as I said, when they were private, they were horrible. Go look at the abuses of the Pinkertons in the 19th century, or when firefighters would refuse to put out fires if a building wasn't marked as privately insured.

It's pretty simple: if you want essential services that are widely available and cost much less than they would paying out of pocket, you support taxes. It's odd to call taxes "evil" when you benefit from them every day.

Sep 4, 2018
if he is not a person then he cannot own property. you don't have to pay taxes anymore but now the gov't gets all your shit.

the Obama administration claimed forcing people to buy a private product is a tax
it is effectively a tax on people too poor to afford health insurance. in practice, it is more like a public-private industry subsidy, funneling money from the public directly to private companies.

Last edited:

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
I mean if you don't want to pay taxes then go find yourself some land that isn't claimed by any other country and defend it against claimants who may want to take it from you. Or push out some governmental force to capture said land. Otherwise, quit being a sociopath.
Taxes would be fine.... if borders were closed and everyone pays for it.

But thanks to the welfare state and illegal immigration, you are paying taxes for someone elses benefit as you get squeezed dry by the government.

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
Taxes would be fine.... if borders were closed and everyone pays for it.
Bullshit. If you magically closed the border and magically got everybody to pay their fair share you still wouldn't think taxes are fine. Then you'd start complaining about services that you haven't used that are funded via taxes.

The issue at the core of this is America's desire to remain a superpower and have a good standard of living for everybody at the same time. No other country has managed to pay for that for any length of time. We're relatively close to being energy self-sufficient and we've always been able to feed ourselves which means we need to transition out of the superpower role into the elder statesman role you see from most of the countries in central Europe.

We'll still have MAD as the ultimate defense and we won't be spending money all over the world trying to spread a Democracy that isn't even working at home. Instead we can rebuild our infrastructure, slim down the government and get back to the American Dream while still being able to compete in a world economy.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2007
Ah sovereign citizens, so wacky. I love watching them get owned.

Nothing beats this guy though, the way the cop so nonchalantly just tasers him lol. Dunno why this short version is so crappy, but you can see whats happening.

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Bullshit. If you magically closed the border and magically got everybody to pay their fair share you still wouldn't think taxes are fine. Then you'd start complaining about services that you haven't used that are funded via taxes.
Is half my paycheck going towards paying for useless bureaucracy? If not, it's not an issue.

The welfare state and the current [non-stop] immigration means I'm paying for an infinite growth of a population.

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
Is half my paycheck going towards paying for useless bureaucracy? If not, it's not an issue.

The welfare state and the current [non-stop] immigration means I'm paying for an infinite growth of a population.
There will always be faceless people to blame.

May 19, 2010

The issue at the core of this is America's desire to remain a superpower and have a good standard of living for everybody at the same time. No other country has managed to pay for that for any length of time. We're relatively close to being energy self-sufficient and we've always been able to feed ourselves which means we need to transition out of the superpower role into the elder statesman role you see from most of the countries in central Europe.

We'll still have MAD as the ultimate defense and we won't be spending money all over the world trying to spread a Democracy that isn't even working at home. Instead we can rebuild our infrastructure, slim down the government and get back to the American Dream while still being able to compete in a world economy.
It’s JordanL, do not engage.

Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
Ah sovereign citizens, so wacky. I love watching them get owned.

Nothing beats this guy though, the way the cop so nonchalantly just tasers him lol. Dunno why this short version is so crappy, but you can see whats happening.

This one is classic.

“I don’t know what the hell kind of lawbook you’re reading but it doesn’t apply to me.”

“God isn’t concerned about your camera, sir. I am.”

There’s a goldmine of soverign citizen crap on YouTube.

Especially for traffic stops that lead to smashed windows and arrests when all that was needed was a shown form of ID

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
Yeah, and as I said, when they were private, they were horrible. Go look at the abuses of the Pinkertons in the 19th century, or when firefighters would refuse to put out fires if a building wasn't marked as privately insured.

It's pretty simple: if you want essential services that are widely available and cost much less than they would paying out of pocket, you support taxes. It's odd to call taxes "evil" when you benefit from them every day.
Taxes are totally needed to provide citizens services.... especially essential services.

However, governments are full of waste and useless employees getting big bucks. And because many of them are unionized, the government doesn't bother or can't fire them. If there's one thing governments can't do well is negotiate. I bet every dollar I have some mom and pop shop would wheel and deal better costs than the government with billion dollar budgets. They simply don't care because governments have unlimited pocketbooks...... infinite dollar and time deficits and debts. No private company would stand for this. So Joe Blow government dude doesn't really care.

Private companies are all about trying to streamline business so it functions well at as low cost as possible. Anyone saying corporations are minimum wage hoarders is full of shit because only the lowly skilled front liners get that. The types who are replaceable with high school part timers. Almost nobody at head office, regional officers, workers at distribution centers, truck/fleet crew etc..... get paid minimum wage. Good paying jobs are there, people just have to get it. Hate making minimum wage stocking shelves? Hey, if you had a basic college degree you could probably be working at HQ as an entry level marketing assistant making $50,000. The $$$ are there.

What irks people is that even when it's obvious lots of government workers are working at turtle speed, somehow they are retained, costs go up and leads to higher taxes. I'd bet that if 10% of government workers were cut, the city would function just as well.

However, there is a counter to all of this...... if anyone's perception of government is to also be some kind of quasi-charity employer over-hiring people just for the heck of giving people jobs then ya I guess that can be a reason for it.

This is the type of stuff that bugs people.... while the TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) hikes up fees a dime here and there, you get this. And believe it or not, these jobs (where you'd sit and watch people drop money into the coinbox) are SENIOR jobs. Long time vets get these jobs paying $100,000. Good thing is that TTC has transitioned to cards so you don't see these guys really anymore.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018
Hey, if you think taxation is "evil," be sure to never use a public road, call for the police (or a fire truck) or sue someone in court. Let's see how far that gets you.

It's pretty simple: taxation is a good thing because it spreads out the cost of services that many people need, and which are frequently better served by institutions without a profit motive. The US in particular has been through times when police and fire services were private, and they were horrible.
Yep, spot on. The rather bonkers tax-is-theft libertarian types give just as much comedy as the SJWs - both are pretty despicable and, if allowed to run things, would make one hell of a mess. Let's hope that day never comes.

Aug 22, 2018
So what is the perfect tax rate and how or who should determine where these taxes go?
*sigh* a low-effort post. Experience has taught me that, for the most part, the tax-is-theft guys can't offer a coherent explanation for what their vision of society would be. I will shortly ask for that, after answering this query, and I will decide whether to continue engaging you accordingly, but be warned I consider the taxation-is-theft ideology to be just as flawed, and often in exactly the same ways, as SJW ideology, as it becomes religion based on core unchallengable tenets which are in fact built on pillars of sand - the problem being that debate on those topics is impossible because to admit such would be to lose their core belief.

My personal answer to the tax question is that there is not a perfect tax rate, just as there is no perfect form of democracy, but rather the tax rate we have is a correct one for the people, based on its existence through the consent of the ballot box. If a party offers policies seen to raise taxes too high, they usually lose the election. Parties seen to make too many cuts start to suffer. Often parties will self-correct when polling shows their ideas to be unpopular, and that is how the tax system modulates, in rough accordance with popular will. It may not be what you personally want, it may not be what I personally want, but the odds of finding a solution which pleases every one of a population of 70 million (for the UK) are slim. It's thus a compromise.

On to my question to you, and I would like to see you answer this rather than solely going on the attack, as the onus is on you here, having proposed something radically different to what we have, to explain why your way is better. My question (as yet never properly answered by any of your type, just as SJWs will never properly discuss what actually constitutes racism or toxic masculinity):

What is your vision of a country without tax? What would it look like? We can go from two starting positions: We could start from where we are today, sell the assets of government to the highest bidder and split the profits among the population, or we can start a new country on a plot of land gifted to you by the state of Texas. Tell me how you'll keep your borders secure. Tell me how you plan to stop people robbing and killing each other. Tell me how you plan to have a workforce with the skills needed to keep businesses in your country profitable. How do you plan to provide the infrastructure? Detail that vision so that I can discuss your view and we can talk. Fail to do so and I'll have to dismiss you as another ideologue alongside the likes of NI, ssolitaire, etc.

Nov 14, 2009
If he isn't a person then I guess we can treat him like an animal and put him in a cage then. Idiot.

What is world coming to?
A beast of burden. Send him out onto the front lines of a war as a tool and see how long he remains not a person.

What is your vision of a country without tax?
Even though I'm not the person you were asking I'll give my own answer. I have no vision of such a country.

May 15, 2018
he doesnt have to pay taxes because hes not a person! i agree! but he does have to follow every other thing a person has to do like eat sleep shit work take out his trash drive his car to work or perhaps walk to work. jerk off when he comes home from work. he socializes with his neighbors his co workers his mail man. he even goes down the route of a "person" who doesnt want to pay taxes in some kind of lawful way. but no. hes not a person hes exempt. hes just a piece of shit

Dec 11, 2018
This one is classic.

“I don’t know what the hell kind of lawbook you’re reading but it doesn’t apply to me.”

“God isn’t concerned about your camera, sir. I am.”

There’s a goldmine of soverign citizen crap on YouTube.

Especially for traffic stops that lead to smashed windows and arrests when all that was needed was a shown form of ID
I like the "what are you ... are you a human?" line best :D