Man wearing ‘MAGA’ hat says woman berated him at California Starbucks for supporting Trump

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
When y'all don't know what to say anymore you resort to posting gifs or some other forms of shit posts. Anything in order to avoid having to formulate a further argument.
Not just you and not just in this thread.

I hope that, even though y'all would never admit it, you at least realize how weak your viewpoints must have been when you can't even defend it against a bunch of simple counter points.
The crap you're spewing barely deserves a
gif. I mean to live in so much denial, and to expect the rest of the us to just follow is just something else.

The important factor here is always the power dynamic. A majority that, on top of being a majority, also holds disproportionally large amounts of the power in a country functions in a way that fundamentally different from a disenfranchised minority that tries to protect its identity and culture and right in a society that threatens these aspects.
That is simply not true. Corporate America is held hostage to progressive principles and money is power. One of the fews things I admire about trump is he was able to bust through that.

What are these conservative and traditional values you think are important?
The ones that built this country. All too often people point out it's problems, but whether you would admit it or not this country offers people more than their own and it wasn't made just for those coming in. People from Germany, France, Poland, Spain, and all the other countries in Europe were forced to learn the language and adopt American values all while bring a little of their culture to throw into the mix. But since there're all WHITE you probably can't even see that. But that is your ignorance. It's no different than saying China, Japan, Korea.... same difference(which is wrong btw)

Think outside the box man. Why are you talking about two sides even?
There are no two sides, but y'all still try to shoehorn the countries political leaning into a binary way of expression because a couple hundred years ago people who never even anticipated the problems we are facing today created a voting system that automatically leads to a two party system.
And people have internalized this status quo to the point where they aren't even capable of conceptualizing an America that works differently.
No dude, look at history and people tend to divide into simple groups because it's easier. Also we have been a two party system since well forever. Rush Limbaugh coin the term "Liberals" to define the current democratic party and gave a name to what many in the country hated about the main stream media. He was the first to capitalize on it and Fox news came after. All this did was send CNN and rest of mainstream media into a tailspin of hyperbolic reporting.

Social justice has been at the core of german politics for the past 80 years.
It's the reason why we have universal healthcare, free college education, a robust social net and much more.
Soziale Gerechtigkeit (social justice) is one of the top voter concerns in Germany.
You dont think that that might be a slight over correction for being responsible for attempted genocide and the second world war? Besides this aint fucking germany. FYI I agree with universal healthcare. but we need to deal with insurance companies. Not just throw some bs plan on top of it.

Or you can call it responsibility, an important aspect of free speech.
This was always an integral part of free speech, but for the longest time people didn't realize that because their speech only reached very few. Today you can reach everyone and with reach grows responsibility and also consequences.
But people act like they are still entitled to be treated as if they were talking to their 3 best friends in a treehouse.
Now they are the angry mob with torches threatening the three kids in the tree house... progress!

I don't even know what you are talking about.
Question any puritan's belief 200 years ago and you'd get the same response.

If there is a problem on the left then I think it's the way criticism is received.
No better way to expose narcissism than criticizing a person and watching them interpret it as a personal attack.
Yeah thats more of a human thing, but white guilt has enabled the left to dangerous levels.

Last edited:

1.21Gigawatts

can't help talking about pedophiles
Nov 24, 2012
munich
The ones that built this country.
I asked you for the values. Can't you give me a straight answer here?

Often its most effective to discuss across the aisle by talking goals first, because the goals are often very similar while the disagreement comes in when discussing the ways to get there. I read your entire response and think thats the most constructive way here.

So, what are the values you think should be retained and what are the societal goals you want to reach and where do you think democrats or liberals disagree.
Don't worry about the way of achieving things just yet, just talk about the ideals and goals.

Oct 26, 2018
More info: https://heavy.com/news/2019/04/rebecca-mankey-parker/

“I feel bad someone gets fired from their job, but that’s the way it is between her and her job,” he added.
Sounds about right. Out of this whole situation, the only thing the old man said was a single sentence, while the punk rocker chick screamed like a child trying to get attention.

Lefty loudmouth = 100%
Righty quiet = 100%

The hilarious thing is that the media seems to love conflict. And most silly issues now are extreme lefty issues...... which doesn't look good for the overall image of being a lefty. The more AOC, Omar and punk rocker chick kinds of situations pop up, no wonder the Democratic side is fractured in leadership.

For all you lefties out there, you all know Donnie is consistent and probably will run for 2020 again. But your left leaning image and candidate pool is getting infused with silly left speeches and situations that are tarnishing the whole point of being a reasonable and moderate left.

Best thing to do is stick with reasonable left views and don't do punk rocker chick stuff. That's why nobody at Starbucks helped her. He might be wearing a MAGA hat, but he also looks like a normal old guy just getting coffee minding his own business. Trying to break down an old man never looks good in any situation as it's an overall attack on senior citizens. Not a good call.

Last edited:

Dunki

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2017
Social justice has been at the core of german politics for the past 80 years.
It's the reason why we have universal healthcare, free college education, a robust social net and much more.
Soziale Gerechtigkeit (social justice) is one of the top voter concerns in Germany.
Social justice is something different. Almost no one would argue against social justice in its core. The problem is when it becomes extreme and this is what happens with identity politics right now.
What are these conservative and traditional values you think are important?
These are values the other side has no values except going agaisnt everything they do not like and if you slightly disagree with these people you are already on a Hitler level. This is why the left eats it self they split up into so many small groups that they become powerless and insane. Just look at BLM and the Pride Parade thing.

This was always an integral part of free speech, but for the longest time people didn't realize that because their speech only reached very few. Today you can reach everyone and with reach grows responsibility and also consequences.
Here again is the problem the hypocrisy. Because many people think no matter what they do even if they do the same like doxxing republicans, terrorizing their houses and them in public they think it is the right thing because they believe to be on the right side of history. And if they do everything is fair game to destroy your enemy. If this is done to them however they will whine like little children who never had any kind of upbringing. They are entitled little shitheads.

Also Social Media has become the most toxic place in our free world today. It is cancer to our society and I would compare it to a biblical disaster that came upon us. And No I am not religious. It was just a good comparison^^

If there is a problem on the left then I think it's the way criticism is received.
No it is their absolute ridiculous. You as German should know about Weimar Republic and this is what happens right now in the whole world especially in Europe. The right is raising because of the absolute incompetence of the left.

Dunki

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2017
MSNBC and CNN are neither pushing leftist nor progressive nor conservative agendas. They are simply all over the place depending on the dynamic an issues takes on.
Thats absolute bullshit alone a ridiculous person like Rachel Madow is a sign for their bullshit agenda.

I like these videos with batman in it :p

or this

They are admitting being biased

Last edited:

Weiji

Jul 20, 2018
I mean she's a bitch for getting in someone's face who is minding their own business, but I really hate this culture of firing people for things they do that are not related to their employer. If she did this at her place of employment, or while representing her employer in any capacity then sure, but she didn't. She was a bitch at Starbucks to a rando, that's not grounds for being fired.

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Isn't Fox News pretty much the prime example of a partisan outlet? Like, CNN has its bias towards sensationalism, which is bad enough, but their partisan appearance is just a result of the fact that the GOP is a mess you simply can't report any more positively on.
But Fox News is literally used in journalism courses in Europe to illustrate framing tactics, propaganda and misinformation.
I would never think of trying to portray them as partisan, because I think its common knowledge that Fox News is a propaganda outlet.
"GOP is a mess" and the Democrats aren't? I would argue you're viewing things through a partisan lens yourself if that's your view of the two parties right now.

CNN's bias isn't towards sensationalism, that's a fault shared industry-wide. They've clearly taken the anti-Trump position that wasn't there in 2015. CNN's anchors/contributors smiled and had a good time portraying him as a good-natured person after he had made those remarks about Mexican immigrants, so ask yourself what changed. They still made a decent attempt at covering both sides of the issues prior to the general election, but once Trump got elected and he was inaugurated there was a business strategy employed to stay competitive with MSNBC because they were profiting from the anger the media had stirred up against him. Watch CNN's anchors' faces when they have independent or conservative voices explain how wrong they are on any given issue, like Brooke Baldwin or Anderson Cooper. There is an unmistakable partisan slant - you don't spend years parroting lies when you're interested in reporting the truth.

When you have Fox News being pro-Trump and MSNBC being anti-Trump, trying to stay in the middle no longer made business sense to CNN because of the polarized state of affairs. They were taking heat from both the left and the right, so they decided to swing left and that's where they remain. If you want to attempt to defend their reporting as fair and/or balanced since Trump's inauguration I look forward to your arguments. There is an abundance of riches for CNN detractors, so you'll have your work cut out for you. Pre 2015 CNN is a night and day difference compared to what we have today.

The propaganda label can easily be attached to all of the mainstream outlets these days. CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, ABC, CBS, NY Times, Washington Post... they're all downplaying or ignoring facets of their stories that reflect negatively on their parties of choice while playing up the positive aspects. They all do it, that isn't up for debate. If you wanted my honest opinion about which of the mainstream sources was the least misleading/deceptive today I'd say it was Fox News for a variety of reasons, prime among them is that they're the lone conservative voice in a sea of liberals, so when the lies are flying - and there are a LOT of lies - they're the only ones calling them out. Like I keep saying, though, you need to be getting your news from both conservative and liberal sources otherwise you're being played.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
LOL. I had to google the term. Never heard of manky before, but so fitting is the definition.

Funny thing is if you read articles, she also did the music store's accounting. Who the fuck would hire her to do the books?

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
When y'all don't know what to say anymore you resort to posting gifs or some other forms of shit posts. Anything in order to avoid having to formulate a further argument.
Not just you and not just in this thread.

I hope that, even though y'all would never admit it, you at least realize how weak your viewpoints must have been when you can't even defend it against a bunch of simple counter points.
You already told us months ago that you’re an intersectional feminist. Would you bother putting effort into discussing science with a Scientologist? No, you would roll your eyes and walk away, and if they follow you and won’t stop preaching their bullshit, you start trolling them.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Have any of those custom clothes websites offered hat options yet? Like I would like to make a red hat with white letters that says "Just A Fucking Hat" or "LOL Made You Look" or something like that just to poke fun at how silly it is to get mad over MAGA hats.
I got your birthday gift sorted

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
This whole situation could have been avoided if Ms. Mankey would have just controlled her emotions.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
If you are physically attacking someone because they voted for one of the only two choices we are given in this shitty electoral system then you are a bad person whose direct actions are making the world a worse place

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013
She's gone "missing": https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6943471/Woman-46-abused-elderly-man-74-wearing-MAGA-hat-gone-missing-fired.html

A music store employee who ranted at an elderly man because she saw him wearing a Make America Great Again hat outside a California Starbucks has gone missing after she was fired from her job.

Rebecca Mankey, from Palo Alto, failed to return home to her husband on Friday after a trip to Lake County, the Sheriff's Office there say.

Her cellphone last placed her in Aberdeen, Washington, and desperate friends have posted online for help in finding her.

Melissa Demyan wrote on Facebook: 'My friend Parker is missing. It’s been over 24 hours since anyone has seen or heard from her. I last saw her when she was leaving Lake County to head home yesterday.

'Parker if you’re reading this: we love you so so much and we just want to know you’re safe. Please let us know you’re okay!'

Mankey, 46, allegedly branded the 74-year-old Jewish Trump supporter 'racist' and a 'Nazi' before boasting about her attack online earlier this month.
Sgt. Aaron Clark said: 'We have nothing that makes us think she’s at-risk. We’ve determined from the people we’ve talked to that she is voluntarily missing.'
So this is probably an attention seeking stunt.

Barnabot

Oct 16, 2018
I think that maybe it was the results of doxxing getting backfired . You wanna practice shitty things don't go surprised if thing turn around to you. She may just have opened the doxxing door to her instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: dolabla

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018