Man with psychiatric problems stabs mother and sister in Paris (just don't say its related to you know what)

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
KNIFEMAN KILLS MOTHER, SISTER IN PARIS SUBURB ATTACK

TRAPPES, France - A man with psychiatric problems fatally stabbed his mother and sister in the Paris suburb of Trappes on Thursday and seriously wounded a third person, French Interior Minister Gerard Collomb said.

The 36-year-old launched his attack in a street in broad daylight before taking refuge in a house. He was shot dead by police when he ran towards them in a threatening way, the minister said.

"It appears the criminal had serious psychiatric problems," Collomb told reporters in Trappes.

"He was known (to police) for advocating terrorism but it seems he was a disturbed person rather than someone who could respond to calls for action from terrorist organizations like ISIS," he said, using the Arabic acronym for Islamic State.

Collomb said counter-terrorism prosecutors were not at this stage in charge of the investigation but were following it closely.

Trappes is a low-income town located in Paris' affluent western suburbs. Dozens of radicalized youths from the town of about 30,000 habitants have left for Syria.

Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, in his first purported speech in nearly a year, has called on followers to fight on despite recent defeats, according to an audio recording posted on the group's media outlet on Wednesday.

Islamic State swiftly claimed responsibility for the attack but provided no evidence of a link to the knifeman.

BFM TV said the attacker shouted "Allahu Akbar," but police could not confirm this, and they said investigators were looking into whether this was a family quarrel.
I guess since he killed his sister and wife it won't get much play. Curious that he was known to be advocating terrorism, I guess we can say his Islamic extremism was his serious psychiatric problem?

If someone has psychiatric problems and advocates terrorism why are they allowed to roam the streets?

Paris be like

Last edited:

Michele

you.
Jun 7, 2018
:lollipop_thescream::lollipop_thescream: Oh my...I can't believe he killed two women. Worst of all, his family members.

Last edited:

Snoopycat

Banned
Mar 26, 2017

I guess since he killed his sister and wife it won't get much play. Curious that he was known to be advocating terrorism, I guess we can say his Islamic extremism was his serious psychiatric problem?

If someone has psychiatric problems and advocates terrorism why are they allowed to roam the streets?

Paris be like
He wasn't a terrorist. He didn't belong to any terrorist groups and he didn't associate with known terrorists. He was a mentally ill man. Alex Jones has been spouting mentally ill bullshit for years, should he be locked up for that?

Nov 16, 2006
Alex Jones has been spouting mentally ill bullshit for years, should he be locked up for that?
Yes absolutely alex jones should unequivocally be locked up. It’s illegal to falsely yell “fire” in a movie theater right? So why isn’t the same true for media figures whose voices reach millions of people?

Nymphae

Jun 3, 2013
Canada
Yes absolutely alex jones should unequivocally be locked up. It’s illegal to falsely yell “fire” in a movie theater right? So why isn’t the same true for media figures whose voices reach millions of people?
Because talking about conspiracies theories isn't comparable to that scenario? I can understand why (falsely) yelling fire in a crowded theatre is illegal - you are potentially putting people at risk, they will not take time to consider whether your statement is correct, they'd likely assume it's true, prioritize their life, and head for the exits in a mad rush.

But I honestly don't even understand why "inciting violence" is restricted speech. I feel like if I went to a rally somewhere, and the person talking is literally telling the crowd to go kill someone or commit some type of crime, the decision to act on that is ultimately completely on the person who will then go and commit said crime. You could never convince me with speech to commit violence I wasn't already prepared to choose for myself.

Snoopycat

Banned
Mar 26, 2017
The last time I saw Alex Jones he was creeping about in a forest looking for the New World Order with Jon Ronson. He seemed like one of them harmless nutters that hang about bus stops shouting about Jesus. Then all the recent stuff pop up about him and the school massacre survivors. I thought that can't be the same guy who was fuckin about in the woods with owls and shit, he was a idiot, but there he was, all fat and puffed up like a gay body pillow.

TheShadowLord

Jan 7, 2018
If he had been to a mental state hospital, it is possible that he could have discharge while doctors believe he was fine to leave. And ISIS could claim any attack they want even if they did not knew the person,. They have done with the Vegas shooting after all. And the attack in Toronto and there was so no sign of him supporting terrorism as the Candian officials have mentioned.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
He wasn't a terrorist. He didn't belong to any terrorist groups and he didn't associate with known terrorists. He was a mentally ill man. Alex Jones has been spouting mentally ill bullshit for years, should he be locked up for that?
The article says he was known to police for advocating terrorism. He also was mentally ill. So yes he should have been locked up somewhere, maybe an insane aslyum or something. Probably would of save the lives of the two innocent people he killed. But who cares about his wife and daughter, its more important that this guy who was known as an Islamic radical be able to roam the streets so he can kill.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
If he had been to a mental state hospital, it is possible that he could have discharge while doctors believe he was fine to leave. And ISIS could claim any attack they want even if they did not knew the person,. They have done with the Vegas shooting after all. And the attack in Toronto and there was so no sign of him supporting terrorism as the Candian officials have mentioned.
I agree about the ISIS thing, they will jump on most attacks. Even if there wasn't a direct ISIS connection, this guy was known as an Islamic radical (its in the article he was known to advocate terrorism) and allegedly shouted Allah Akbar. The thing is his terror was directed at his wife and daughter. I hope that the story isn't down played because only 2 Muslims were killed instead of him killing a bunch of Parisians. If he wasn't doing it for ISIS there was a clear Islamic extremist bent to this. Hind sight is 20/20 but if this guy was off the streets a young woman and her daughter would be alive today.

Snoopycat

Banned
Mar 26, 2017
The article says he was known to police for advocating terrorism. He also was mentally ill. So yes he should have been locked up somewhere, maybe an insane aslyum or something. Probably would of save the lives of the two innocent people he killed. But who cares about his wife and daughter, its more important that this guy who was known as an Islamic radical be able to roam the streets so he can kill.
Do you think it's possible that maybe, just maybe the police investigated him and decided he was harmless in terms of terrorism? Is that a possibility? Maybe the security services heard about this guy, did a bit of surveilance and decided he wasn't a terrorist threat so they didn't arrest him? There are tens of thousands mentally ill people who "roam the streets." Do we lock all of them up as well in case one of them goes all wonky in the head and decides to kill someone? There are thousands of KKK supporters should we round them up now? They are a terrorist organisation after all

Corderlain

Jun 12, 2018
Crazy that all these deaths are being caused by people known to police organizations that never seem to prevent it.

Snoopycat

Banned
Mar 26, 2017
Crazy that all these deaths are being caused by people known to police organizations that never seem to prevent it.
We have absolutely no idea how many terrorist activities have been stopped by security organizations. I'd wager they have prevented more than we'll ever hear about.

Corderlain

Jun 12, 2018
Good thing the dnc is protecting us from foreign hackers then they would definitely be experts in who's hacking there servers.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Do you think it's possible that maybe, just maybe the police investigated him and decided he was harmless in terms of terrorism? Is that a possibility? Maybe the security services heard about this guy, did a bit of surveilance and decided he wasn't a terrorist threat so they didn't arrest him? There are tens of thousands mentally ill people who "roam the streets." Do we lock all of them up as well in case one of them goes all wonky in the head and decides to kill someone? There are thousands of KKK supporters should we round them up now? They are a terrorist organisation after all
So what you are saying is that the police failed as did the security services. So are you celebrating their failures and the death of his wife and daughter or what? If this guy wasn't roaming the streets those 2 would be alive today. They knew he made threats, he apparently had a mental illness or psychiatric problems, but hey the police screwed up so its all good.

And stop deflecting onto the KKK or Alex Jones or whoever. Go make a thread about them if you want. This is about this guy who was a known advocate for terrorism and that was allegedly mentally ill that killed his own wife and daughter. I ain't shedding any tears for him or the cops that screwed up, but I have plenty for the two dead women who died at his hands.

And round up the KKK I don't give 2 craps about them since if they knew me they would want me dead too. KKK and Islamic terrorist both would love to kill me so I have no love for either of those groups and could care less if all their members decided to commit mass seppuku.

Snoopycat

Banned
Mar 26, 2017
So what you are saying is that the police failed as did the security services. So are you celebrating their failures and the death of his wife and daughter or what? If this guy wasn't roaming the streets those 2 would be alive today. They knew he made threats, he apparently had a mental illness or psychiatric problems, but hey the police screwed up so its all good.

And stop deflecting onto the KKK or Alex Jones or whoever. Go make a thread about them if you want. This is about this guy who was a known advocate for terrorism and that was allegedly mentally ill that killed his own wife and daughter. I ain't shedding any tears for him or the cops that screwed up, but I have plenty for the two dead women who died at his hands.

And round up the KKK I don't give 2 craps about them since if they knew me they would want me dead too. KKK and Islamic terrorist both would love to kill me so I have no love for either of those groups and could care less if all their members decided to commit mass seppuku.
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. That's a ridiculous assertion which has nothing to do with what I posted. It's also totally offensive to suggest I'm celebrating their failures and the death of 2 people so I'll be reporting your post for that.

I don't know if you're able to understand the difference between movies and reality, but in the real world the police do not have psychic powers. Neither do they go around locking people up for being mentally ill.

Nov 13, 2016
Killed by your own son/brother... They must have felt so betrayed. RIP to the victims.

Edit: just read that there was a third victim as well, hope they recover soon.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2011
Seeing as you brought the name Alex Jones up, and I confess to being quite ignorant of the guy aside from memes about gay frogs, could you educate me on how many people Alex Jones has fatally stabbed?

Snoopycat

Banned
Mar 26, 2017
Seeing as you brought the name Alex Jones up, and I confess to being quite ignorant of the guy aside from memes about gay frogs, could you educate me on how many people Alex Jones has fatally stabbed?
The point was not how many people he'd stabbed but how many people had been influenced by his mad man rantings and should he be locked up for them. If you have any difficulty in understanding this very simple concept just ask, always happy to help.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Aug 3, 2010
In a cave outside of Whooville.
That's really awful. Why didn't the cops shoot the knife out of his hand or use tranq darts though? God, those French cops are so trigger happy and blood thirsty!
/s

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2011
The point was not how many people he'd stabbed but how many people had been influenced by his mad man rantings and should he be locked up for them. If you have any difficulty in understanding this very simple concept just ask, always happy to help.
So, of ranting like a mad man and fatally stabbing people, fatally stabbing people is the lesser evil.

Got it.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. That's a ridiculous assertion which has nothing to do with what I posted. It's also totally offensive to suggest I'm celebrating their failures and the death of 2 people so I'll be reporting your post for that.

I don't know if you're able to understand the difference between movies and reality, but in the real world the police do not have psychic powers. Neither do they go around locking people up for being mentally ill.
No, what you did was downplay this guy's crime, and instead cried about Alex Jones, and made a silly "Fire in a crowded room" reference, which by the way, isn't illegal. Not unlike, y'know the murder this guy committed.,

Snoopycat

Banned
Mar 26, 2017
No, what you did was downplay this guy's crime, and instead cried about Alex Jones, and made a silly "Fire in a crowded room" reference, which by the way, isn't illegal. Not unlike, y'know the murder this guy committed.,
I didn't downplay his crime. Point out where I did that. I didn't "cry" about Alex Jones either. I didn't say anything at all about a fire in a crowded room. Point out where I did. I don't know if you have trouble understanding words and concepts, but maybe what you should do is find an adult and ask them to read the posts out to you and then ask them what those posts mean, then ask them to help you form a cogent reply to what's actually been posted. Do you think that might help you son?

Last edited:

TheShadowLord

Jan 7, 2018
That's really awful. Why didn't the cops shoot the knife out of his hand or use tranq darts though? God, those French cops are so trigger happy and blood thirsty!
/s
Maybe France wouldn't have fallen to the Nazi's if they really were.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
As a support worker who's also studying psychology, these kinds of incidents always horrify me. Questions need to be asked about why and how the services let down this vulnerable individual.
I wouldn't mind more info on his mental illness. Was he ever really diagnosed or seen a doctor? Or is mental illness just a cover.

France also had to have a Judge overturn the police because they didn't want to claissfy the murder of Sarah Haimil.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
I didn't downplay his crime. Point out where I did that. I didn't "cry" about Alex Jones either. I didn't say anything at all about a fire in a crowded room. Point out where I did. I don't know if you have trouble understanding words and concepts, but maybe what you should do is find an adult and ask them to read the posts out to you and then ask them what those posts mean, then ask them to help you form a cogent reply to what's actually been posted. Do you think that might help you son?
When you compared his murders to a fucking radio host, you fool. In your first post in this thread. Your comparison is ridiculous and to imply that somehow one is as equally dangerous and "mentally ill" as the other is the height of stupidity

Snoopycat

Banned
Mar 26, 2017
When you compared his murders to a fucking radio host, you fool. In your first post in this thread. Your comparison is ridiculous and to imply that somehow one is as equally dangerous and "mentally ill" as the other is the height of stupidity
I didn't compare his murders to a radio host. I wrote four sentences in my first post. They're very short and I would imagine anyone with even the most basic education would be able to understand them, but apparently you're having a seriously hard time. I don't know whether that's intentional or you've just waded too far out from the shallow end of the pool, but as I've suggested, it would be better for everyone if you go find an adult and ask them to do the heavy lifting for you.

TheGreatYosh

Jul 19, 2018

Paris be like
Paris, and France as a whole is in it's death throes, sadly.

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
At least police shot him dead, so he'll never hurt anybody again and no public money will be wasted on him.

It says right there in the article Police knew him to advocate for terrorism. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised by anything you have to say anymore; I mean once you go on record as supporting ISIS fighters, you really can't go any lower.

Last edited:

Snoopycat

Banned
Mar 26, 2017
At least police shot him dead, so he'll never hurt anybody again and no public money will be wasted on him.

It says right there in the article Police knew him to advocate for terrorism. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised by anything you have to say anymore; I mean once you go on record as supporting ISIS fighters, you really can't go any lower.

I'm not surprised by your blatant dishonesty and pathetic trolling. I have never supported ISIS and I've never been "on record as supporting them either." Please show everybody where I did. Go on. We'll wait.

Last edited:

Snoopycat

Banned
Mar 26, 2017
Are you not an adult?

So, can we try this question and answer thing a third time? :

Please can you tell me how many people Alex Jones has fatally stabbed.
I am an adult. I have explained to you that if you can't understand the reference to Alex Jones then you need to find somebody who can to help you. (I'll give you a clue. It's nothing to do with stabbing.)

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
I'm not surprised by your blatant dishonesty and pathetic trolling. I have never supported ISIS and I've never been "on record as supporting them either." Please show everybody where I did. Go on. We'll wait.
In another thread where I said:
In the UK they even let people that fought for ISIS stay and give them benefits payed for by taxpayers.
you answered:
You mean the British citizens who went over to fight for ISIS then returned and claimed benefits they were legally entitled to because they were British citizens?
If that's not openly showing support for ISIS fighters, I don't know what is.

Snoopycat

Banned
Mar 26, 2017
In another thread where I said:

you answered:

If that's not openly showing support for ISIS fighters, I don't know what is.
Explaining the reality of the situation to you is not "openly supporting ISIS fighters." It is merely pointing that you are ignorant and don't know what your talking about, which is no surprise to anyone.

Dec 15, 2011
I am an adult. I have explained to you that if you can't understand the reference to Alex Jones then you need to find somebody who can to help you. (I'll give you a clue. It's nothing to do with stabbing.)
Strike three, you're out.

So you're an adult, but you just refuse to answer simple questions that don't support your practice of drive-by sniping with disingenuous references that you've been called out for numerous times before.

Not a very adult mentality, but thanks for the clarification and the demonstration. No further demonstrations are necessary.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
Explaining the reality of the situation to you is not "openly supporting ISIS fighters." It is merely pointing that you are ignorant and don't know what your talking about, which is no surprise to anyone.
You used the word "entitled" which means you believe they should get those benefits instead of facing consequences for their actions it's as simple as that. The UK aren't required to give benefits to people they deem unfit. The UK also has the right to strip people of their citizenship if they commit a serious offense such as fighting for another country or entity, especially if that country or entity is an enemy of the UK. The UK can also throw people in prison for such offenses or send them back to Iraq to face justice for their crimes there. Yet you didn't say any of that, you didn't even say that you didn't support the policy, you just said "yeah well, they're entitled to it". You clearly support them as far as I'm concerned and same goes for AfricanKing who liked your comment.

TBiddy

Mar 16, 2015
Denmark
If it's any consolation, I support you. It's not that hard to understand the Alex Jones analogy.

Also - saying someone is "legally entitled to benefits" is hardly the same as "openly supporting ISIS fighters". I get that the "new Neogaf" has taken a turn right after the exodus (and thank god for that), but there's 'right' and there's 'crazy talk'.

Last edited:

Snoopycat

Banned
Mar 26, 2017
Strike three, you're out.

So you're an adult, but you just refuse to answer simple questions that don't support your practice of drive-by sniping with disingenuous references that you've been called out for numerous times before.

Not a very adult mentality, but thanks for the clarification and the demonstration. No further demonstrations are necessary.
Uh huh. So I've clearly told you what the reference is. The reference is obvious to anyone with a working brain. Your response to this obvious reference has been too disingenuously and repeatedly ask about Jones stabbing people. I'm sure in your head your being very clever and really showing everyone how smart you are. The problem is that what you've actually done is highlight that you are unable to take part in a discussion or reply to the points made with any level of honesty or integrity. Now your scurrying off. No doubt imagining that you've really showed me up, but all you've done is show that your dishonest and unable to handle an adult conversation about this story.

So yes, No further demonstrations from you are needed.

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
If it's any consolation, I support you. It's not that hard to understand the Alex Jones analogy.

Also - saying someone is "legally entitled to benefits" is hardly the same as "openly supporting ISIS fighters". I get that the "new Neogaf" has taken a turn right after the exodus (and thank god for that), but there's 'right' and there's 'crazy talk'.
There is no law that requires the UK to give benefits to anybody. All benefits must be applied for and are only given if your application is approved. And even if you're approved, the UK can still take the benefits away at any time if they believed you lied, committed serious crimes, etc... Also I'm not on the right and I didn't know that hating ISIS was something only the right does apparently.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2011
You didn't answer my simple, polite and direct question 3 times, instead you made snarky comments. You're pulling in a disingenuous reference and have derailed the topic to suit an agenda, you have admitted that your reference has nothing to do with stabbing, which really begs the question why you felt the need to bring it up. You have been evasive and dishonest.

You have been called out for this behaviour before, by moderators.
If your goal is to be disruptive and dishonest, you are succeeding. Lashing out at those that challenge your methods isn't disproving their claims, it is doing the opposite.

You, sir, are no adult.

My point has been made to my satisfaction. I'll not engage on it any further.

Last edited:

Snoopycat

Banned
Mar 26, 2017
You used the word "entitled" which means you believe they should get those benefits instead of facing consequences for their actions it's as simple as that. The UK aren't required to give benefits to people they deem unfit. The UK also has the right to strip people of their citizenship if they commit a serious offense such as fighting for another country or entity, especially if that country or entity is an enemy of the UK. The UK can also throw people in prison for such offenses or send them back to Iraq to face justice for their crimes there. Yet you didn't say any of that, you didn't even say that you didn't support the policy, you just said "yeah well, they're entitled to it". You clearly support them as far as I'm concerned and same goes for AfricanKing who liked your comment.

I used the word "entitled" because legally a British citizen would be entitled to claiming benefits whether they had fought for ISIS or not. I pointed this out to you because again and as usual you had no idea what you were frothing about.

I didn't say the UK has the right to refuse to pay benefits to these people, strip them off their nationality or put them in prison. You're quite right about that. In fact that's the one point you've actually gotten right. Well done you. The reason I didn't is for the same reason I didn't mention the sky is blue or water is wet. They are evident and obvious and there was no need to mention them. Well, there'd be no need to bring them up in a normal conversation, but my bad, I didn't realize I was dealing with someone who thinks that anyone who uses the word "entitled" to explain a legal situation is an ISIS supporter.

Well, I know better now. Now, before we carry on are there any other words that trigger you? I only ask because if we are to have a conversation I don't want you to have another mental breakdown over imaginary ISIS supporters. How about "reality" or "education," are they OK? Or do they make you feel anxious? I know "refugees" and "immigrants" are a no go area for you. Sorry, I shouldn't have even used those words as examples. Your probably sweating and starting to shake uncontrollably. Take some pills if you need to. Maybe it'd be best if you could just provide a list of "safe" words. You know, ones you understand and don't send you into a raving fit of idiocy and intolerance. Thank you.

Snoopycat

Banned
Mar 26, 2017
You didn't answer my simple, polite and direct question 3 times, instead you made snarky comments. You're pulling in a disingenuous reference and have derailed the topic to suit an agenda, you have admitted that your reference has nothing to do with stabbing, which really begs the question why you felt the need to bring it up. You have been evasive and dishonest.

You have been called out for this behaviour before, by moderators.
If your goal is to be disruptive and dishonest, you are succeeding. Lashing out at those that challenge your methods isn't disproving their claims, it is doing the opposite.

You, sir, are no adult.

My point has been made to my satisfaction. I'll not engage on it any further.
Won't engage any further? You haven't "engaged" at all, and that's the problem. You're just not engaged.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Jun 10, 2004
1) This is obviously terrible and tragic.
2) The Alex Jones reference was obviously in response to why this man was not previously locked up. Alex Jones has 0 committed stabbings, the exact same number as this man prior to this event. It might not be a perfect analogy, but its a reasonable one nonetheless.
3) Generally speaking, acts of terrorism don't involve killing family members. If you want to spin this episode of domestic violence into something to fit your political world view, you're probably better off going after the "honour killing" route. Just a friendly tip for the numb nuts.

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
I used the word "entitled" because legally a British citizen would be entitled to claiming benefits whether they had fought for ISIS or not. I pointed this out to you because again and as usual you had no idea what you were frothing about.

I didn't say the UK has the right to refuse to pay benefits to these people, strip them off their nationality or put them in prison. You're quite right about that. In fact that's the one point you've actually gotten right. Well done you. The reason I didn't is for the same reason I didn't mention the sky is blue or water is wet. They are evident and obvious and there was no need to mention them. Well, there'd be no need to bring them up in a normal conversation, but my bad, I didn't realize I was dealing with someone who thinks that anyone who uses the word "entitled" to explain a legal situation is an ISIS supporter.

Well, I know better now. Now, before we carry on are there any other words that trigger you? I only ask because if we are to have a conversation I don't want you to have another mental breakdown over imaginary ISIS supporters. How about "reality" or "education," are they OK? Or do they make you feel anxious? I know "refugees" and "immigrants" are a no go area for you. Sorry, I shouldn't have even used those words as examples. Your probably sweating and starting to shake uncontrollably. Take some pills if you need to. Maybe it'd be best if you could just provide a list of "safe" words. You know, ones you understand and don't send you into a raving fit of idiocy and intolerance. Thank you.
You can post nonsensical tirades all you want, it doesn't change the fact that any person that was in agreement with me that the policy is a bad one would have phrased their response as such. Something like: "It's a terrible policy but they're UK citizens, so it's not that simple" whereas you specifically phrased your answer to be in opposition of my statement, like you were making a counter-argument to what I was saying instead of agreeing with me. If you are countering somebody who is speaking against ISIS, it stands to reason that you support ISIS.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Jun 10, 2004
You can post nonsensical tirades all you want, it doesn't change the fact that any person that was in agreement with me that the policy is a bad one would have phrased their response as such. Something like: "It's a terrible policy but they're UK citizens, so it's not that simple" whereas you specifically phrased your answer to be in opposition of my statement, like you were making a counter-argument to what I was saying instead of agreeing with me. If you are countering somebody who is speaking against ISIS, it stands to reason that you support ISIS.
He's already explained he doesn't support ISIS. What more clarity do you want?

Snoopycat

Banned
Mar 26, 2017
Son, I got to ask you this. Now, don't take offence, I'm genuinely curious, but do you wear safety glasses and water wings when you eat soup?