Man with psychiatric problems stabs mother and sister in Paris (just don't say its related to you know what)

Snoopycat

Banned
Mar 26, 2017
You're wasting your time bud. Walk away whilst you still have your sanity.
Yeah, I need to stop looking at the OT. I read the things some people post and I can't help myself, I got to drag them out into the deep just to see how long it take them to realize they're just fat seals in a sea full of sharks. Hopefully they will move all political "debate" off to it's own little section soon.

BANGS

Banned
Dec 13, 2016
Because talking about conspiracies theories isn't comparable to that scenario? I can understand why (falsely) yelling fire in a crowded theatre is illegal - you are potentially putting people at risk, they will not take time to consider whether your statement is correct, they'd likely assume it's true, prioritize their life, and head for the exits in a mad rush.
I don't see how this is a thing. If somebody yells "fire", you do what we've been trained to do since kindergarten and exit the building in an orderly fashion. Anybody who runs over people on the way out is the problem, not the guy who yelled "fire". I could see there being a panic if there really was a fire and it was literally burning on top of them, but nobody should be "at risk" for basically being told to exit a building...

Nymphae

Jun 3, 2013
Canada
I don't see how this is a thing. If somebody yells "fire", you do what we've been trained to do since kindergarten and exit the building in an orderly fashion. Anybody who runs over people on the way out is the problem, not the guy who yelled "fire". I could see there being a panic if there really was a fire and it was literally burning on top of them, but nobody should be "at risk" for basically being told to exit a building...
That's not the hypothetical though, calmly informing the theatre goers that there is a fire - it's yelling fire in a crowded area. That will more often than not cause panic, and not orderly lines I'm guessing. The idea, I think, is that there is a pretty reasonable chance someone will be hurt or put in harms way as a result of this lie, and that's why it's restricted speech. But ultimately, I agree with you. It's the mobs fault for reacting the way they do obviously, but there is more of a rationale for them behaving that way, a reasonable person wants to defend their life.

Last edited: