• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manaphy downloads, this saturday at toys r us

monkey79

From toysrus.com:

M3wThr33

Banned
Yeah. I was there last time to get Mew for the GBA games.

It says noon, but GET THERE EARLY. Like 2 hours early. I'm dead serious. (At least the Bellevue, WA store had a huge line)

This needs Mystery Gift to be unlocked on your game. (Pearl or Diamond)

Go to the 3rd floor of the Jubilife TV station and talk to the guy near the bottom of the screen on the left. Use the words:
Everyone Happy
then
Wifi Connection

Save and quit and you'll see it. Then you're set.

The only other way to get Manaphy is by playing Pokemon Ranger and nearly beating the game. At one point you get an egg which you transfer over to Pearl/Diamond.

Pale

I waited forever for Mew too, but this shouldn't be that bad because it's wireless. Everyone should be able to walk in and get it without lining up.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Pale said:
I waited forever for Mew too, but this shouldn't be that bad because it's wireless. Everyone should be able to walk in and get it without lining up.

If you did the Animal Crossing download for new items at TRU, you know it's not bad at all. You go to the area, find the connection point and it's pretty seamless. This isn't going to be a repeat of Mew.

Taichu

That Mew event was pretty awful.

I mean, the trading setup was horrible for everyone involved. Kids came in playing the GBA games on the DS, and the clerks tried to trade with them using the Fire Red/Leaf Green wifi adaptor with the DS wifi. Neither side really knew what they were supposed to be doing. If this is a download thing, it might be better.

Edit: Are we sure this is a download thing?

Taichu

BTW, Nintendo revealed how to unlock Electivire from Pokemon Battle Revolution a few days ago. I'm not sure if that ever reached a Pokemon thread here on GAF.

Ravidrath

Headed over tomorrow for this - may as well use the thing to get $5 off of Diamond, since I only have Pearl, and then get a second Manaphy. :p

Pharmacy

Banned
Not trolling here or anything, but aren't you guys like 18 - 30?

everyone else going will be like 10 year old kids

just think about it

Ravidrath

Pharmacy said:

just think about it

I'd say that's trolling - if you have to say you're not doing something, chances are you are. :p

But, yeah, I'm aware, and apparently secure enough to not worry about opening a DS in a store that has kids in it.

I did stand in line at the Mew event last year. That was a bit worse, but I was behind some college kids and just talked games with them. The clerk was a Pokemon fan, and I didn't get any weird looks from parents, etc. that I saw.

::shrug::

Pharmacy said:

just think about it

Are you serious with this?

OT: I've never done one of these download things before, heck I've never even taken my DS online before. :p Hopefully I don't mess it up. Thanks for letting us know!

neptunes

Pharmacy said:

just think about it
I was wondering this myself, some of the older people might look pedo'ish

but it's wireless, so you dont have to congegrate in one area of the store, unlike the GBA offer

Koomaster

Ooo, exciting. Too bad they won't have Phantom Hourglass there to get $5 off of, that would be perfect, killing two birds with one stone!

Awesome tho!

TJ Spyke

I mentioned this in the official Pokemon thread earlier this week, but I guess more people will see it this way.

I already have a Manaphy, but I will get this anyways. Some of the details from Nintendo:
http://pokemon-games.com/portal/_img/news_manaphyposter.jpg

*This particular Manaphy can not be uploaded to the GTS (so people will have to go to TRU to get it)
*It's Lv. 50
*Come in a Cherish Ball and holding the Red Scarf item
*Has the following move set: Heart Swap (which it normally doesn't learn until Lv. 75), Water Pulse, Whirlpool, Acid Armor

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
lol what the heck? Aren't these games online now? Why is Nintendo still making people go out of their way to get POKéMON -_-?? That said at least you don't have to stand in line anymore for hours on end to do this... but still!

M3wThr33

Banned
I remember the crew I took to get all the items for Animal Crossing. We just huddled down in a corner and kept going. Seeing what duplicates we got, then going again, probably spending at least an hour.

I mean, if you're really scared about going in a toy store, you could do it without getting out of your car if the range is ok.

kamikaze

Pharmacy said:

just think about it

oh good point. now i won't go...i wouldn't want people to think i'm a loser or a pedo or something!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Lindsay said:
lol what the heck? Aren't these games online now? Why is Nintendo still making people go out of their way to get POKéMON -_-??
It's a PR stunt for both Nintendo and Toys R Us. TRU gains the benefit of a million kids swamping the store with their parents and demanding a piece of software to be bought whilst still grabbing that rare Pokemon hence the "$5 off any DS game title with your download!" where Nintendo wins via more DS purchases. Surely you would know that.

Narag

Grabbed mine today. Totally painless and took under a minute. No weird stares either which was a plus. :lol

Oneself

Pharmacy said:

just think about it

Yeah I came here not knowing what "Manaphy" is... and thought of the same thing reading the OP and replies.:lol

But you know, they don't have to care about what other people might think of them if they enjoy it. Or they could come up with something like : " well, I'm here for my kids... they're at school so it's kinda like a little surprise for them" and suddenly have chances to score with MILFs in the store.

Just kidding guys, Pokemon won't get you laid.

Firestorm

perfectchaos007 said:
Why can't the events be at EB/Gamestops?

I have like 10 of those in my area, but the nearest TRU is 70 miles away.

Nintendo has never done an event in Canada so don't feel bad. I want a tournament dammit =[ I don't really care about event Pokemon too much, but a tournament would be awesome. Like Journey Across America (USA) or Nintendo Connection Tour (Australia).

Kariido

Banned
M3wThr33 said:
Yeah. I was there last time to get Mew for the GBA games.

It says noon, but GET THERE EARLY. Like 2 hours early. I'm dead serious. (At least the Bellevue, WA store had a huge line)

This needs Mystery Gift to be unlocked on your game. (Pearl or Diamond)

Go to the 3rd floor of the Jubilife TV station and talk to the guy near the bottom of the screen on the left. Use the words:
Everyone Happy
then
Wifi Connection

Save and quit and you'll see it. Then you're set.

The only other way to get Manaphy is by playing Pokemon Ranger and nearly beating the game. At one point you get an egg which you transfer over to Pearl/Diamond.

I also go to the Toys R Us in Bellevue.

Koomaster

Just got back from picking mine up. It was really easy, I was able to download right from the DS games aisle while browsing.

Manaphy also came with a Classic Ribbon which isn't mentioned on the poster! :D

Ravidrath

Well, that was easy.

Just got mine - in and out in 5 minutes with four downloads. Only reason it took that long was because I was seeing if there was anything I wanted to get for $5 off, too.

DL'ed one of them to a Flash Cart I borrowed from a friend, for easy duping in the future.

Xisiqomelir

Ravidrath said:
DL'ed one of them to a Flash Cart I borrowed from a friend, for easy duping in the future.

I couldn't make it today, so I'm interested in any clones you might be handing out. :D

Ravidrath

Xisiqomelir said:
I couldn't make it today, so I'm interested in any clones you might be handing out. :D

We'll see - it's not my cart, and I don't have a way to interface with the Micro SD card that runs it, either, so that would probably hinge on me buying those things.

Top Bottom