• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mandalorian Season 2 Trailer

ManaByte

Gold Member
giphy.gif

carlosrox

Banned
Still have to finish the first season. But...

I was so hyped going into this show and was massively disappointed by the first and second episodes when I realized it wasn't as good as I had dreamed. I think I made it to the 5th episode and it was getting a bit better, the show has some good moments, but it just really wasn't at the quality I was expecting, and I was expecting Dark Crystal quality. Now THAT is an amazing show, and I was fully expecting Mandalorian to reach that level but it didn't come close.

The show also has this washed out look and D+ appears to be full of shit claiming anything on there is 4k cuz it all looks like ass.

I mean to finish the show but I'm not super compelled to either.

From what I've seen the show is okay, but still a big disappointment considering what I was expecting.

I think this show is crazy overrated. Dark Crystal is better in about every single way. That show spoiled me and basically took this show's thunder.

Last edited:
Reactions: eot

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Reuse recycle hit the nostalgia button over and over we still in the damn cantina 40 years later

wake me up when they announce the Amanaman mini series

Last edited:

lifa-cobex

Ironically I don't want to see more Star Wars stuff in Mandalorian. I.e Jedi and x-wings.

Hopefully it will still be good though.

GreyHorace

I was so hyped going into this show and was massively disappointed by the first and second episodes when I realized it wasn't as good as I had dreamed. I think I made it to the 5th episode and it was getting a bit better, the show has some good moments, but it just really wasn't at the quality I was expecting, and I was expecting Dark Crystal quality. Now THAT is an amazing show, and I was fully expecting Mandalorian to reach that level but it didn't come close.

The show also has this washed out look and D+ appears to be full of shit claiming anything on there is 4k cuz it all looks like ass.

From what I've seen the show is okay, but still a big disappointment considering what I was expecting.

I think this show is crazy overrated. Dark Crystal is better in about every single way. That show spoiled me and basically took this show's thunder.

Watch episode 3 and see if your opinion changes. That episode is when the show really comes into it's own.

oagboghi2

Weird thread to talk about Dark Crystal

Ememee

I loved the first season. Just loved it. Where the ST bummed me out, Mandalorian season 1 gave me life.

Looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL and fun and all that..but I am sketch about them throwing in more Jedi’s and force and blah blah blah..cause that’s where shit starts to go astray with SW these days. But eh..I’m hyped.

It is hella weird to see Sasha Banks in Star Wars. Hell of a fandom crossover for me.

eot

Banned
this show any good?
It's not bad, nicely shot and has good live action sets, but it's also kinda forgettable and didn't really establish any interesting characters in its first season. Compared to the recent movies though it's great, so if you just want to like Star Wars again then it's the cure. Outside of that context I think it's okay at best.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Excited for it but wont be getting it through Disney+ because fuck Disney, not available in my country and prime video and netflix is more than enough stuff to pay for already. ☠

isual

meh. i'll wait when all the episodes are out and just watch it in one go. i don't think disney plus is worth its cost.

JimiNutz

Banned
Looks solid like the first season.
The animated Star Wars shows got better as the seasons went on so if this show follows that trend it should be really awesome by seasons 3 and 4.

Cleared_Hot

I started it a bit underwhelmed but by the end of the season you'll be satisfied. It's refreshing and it captures the spirit of the original in a way the prequels and sequels never could. This is due to it being based on the same genres as the original: samurai/western, and fantasy/sci-fi.

Venuspower

That isn't Ashoka. Apparently it's Sabine, whoever that is?

This is not confirmed.
People are speculating that Sasha Banks plays Sabine Wren because both
always have a different haircolor.

But people are missing that Sabine always had an asian-like appeareance.
Which is why I would not be surprised if Sasha Banks plays a completly new character.

Last edited:

EruditeHobo

This is where episode 3 of the first season should have gone. Will be nice to see this level of investment in the SW universe coupled with actual story direction this time around. I'm still not sold on their digital box location... it's pretty tech, but it feels overly confined with live action. There's no proper scope, not even the fake scope of the prequels which at least had large sets with lots of green screen/digital work.

That all said, I'll watch. Hopefully it's better than the 1st season, which as far as I'm concerned is one of the most overrated things in recent pop culture.

Last edited:

Ionian

This is not confirmed.
People are speculating that Sasha Banks plays Sabine Wren because both
always have a different haircolor.

But people are missing that Sabine always had an asian-like appeareance.
Which is why I would not be surprised if Sasha Banks plays a completly new character.

Oh i'm just going off what other nerds are saying and she was the same hair colour in the WWE or some shit.

I never watched Rebels apart from clips as it really seemed aimed at a newer younger audience compared to the Clone Wars.

EDIT: Bet you a squillion that ain't Ahsoka though.

Last edited:

Venuspower

Oh i'm just going off what other nerds are saying and she was the same hair colour in the WWE or some shit.

I never watched Rebels apart from clips as it really seemed aimed at a newer younger audience compared to the Clone Wars.

EDIT: Bet you a squillion that ain't Ahsoka though.

Yea. To be fair.... I myself also believe that Sasha Banks plays Sabine :D
Even though I am aware that Sabine should look a bit more asian.
But Sasha Banks could do it. Which might also explain why we only saw her face.
If we had seen her hair and armor, we would have recognized Sabine immediately.
But who knows. It could also be some former inquisitor.

BTW: I highly recommend Rebels. Yes, it might look a bit childish. Yes, the first
season is not that great. But it gets really good as soon as Rex, Vader, Maul and others enter the
field. Oh, and let's not forget Chopper.

Last edited:
Top Bottom