• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Maneater - Official Game Announcement Trailer.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Maneater is an open world single player Action RPG, developed by Blindside Studios, which is led by Alex Quick, developer of Depth and original Killing Floor mod creator, who also collaborated with Tripwire on Killing Floor 1 and 2. Set in the unforgiving waters of the southern US Gulf Coast, players will fight to survive in rivers and streams as well as the open ocean, with danger lurking at every depth. Their only tools are their wits, their jaws, and an uncanny ability to evolve as they feed. Anything and everything is on the menu... kill or be killed. In this tale of revenge, players can take on the role of an ever-evolving shark and terrorize the coastal waterways, tearing swimmers and divers limb from limb, giving the humans a reason to fear what lies below. Immersed in a living, breathing world full of threats and rewards, players will have a vast world to explore sunken wrecks, lurk in swamps, or cruise the open ocean looking for their next unsuspecting meal. As your shark evolves customize your maneater to fit YOUR play style. Eat, Grow, Evolve.

doesn't this game already exist? u play as a shark eating people. its an old game, 10years old
Yeah, it was a licensed game in the "Jaws"-Franchise and it was awesome... this here really looks like a current gen remake and I hope it will be es fun as the original one.
8dc3a14aea48f0fe73dd6f06db0c30db.png

images

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Looks fun in short spurts. Seems repetitive.

Do they have an alternate mode? Shark hunters? Grab a boat, guns and harpoons and chase them down.

Mista

Banned
I don’t understand the concept of not making a new thread but lets post new news in an old ass thread

Woo-Fu

Banned
I don’t understand the concept of not making a new thread but lets post new news in an old ass thread
And yet here you are posting in an old ass thread instead of making a new one. Walk the walk, Mista. :)

Looking forward to this game. Not sure how much time I'll get out of it but hopefully they'll surprise us.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
And yet here you are posting in an old ass thread instead of making a new one. Walk the walk, Mista. :)

Looking forward to this game. Not sure how much time I'll get out of it but hopefully they'll surprise us.
What? This is irrelevant. I didn’t post anything news related. Get your head right :)

Cycom

Banned
I saw the title and immediately thought it was a game about one the demon’s souls bosses. Sorta kidding but sorta not, that’s how invested I’ve become in soulsborne over the years.

Feeling sorry for anyone who has witnessed a shark attack just now :p i dunno it doesn't look like much, i won't devote any resources to it beyond these words~

I really like the premise but the gameplay looks janky as fuck. The camera moves around so fast and the animation is so bad its hard to tell what the fuck is going on.

Also, I watched some gameplay earlier where a player kept turning in a loop to attack a fish that was also turning in a loop that basically lead to a stalemate lol.

Official Launch Trailer

Experience the ultimate power fantasy as the apex predator of the seas - a terrifying SHARK! Maneater is a single player, open world action RPG (ShaRkPG) where YOU are the shark. Devour nutrients to grow and evolve far beyond what nature intended. Become a massive shark, an apex predator of legends, to get revenge on the cruel fisherman that dismembered you. Eat. Explore. Evolve.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Last edited:

obin_gam

... I think the eventual "Man Eater 2 Eat Manlier" will be a better and deeper game. Even if its suppose to be it to some extent I feel this is a bit too arcady, despite having XP and upgrades. I wanted something more character driven (which feels really weird typing about a shark game, but there you have it.......)

Gamernyc78

Banned
My son bought it and loves it. Imo I'd get tired of the meta fast but it has some cool things to it from what I see.

Top Bottom