• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Sloth

Banned
well she did have
crazy combat abilities :p
but yea "strong female" wouldn't be the word to use for her imo and if it looked like that it then it was more of the MC being a
massive whiny dumbass without the hint of a spine
I feel a bit "eh" on the first spoiler.
She may be a brilliant fighter, but I don't think being "strong" in the physical or strategic sense makes a character "strong".
Or maybe I'm full of shit. But I really don't think that's a necessary attribute for a "strong" character. Definitely the most common one though.

I 1000% agree on the second spoiler. I am getting a little angry just thinking it.
I would go with this but its more for the female that is not the lead
Not a fan of Revy(is this the correct spelling of her name?)?

Are there any good battle manga that are FMA/Biscuit Hammer tier of quality? I remember talks about Superior long time ago but I never got around to read it. Is it any good?

I guess I can always start Blade of the Immortal/Vagabond but I'm holding on on those for a bit until I get them all.

Lone Wolf and Cub

I feel a bit "eh" on the first spoiler.
She may be a brilliant fighter, but I don't think being "strong" in the physical or strategic sense makes a character "strong".
Or maybe I'm full of shit. But I really don't think that's a necessary attribute for a "strong" character. Definitely the most common one though.

I 1000% agree on the second spoiler. I am getting a little angry just thinking it.

@ first spoiler response:
I actually agree with you hence the ":p" at the end of that line. If you are to use the word "strong" to describe her it would be more in physical terms (such as strength, combat ability, etc) than mentality imo. Though i think the words "strong female" can have a wide variety of qualifiers

@ second spoiler reponse:
tbf he improved a bit but Yuno would still have the spotlight and everything she does is for him.

Not a fan of Revy(is this the correct spelling of her name?)?

While i think Revy was alright i wasn't refering to her though.

Thanks.

Just as planned.

I look forward to your Mirai Nikki impressions (you better post them here).

El Sloth

Banned
@ first spoiler response:
Though i think the words "strong female" can have a wide variety of qualifiers
True enough.
And I suppose it's still relatively rare to have physically strong female characters.
@ second spoiler reponse:
tbf he improved a bit but Yuno would still have the spotlight and everything she does is for him.
I suppose that depends on what you mean by "improved". As far as I'm concerned he only became shittier as it went on. Peaking in shittiness during the giant smelly turd that is the ending.

I really dislike Mirai Nikki if you can't tell.
While i think Revy was alright i wasn't refering to her though.
The maid?

True enough.
And I suppose it's still relatively rare to have physically strong female characters.

I suppose that depends on what you mean by "improved". As far as I'm concerned he only became shittier as it went on. Peaking in shittiness during the giant smelly turd that is the ending.

I really dislike Mirai Nikki if you can't tell.

improved that he was slightly less whiny :p and yea he basically devolved when he lost her during the ending.

Too bad the dude's sense of fashion remained shit also.

Nah, the Russian gangleader with the huge burn scar on her face, she was pretty boss and her team (who are all skilled enough to start thier own teams) would gladly die for her at a moments notice

gunbo13

All I can say about the last bunch of pages is holy shit.

It would be wise to avoid Love Hina. Negima is better , although I suppose how siginificant that is will vary of course.
Double NOPE!
And lol at you people arguing about character developments in shitty manga
I approve this message.
Hail to the almighty Momo!
I fell no guilt.
Nor should you. Hail to the queen.
Are there any good battle manga that are FMA/Biscuit Hammer tier of quality? I remember talks about Superior long time ago but I never got around to read it. Is it any good?
Superior starts to really drag near the end of the first series. I'm stalled on Superior+.

How about Chrno Crusade, Kurohime, or Pandora Hearts? They all have that original theme/battle thing going on that BH does.

El Sloth

Banned
Nah, the Russian gangleader with the huge burn scar on her face, she was pretty boss and her team (who are all skilled enough to start thier own teams) would gladly die for her at a moments notice

Oh hell yeah. Balalaika is god damn awesome. One of my very favorite female characters.

dumbyugi

Awesome another Biscuit Hammer believer. Are you reading Blue Exorcist and Shingeki no Kyojin? They are also 2 decent running shounen battle manga?

Blue Exorcist is on my to-read list as is Shingeki.

Magi 71
Alibaba is such a fantastic character, and Aladin is finally back. Next chapter should be great.

Biscuit Hammer - ch 65 (END)
:D
It was a very enjoyable story.

Magi 71
It's time to kick some ass !

Onani Master Kurosawa 1
1378872-1376752_1249214_what_the_fuck_am_i_reading_super_super_super.png

survivor

Banned
Mirai Nikki...
It's not nice recommending bad awful rage inducing manga to people when they ask for manga recommendations.

Lone Wolf and Cub
I have never read this for some reason even though it's a classic. I should get around that at one point

Superior starts to really drag near the end of the first series. I'm stalled on Superior+.

How about Chrno Crusade, Kurohime, or Pandora Hearts? They all have that original theme/battle thing going on that BH does.
I think I will go with Pandora hearts out of the three.

Master Kurosawa's Fap Note 5
Part of this manga feels like Foul Bachelor Frog, and part of it makes it look like DN (facial expressions ftw).

I feel like the main focus of the manga will be bullying and not Kurosawa healthy habit

Big One

Banned
I'd respond to all of this, but the problem here is that "facts" are by nature definitive, making this entire essay both stupid and pointless. Congratulations, you have a worse grasp of the English language than the average eighth grader.
So it isn't a definitive truth that one can justify their opinion that something is bad or good? Do you realize how fucking stupid and close-minded this really is? That's just an embarrassing statement and goes against the meaning of what an opinion is supposed to be.

Just because it's a "discussion forum" doesn't mean that everyone has to justify their opinions to you.
That would be fine...if people didn't post trying to justify their opinion, but that isn't the case here. I've already gave my reasons why I think people who don't like One Piece's artstyle are major weeaboos. What's your reason to thinking I'm objectively wrong? Nothing.

Wiseblade

So it isn't a definitive truth that one can justify their opinion that something is bad or good? Do you realize how fucking stupid and close-minded this really is? That's just an embarrassing statement and goes against the meaning of what an opinion is supposed to be.

That would be fine...if people didn't post trying to justify their opinion, but that isn't the case here. I've already gave my reasons why I think people who don't like One Piece's artstyle are major weeaboos. What's your reason to thinking I'm objectively wrong? Nothing.

You realise he's banned, right?

Or is that why you replied, because you know you'll get the final word this time?

Subprime

Anyone know if there is a set schedule for claymore? Read all of them the other week. Didnt realize how slowly this thing moves. The progression in each chapter isnt all that much more than in a random jump comic, despite it being monthly. Atleast in BOTI/Vagabond they actually put a good deal of material into each chapter. welp.

Giant Killing 108/109

Oh man I forgot to check on the updates.

I think the whole nature of where Tokyo Victory's position & what ETU has to lose to be a nice contrast. Victory has barely won any matches & the manager's career is on the line where's ETU went through the same thing earlier on. You get that whole pressure of being part of a high profile club. Also the bit with the entire stadium of Victory fans vs. ETU's fans was hilarious. Tsubaki scoring in the first 8 minutes was great. You could feel the pressure build on Victory.

Azure J

I think you mean Goodnight Takashi
eFGWi.png

Chapter 99 was quite possibly one of the greatest manga chapters ever written.

The last chapter I remember reading,
the good natured apartment manager got tacked because some dumb old bitch escalated something he did into a crime.

How come I didn't see that there were more chapters released afterwards when they all went up around the same time? Also, goddamn this manga is good. I think I'll second your notion about chapter 99.

Lain

Soul eater is a great series. There is nothing wrong with Americans.

I'll have to strongly disagree on both points.

Detonation Island vol 8
dc2205297b8c9eea07f0e26933dd576b9bb565d9.png

Takashi acts even more like a delinquent, even to his mother. He just doesn't give a fuck about the deep problems his family is in, just as he didn't give a fuck about Yuko and dropped her over his stupid jealousy last volume.
Seeing his mom decide to cut it, as I interpret her phone call to her own mother, will maybe be the swift kick in the ass this dumb-fuck needs, but I'm sure he'll still keep fucking his own life and making downright awful decisions going forward.

Solune

Double NOPE!

Sorry gunbro, to be somewhat fair i started off with Negima and tried to go back to Love Hina, boy that was a mistake.

I would look into Kurohime as well survivor. It's pretty solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom