• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
This is the thread to discuss manga and manga related things.... (PART V)

Top 10 current most read manga of this thread
banner8hbs5g.png

top: Beelzebub, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Magi, Medaka Box
bottom: Minamoto-kun Monogatari, Naruto, Nisekoi, One Piece, The World God Only Knows

To get this out of the way, read the rules regarding manga scanlations

duckroll said:
This is the last time I am ever going to say this. I believe I have mentioned this before. Do not ever, ever direct link to illegal piracy shit. This includes manga releases, manga scanlations, sites and apps which provide such access, etc. STOP DOING IT. This thread is for the discussion of manga, not for the exchange and distribution of illegal material. Don't ask, don't tell. Future offenses will result in normal moderation consequences. Do not reply to this message, just move along. If you have a question, PM me.

So to repeat, DO NOT link to any manga scanlations websites or ask where to read manga.

Simple rules to follow so we can discuss our favorite mangas easily:

In bold, put the name of the series. Then you can go ahead and discuss whatever is on your mind without tags, okay? Make sure there is a space between the bolded name of the series and your text. Here's an example:

Hunter X Hunter

It rules and I don't know why!

Okay. Again, another warning. We will discuss all the mangas in one topic with no tags. If you don't want to be spoiled by the chapter as soon as the translation is out, do not come in here. Also, since we are not talking about the anime, you can mention new episodes without tags either since they are always behind or are filler. You should know well enough not to come in here not wanting to be spoiled but bolding the header should help out even more.

Again, no spoiler marks needed, that is the benefit of coming here.

I don't know what manga to read. Can you guys help?

Obviously the best way is to ask in the thread so we can give you recommendations that fit your taste better, but if you don't want to do then there are two excellent threads to check out for a list of good manga

1. If you are a shounenhead and want your manga filled with hot blooded action then read cosmicblizzard's thread of awesome battle manga

2. If you prefer seinen manga or non-mainstream manga then read flawfuls thread of awesome lesser known manga

Previous Threads

1st thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=216788
2nd thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400952
3rd thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421956
4th thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447470

Wall of Shame
WQaWk.jpg

Solune

A simple guideline to ManGAF weekly cycle

- Big 3 release of endless trolling
- Hunter x Hunter release of thank god it's not on hiatus
- Beelzebub release of haha that was hilarious
- Big 3 trolling
- Fairy Tail release of DTL's happiest day of the week
- TWGOK release of hnngghhh
- Bakuman release of why is this manga still not over
- Big 3 trolling
- Silver Spoon release of saving us from the shounen ghetto
- Big 3 spoilers, praise Aizen
- Big 3 release of endless trolling

Yooooo why this cycle so gatlyke. Also feels good not being in the Wall of Shame.

survivor

Banned
how did you determine the top 10 read?

I'm calling you out, Survivor. More people reading TLR than TWGOK?

I wanna see your data, son.
I made a script to scrap the previous thread and tally up the replies to each individual manga

I just went by whatever manga had a nice cover on Amazon.co.jp with the exception of the last two

Beelzebub is that up there? Really?

Alphabetical order.

El Sloth

Banned
I made a script to scrap the previous thread and tally up the replies to each individual manga

I just went by whatever manga had a nice cover on Amazon.co.jp with the exception of the last two
Who paid you to put TLR up there? Haly? Gunbo? Upandaway?

Name names dammit!

I'll pay you double to put Silver Spoon up there instead. (Which I'll argue also has more people reading it than TLR)

Big One

Banned
Bleach/Naruto/Fairy Tail/Bakuman/Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's: Duel Disc Destiny fucking sucks get that shit off the top 10.

/firstpost

Steroyd

How the hell did i still manage to make it on the wall of shame!?

I'm sure I've posted less than other manga threads damnit.

Wiseblade

Since we're in a new thread, I think we should all post what we're currently reading:

One Piece
Magi
Naruto
Fairy Tail (On the verge of dropping)
The World God Only Knows
Silver Spoon
Magico
To-Love Ru Darkness
Shaman King
A Town Where you live
Sankarea
Hunter x Hunter
Hajime no Ippo

KHR 376
After the last chapter should have expected this. Fortunately Mammon is still in and Tsuna. Would have liked to get more of Enma but, well.

Wonder if this means every will be versus Bermuda?

Sophia

New Thread is New.

Also, after reading Bakuman 170 I almost want the creators to troll us now. Almost. >.>;

Since we're in a new thread, I think we should all post what we're currently reading:

ACID TOWN
Ao no Exorcist
Bakuman (behind)
Big Order
Bleach
C cubed
Fairy Tail
Fate/Zero
Flame of Recca
Guilty Crown
Ultimo
Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Loveless (behind)
Lucky Dog 1 Blast
Naruto
No. 6
One Piece
Pokemon Reburst
Psyren
Soul Eater
ST&RS
Tail Star
Tegami Bachi (behind)
Tiger & Bunny
Toriko (behind)
Yugioh 5D's

lmao tlr is top 10? It has begun~

Man I always forget that Air Gear is still going on. It's like boobs, obama, metaphors to flight/wings/feathers etc, crazy attacks powered by nonsense science.

They do draw some pretty fine boobs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom