• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

anime guaranteed

it's also really really bad

you guys might like it.

idol wa xxxx nante shimasen

RNzhG.jpg

nsfw:

http://i.imgur.com/PpVQP.jpg

upandaway

Yamada and the Seven Witches

Yeah alright, yeah. I'm ok with this.

Beelzebub

Himekawa's part looks pretty serious. We still don't know what they're looking for...

Anyway I love that vending machine.

They gotta stop adding monster girls at one point cause I don't see how the guy's house will fit all of them

Mia > Papi > Cerea
He could stop when he brought in all the monsters from the comics. Till then it's full force.

Pimpwerx

FYI...I'm back, bitches. :D Been keeping up on the Big3. I'll post with the new releases next week. My initial reactions after over a year away:

Bleach: zzzZZZzzz...OH SHIT! Here comes the quincy war...zzzZZZzzz. Let me know when the captain vs quincy monster of the week fights start.

Naruto: Edo Tensai ends! Eyehax boredom begins.

One Piece: GODa owns! How formulaic are the other 2 when a formulaic Oda arc remains a breath of fresh of air? Realtalk...Punk Hazard is interesting, but kinda predictable. If not for the character reveals, there'd be no suspense. We know the Strawhats will come out of this intact because we spent so much time with them apart. Still better than the other two.

I'm digging Green Blood 2 chapters in. Hopefully it doesn't go all Wolf Guy on us. PEACE.

flawfuls

Amon: The Darkside of the Devilman

That was decent. I was expecting a prequel to Devilman, but instead this is more of an out of order remake of the second half with a new flashback arc. The art was pretty good, it looks similar to Zetman (and now that I think about it Zetman clearly drew a lot of inspiration from devilman).

Also between this and Devilman Lady the Devilman franchise Kingdom Hearts bad in terms of all this everybody is everybody nonsense.

Articalys

A quick point of interest for people who don't stop by the anime thread: the studio behind the Magi anime is A-1 Pictures, the same studio responsible for Blue Exorcist and Fairy Tail. So it should be in fairly good hands.

On an entirely different note, it seems that Hayate no Gotoku will have an important announcement next week. Could it be...?

Lain

Lindbergh vol 2
a703bfa3fc385b312e94c137275025bbbf7f654d.png

Liked this second volume even more than the first, especially thanks to the way it handled Knit finding out who Shark really is and his twisted personality, the aerial battle first with the Guardian and then with the other flying ship, as well as other stuff.

Some scan group should really get on translating this, because it seems to be a promising and interesting fantasy/adventure story.

Edit:
woah, just read about a bunch of manga that are going to be published here (Italy) soon and it makes me pretty excited.
Some of them are Boku wa Tomodachi (both Manga and Light Novel!), Liar Game, which I've been waiting since some Spanish publisher announced they had the rights for Italy years ago and then never delivered, with translations ready for the first 3 volumes, Manyuu Hikenchou (ninja tits), which I'm going to buy the shit out of, Ran to Haiiro no Sekai, Boku to Majo no Jikan, both of which interest me mostly because of the art style, Hanimero., that has a silly premise, so it has to be good... I hope, Kaoru Mori Collection, which I'll get since I love this author.

Articalys

This probably isn't the best time to mention what happens in the latest Kodomo no Jikan chapter, is it.

Let's just say Kentaro Yabuki somehow snuck into Kaworu Watashiya's studio and managed to draw a page or two before getting kicked out.

El Sloth

Banned
Don't you start with me man. I tried looking into that Aku no Hana business today. I know you're no saint.

The mods should just nuke this thread from distance and get rid of all of us.
Aku no Hana is like watching two bullet trains clad in shit make their way across the country to their final destination on Mount Saint Shitten where thy crash into each other at full speed.

It's different than watching someone piss themselves to orgasm.

Sorta.

survivor

Banned
Edit:
woah, just read about a bunch of manga that are going to be published here (Italy) soon and it makes me pretty excited.
Some of them are Boku wa Tomodachi (both Manga and Light Novel!), Liar Game, which I've been waiting since some Spanish publisher announced they had the rights for Italy years ago and then never delivered, with translations ready for the first 3 volumes, Manyuu Hikenchou (ninja tits), which I'm going to buy the shit out of, Ran to Haiiro no Sekai, Boku to Majo no Jikan, both of which interest me mostly because of the art style, Hanimero., that has a silly premise, so it has to be good... I hope, Kaoru Mori Collection, which I'll get since I love this author.

Does Italy have Durarara or Baccano light novels?

Aku no Hana is like watching two bullet trains clad in shit make their way across the country to their final destination on Mount Saint Shitten where thy crash into each other at full speed.

Sorta.
You are not making a convincing argument on why they are different

upandaway

Sorta.
You guys are into it so I don't wanna be that guy (even if it did sort of put me in a bad mood). Oh well, on to the next manga.

Gou-Dere ch1-2

Hahaha what the hell. I love her serious face moments. This will go well.

Took me a couple of minutes to process "milk noodle" though. I mean, that's just ridiculous.

upandaway

Mel-Kano is always worth any relating activities (I was dying when the Xbox popped up).

That reminds me, I should get to those new chapters.

Oooh, that's an interesting reaction. Mind going into what and why it put you into a bad mood? I'm legitimately interested.
I, uh, well, y'know. I don't really get those kinds of manga, that's all. It's a standard compatibility issue, or something.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
FYI...I'm back, bitches. :D Been keeping up on the Big3. I'll post with the new releases next week. My initial reactions after over a year away:

Bleach: zzzZZZzzz...OH SHIT! Here comes the quincy war...zzzZZZzzz. Let me know when the captain vs quincy monster of the week fights start.

Naruto: Edo Tensai ends! Eyehax boredom begins.

One Piece: GODa owns! How formulaic are the other 2 when a formulaic Oda arc remains a breath of fresh of air? Realtalk...Punk Hazard is interesting, but kinda predictable. If not for the character reveals, there'd be no suspense. We know the Strawhats will come out of this intact because we spent so much time with them apart. Still better than the other two.

I'm digging Green Blood 2 chapters in. Hopefully it doesn't go all Wolf Guy on us. PEACE.

You must be coming off of some kind of seriously epic ban to just be back now.

cntr

Banned
Random One Piece comment

According to one of the SBSes, Sengoku's fruit is a Mythical Zoan; the Human Human Fruit, Model: Daibutsu ("Giant Buddha").

So I guess we might see "zoans" that aren't really animals, like, say, a demon zoan or something? weird stuff

Popstar

Random One Piece comment

According to one of the SBSes, Sengoku's fruit is a Mythical Zoan; the Human Human Fruit, Model: Daibutsu ("Giant Buddha").

So I guess we might see "zoans" that aren't really animals, like, say, a demon zoan or something? weird stuff
If the Human Human fruit has multiple models, what model is Chopper?

El Sloth

Banned
I, uh, well, y'know. I don't really get those kinds of manga, that's all. It's a standard compatibility issue, or something.
The appeal is the same to slowing down to check out a car accident on the highway.

Can't be more specific about what exactly about it turns you off? Sorry if I'm nagging. Just curious!

upandaway

The appeal is the same to slowing down to check out a car accident on the highway.

Can't be more specific about what exactly about it turns you off? Sorry if I'm nagging. Just curious!
I just really don't "get" it. Like, the kid's deal with the book is scary as hell. The girl's showing clear signs and still getting ignored by adults. And everyone's getting fucked up and I don't understand why. At some point I don't get why the manga exists and I just want it to stop existing.

I realize this is pretty negative stuff but you asked so there. I usually just don't say anything if I read something and this happens.

Solune

Edit:
Man Italy getting the goods /jelly

Sorta.

Just sounds like they're different fetishes to me.

Also when you type it out like that just makes it better.

Akito

Hey ManGAF, long time lurker here. I finally gave in and decided to create an GAF account, several months ago that is. Looking forward to my first Wednesdays with you guys.

upandaway

Karate Shoukoushi

As if he didn't already have it bad with the two fights in a row, now his opponent is going for a double KO. He'd have to be better than Takamura to pull this off.

TWGOK

What comes next..?

Now that I think about it, didn't Kanon's goddess tell Keima something really cryptic in the dream? Did that ever show up? I don't think it did in the last arc...

Hey ManGAF, long time lurker here. I finally gave in and decided to create an GAF account, several months ago that is. Looking forward to my first Wednesdays with you guys.
You're not supposed to acknowledge the act of lurking! It's embarrassing. Now I have to think about all those posts you looked at without me knowing.

What do you read?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom