• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ojojojo 18

9hYcpYwl.png

Devious Japanese tongue twisters.

Also doki doki pat on the head~

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Naruto F

Goddamn this is just horrible. Put this stupid shit out of its misery. I simply laughed by the end at how stupid the resolution to all of this was.

Bleach F

Wow this is terrible. These fights are god-awful and I really think Kubo is a tool for actually showing Bach and crew going to The Palace and then cutting away. Or actually teasing Ichigo's new stuff against those 3 fodder dumdums. Just awful.

Kokoro Kimiiro Sakurairo 09

AND now as if all the relationships weren't perfect and adorable and just rightly paired up, the best friends of a pair, pair up too. And of course it's cute as well.

Good people of MangaGAF. I was really excited when I was made aware of the Hunter X Hunter. I immediately visioned everyone losing, filling the topic with avatars from the same comic. It would be funny. The uniformity would show this thread's unity. The fact that it's from a series everybody hate would symbolize... something.

Hence, imagine my disappointment when I found out that the penalty is merely a day per chapter off. That would mean that some would don those Nisekoi avatars for just one day! A mere day! What's the point in that? That change would be missed by most, and would be a great shame.

So hear me, good people in MangaGAF. Change the penalty to a week per chapter off, at least. Prove to everyone that this is a fun, unified community. Make them shout in amusement; "this is really something!"

Good people of MangaGAF. I was really excited when I was made aware of the Hunter X Hunter. I immediately visioned everyone losing, filling the topic with avatars from the same comic. It would be funny. The uniformity would show this thread's unity. The fact that it's from a series everybody hate would symbolize... something.

Hence, imagine my disappointment when I found out that the penalty is merely a day per chapter off. That would mean that some would don those Nisekoi avatars for just one day! A mere day! What's the point in that? That change would be missed by most, and would be a great shame.

So hear me, good people in MangaGAF. Change the penalty to a week per chapter off, at least. Prove to everyone that this is a fun, unified community. Make them shout in amusement; "this is really something!"

*approves*

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Oh no you don't!

im down with making a mockery of anyone dumb enough to bet on togashi

:<

=================================================================
Do you like big girl 7-8
That little fucker already got the whole team.
Clap.gif

scy

godbless

The longer Nisekoi|OT| the better

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I can suffer 3 weeks of personal nisekoi just to further the suffering of everyone else.

_hekk05

Banned
Now... Answer me this question, boy

This Girl of Gold... And this Silver Girl...

Who is the girlfriend you dropped?

by &#36196;&#34915;&#20024;&#27497;&#37070; (Akai Maruborou)

Serialised in Monthly Shounen Magazine

Oh boy. I can see the shenanigans incoming

Antiwhippy

Welp, about to jump onto the nisekoi train again. Think I stopped somewhere around 40?

Didn't actually hate it, just got bored by it. Hope it picks up where I left off!

Antiwhippy

You know, one of the adverse effects of this bet that we didn't consider before is that it could increase the readership of nisekoi.

We are dooming future generations.

upandaway

Haitus X Haitus:

Forgive my rant in advance, but seriously? What's the point of even coming back off hiatus if you're only going to write a handful of chapters and go right back into hiatus again. I know the official explanation is "sickness", but there's not that much sickness in the world. People like Oda have been writing constantly for damn near 20 years with only very minor breaks but Togashi can't even keep a schedule of a few months without getting the sniffles and being unable to work. I truly know the life of a mangaka is crushingly hard, but when you've been on hiatus for nearly 2 years, and then have had multiple breaks when you JUST came back, you've had more than enough break time.

I highly suspect dude is completely burned out and just doesn't want to write the series anymore. If that's the case, I wish he would have just ended the series with Chimera Ant arc, which was the PERFECT time to do so, since Gon finally met his dad and it could have ended semi-satisfying. That would have been preferable to him starting new storyline and charaters which peak interest again, only to hop out again and leave his fans dangling for god knows how long this time.

I usually don't bitch like this, but this has really REALLY been annoying me with Togashi for years now and this just aggravates me even more. Dude creates one of my favorite manga's ever but just doesn't seem to really want to write it anymore, so it burns/bums me out quite a bit with the ridiculous amount of breaks/hiatuses. Guess I'll go back to reading my old volumes again to get my HxH fix.
I'm not sure what you mean when you say a person can't be that sick, or something, or what Oda has to do with it, but Togashi has been writing chapters in a consistent pace ever since 2006 or so. It makes sense that if he returns to serialization, even if he has more chapters to put out from the hiatus buffer, if he gets sick and can't write chapters then he'll take that time off. You can be 500 chapters ahead of what's released, if you need a week off then you need a week off, because no magazine in their right mind will release a chapter when the author is incapable of writing the next chapter (shrinking the buffer). It's also unethical on the magazine's part. I personally think it's a bit unreasonable and a bit silly.

I'd like Togashi to concede Weekly Jump and move to a monthly magazine and put out 20-page chapters every month there, but I don't know how it's fair to say anything else aside from that. Regardless of the magazine he's in, he's keeping up a 12 chapter per year average (on one hand, we're getting long hiatuses, on the other hand we're getting weekly chapters). If he's sick, that's completely reasonable, and I think it's a bit in bad taste to immediately assume that he isn't and that he's a terrible person who wants everyone to suffer.

My uncle has hand arthritis that won't get better and he literally can't write, pen or keyboard, more than a couple hours per day, which also worsens his situation. So I'm really not sure what you mean by your first paragraph.

kasane

One Piece:

Oh God, that was just too awesome. Law+Luffy are the greatest team ever. And that fucking smug look on Law's face right before he chops up Trebol = Priceless. Also, I really feel awful for Bellemy, he gets his ass stomped left and right and now Doflamingo makes him his bitch... dude just can't catch a break.

Haitus X Haitus:

Forgive my rant in advance, but seriously? What's the point of even coming back off hiatus if you're only going to write a handful of chapters and go right back into hiatus again. I know the official explanation is "sickness", but there's not that much sickness in the world. People like Oda have been writing constantly for damn near 20 years with only very minor breaks but Togashi can't even keep a schedule of a few months without getting the sniffles and being unable to work. I truly know the life of a mangaka is crushingly hard, but when you've been on hiatus for nearly 2 years, and then have had multiple breaks when you JUST came back, you've had more than enough break time.

I highly suspect dude is completely burned out and just doesn't want to write the series anymore. If that's the case, I wish he would have just ended the series with Chimera Ant arc, which was the PERFECT time to do so, since Gon finally met his dad and it could have ended semi-satisfying. That would have been preferable to him starting new storyline and charaters which peak interest again, only to hop out again and leave his fans dangling for god knows how long this time.

I usually don't bitch like this, but this has really REALLY been annoying me with Togashi for years now and this just aggravates me even more. Dude creates one of my favorite manga's ever but just doesn't seem to really want to write it anymore, so it burns/bums me out quite a bit with the ridiculous amount of breaks/hiatuses. Guess I'll go back to reading my old volumes again to get my HxH fix.

Yeah no, if hes sick hes sick. Comparing one person to another doesnt make sense since every person has different medical histories and are prone to different illness. It might be true that his hiatuses are just his excuse for not wanting to write but we will never know the exact truth. If hes sick then i do recommend a break. You compared him with Oda but oda is a fucking workaholic and his work habits might bite him someday

Yeah no, if hes sick hes sick. Comparing one person to another doesnt make sense since every person has different medical histories and are prone to different illness. It might be true that his hiatuses are just his excuse for not wanting to write but we will never know the exact truth. If hes sick then i do recommend a break. You compared him with Oda but oda is a fucking workaholic and his work habits might bite him someday

Yeah, people forget that Oda's workrate is insane, and that for one like him, there are countless others who fail because drawing mangas for a living is pretty much hazardous to your health.

There are many interviews, even mangas that deal with how hard the job is. In fact give this one a try.

IXnyn6N.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom