• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

Yes, it's not fair to compare Togashi to other authors with less breaks and make claims as a result. It shows a lack of respect for him as a human being.

However, I would argue that it's fair to call him out for ignoring two great stopping points to continue stringing along his readership. If he's this ill, he should have taken an out when he had the chance, rather than create a ton of new plot threads that eclipse everything that came before.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Yeah no, if hes sick hes sick. Comparing one person to another doesnt make sense since every person has different medical histories and are prone to different illness. It might be true that his hiatuses are just his excuse for not wanting to write but we will never know the exact truth. If hes sick then i do recommend a break. You compared him with Oda but oda is a fucking workaholic and his work habits might bite him someday

Time to post the hiatus chart

1409843384178.png

Either he's been seriously sick since 2006 or he's lazy as fuck.

Lain

Needless volume 16 [END]
SIcb.jpg

There are few words worthy to describe the ending of this epic tale. Some of them are HOLY SHIT THIS WAS SO OVER THE TOP I SAID GODDAMN!
I totally didn't see Yamada getting turned into a complete girl (I approve) coming, nor Gid's betrayal.
The final fight basically devolved into a show of power, long talks and explanations but mostly over the top to the max bullshittery that was so absurdly insane to be the best thing ever. I wanted nothing less from this manga, so shameless about everything, an that shamelessness is exactly why I loved it.

Oh, and the nude with gloves and nude with socks style? Blade is the best, simply the best.

rrvv

So I can have a 3D Marika?

Needless volume 16 [END]
SIcb.jpg

There are few words worthy to describe the ending of this epic tale. Some of them are HOLY SHIT THIS WAS SO OVER THE TOP I SAID GODDAMN!
I totally didn't see Yamada getting turned into a complete girl (I approve) coming, nor Gid's betrayal.
The final fight basically devolved into a show of power, long talks and explanations but mostly over the top to the max bullshittery that was so absurdly insane to be the best thing ever. I wanted nothing less from this manga, so shameless about everything, an that shamelessness is exactly why I loved it.

Oh, and the nude with gloves and nude with socks style? Blade is the best, simply the best.

I thought it pretty smart to fool Arclight with yamada power. I didn't see that one

Zweizer

Banned
Q ch1 by Shihira Tatsuya

While the apocalyptic world with roaming monsters setting isn't particularily original and the "mysterious powerful little girl" trope is played painfully straight, the great art and a rather entertaining protagonist makes the read somewhat enjoyable. I did like the concept of "not looking up" as well, so overall it seems promising.

Claymore 154 Not sure what happened but a lot of darkness that he got paid for. 1 more chapter and the manga will end. It was good up until the final arc.

Zweizer

Banned
Domino Kick ch23

Next time I see a cow I'm trying that line.

u & i ch2

Cliché development and lots of plot points that remind me of World Embryo. I do rather like the analyst at least.

Akito

Claymore
Sorry mama, you were not cool enough.

Jesus this almost reminds me of that terrible original ending in the anime, with the exception that Pris doesn't survive this time (good riddance). I will now watch out for the "Clare loses all of her Yoma power because of that attack, becomes a normal girl again so she can live together and be protected by Raki" ending.

[Fugo]

I don't get why can't Togashi just hire new/more assistants. I'm pretty sure he can afford them. That + moving to monthly 20-page chapters could be reasonable

Usobuko

Banned
The Claymore author cannot draw battle scenes, they are so lifeless and dull. His monster design is pretty decent though. There was one part which I like about the last arc, narrative wise.

Bemused, Dae notes that she had left out little girls from her list, and she realizes she had never eaten one before. That is when Dae reveals to her his theory: that she simply cannot see them. Some time long ago, right before she Awakened into her monstrous form, her human heart must have realized the overwhelming power that would be released upon the world. Thus, she "cursed" her Awakened form to be unable to consume little girls, or in other words, potential future Claymores. Dae believes that her former self had trusted that among the new generation, a warrior would rise strong enough to kill her.

Akito

The Claymore author cannot draw battle scenes, they are so lifeless and dull. His monster design is pretty decent though. There was one part which I like about the last arc, narrative wise.
She sure as hell killed Riful now once but twice despite all that
:(

I agree that there were some neat moments which tidied up loose things from the past, doesn't change the fact that this is still an awful mess of an arc.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nisekoi 1

You know, I finally figured why onodera's hair bothers me. It's like this:

Which is actually a hairstyle I like, but she needs to actually trim her bangs in a way that actually makes sense, because otherwise it just looks messy.

Also the way they draw her undercut makes it look like she tied her hair back, except it's not. It makes no sense!

dramatis

So hear me, good people in MangaGAF. Change the penalty to a week per chapter off, at least. Prove to everyone that this is a fun, unified community. Make them shout in amusement; "this is really something!"
Hey. I don't want duckroll coming in here with machetes because he actually gets around to wondering why those Nisekoi avatars are staying so long.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Oneshot authored by NisiOisiN, illustrated by Jump mangaka

Desire for Reply

Best girl win.

One Morning I wake up a girl

I can see that ending coming from a mile away!

Both of them are enjoyable.I enjoy it.

Talking about workaholic, Nisio definitely count as one. He churn out so many novels and short story in a short time.

Usobuko

Banned
Vito said:

Hiroaki Samura character design was easily identified but I cannot recognize Levi from Oh! Great art. This is coming from someone who read Tenjho Tenge & Air Gear. I think it might be due to his eyes, while fitting, but still kinda threw me off.

Hiroaki Samura's action scenes portrayed a bewitching elegance on violence. Part of that might has to do with him into ero-guro.

What sucks is Togashi's editor made a note a few chapters back that one of the most shocking moments ever was doming up......

Real Account is moving from Bessatsu Shonen to Weekly Shonen Magazine.

Fuck Viz for stopping the releases of Kekkaishi 3 in 1's, Reborn and Gintama....

Quixzlizx

Good people of MangaGAF. I was really excited when I was made aware of the Hunter X Hunter. I immediately visioned everyone losing, filling the topic with avatars from the same comic. It would be funny. The uniformity would show this thread's unity. The fact that it's from a series everybody hate would symbolize... something.

Hence, imagine my disappointment when I found out that the penalty is merely a day per chapter off. That would mean that some would don those Nisekoi avatars for just one day! A mere day! What's the point in that? That change would be missed by most, and would be a great shame.

So hear me, good people in MangaGAF. Change the penalty to a week per chapter off, at least. Prove to everyone that this is a fun, unified community. Make them shout in amusement; "this is really something!"

Co-signed.
I didn't bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom