• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Hayate

AGhXoVr.png

For the record the chapter has nothing to do with... whatever that means!

And that second trap was amazing haha. That was a good one.

mjontrix

Good people of MangaGAF. I was really excited when I was made aware of the Hunter X Hunter. I immediately visioned everyone losing, filling the topic with avatars from the same comic. It would be funny. The uniformity would show this thread's unity. The fact that it's from a series everybody hate would symbolize... something.

Hence, imagine my disappointment when I found out that the penalty is merely a day per chapter off. That would mean that some would don those Nisekoi avatars for just one day! A mere day! What's the point in that? That change would be missed by most, and would be a great shame.

So hear me, good people in MangaGAF. Change the penalty to a week per chapter off, at least. Prove to everyone that this is a fun, unified community. Make them shout in amusement; "this is really something!"

*approves*

I'm glad the fucked up island manga is being translated too.

There's more than one! One already finished with the worst MC ever (not taking the
literal harem route

upandaway

Stretch 25

All this yuri. So much yuri.

I agree with them though, Ran is a pretty crazy find.

FKpkplx.png

See this one is funny because I'm so stiff, I didn't even need to use the other leg. It was already too much just being in the position.

Isn't the Hayate chapter title supposed to be the first ten notes of the main Mario theme?
whoa

Kingdom ch401

I wonder if Wei will be the first kingdom to fall.
Seems like it

The only new generation member there is that strategist... while every other state has multiple

It is either the Wei or as a surprise the Qi state
I could see some combining of states two

The last to states that Qin will face are likely are Chu and finally Zhao... the two states that lead the coalition war... Plus the two states with the most new generation members like Qin

Zweizer

Banned
Seems like it

The only new generation member there is that strategist... while every other state has multiple

The last to states that Qin will face are likely are Chu and finally Zhao... the two states that lead the coalition war... Plus the two states with the most new generation members like Qin

Han doesn't seem to have any noteworthy generals, and is usually considered the weakest state. I can see them focusing on Han first with their bases on Wei territory as foothold. Considering Qi is on the other side of the continent, it seems unlikely that it'll fall any time soon from a logistics pointview alone.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nisekoi 2

Ya know, I kinda forgot about all the premise with gangster stuff. Thought it would be cool if they fully explored it.

LeleSocho

Banned
Mob Psycho 100 67.1

We shounen fight now.

With shoujo eyes!
Mob Psycho 100 - 67.2
Mob weaker when he's 100% than the other times :/

Nukoduke 41
How and when did the eyepatch thing for character even born? It poops.
No i'm serious, what/who was the ancestor of the "eyepatch-type" character?

Toriko

Surprised the bad guys didn't go after the air fruit.
their food reaction was quite lukewarm too

I hope we do get more indepth with the food 'Air' seeing as all the other major foods that Toriko and company consumed had major visible effects on them

I also wonder about it's taste
I can see Neo appearing around 3-4 chapters later

Han doesn't seem to have any noteworthy generals, and is usually considered the weakest state. I can see them focusing on Han first with their bases on Wei territory as foothold. Considering Qi is on the other side of the continent, it seems unlikely that it'll fall any time soon from a logistics pointview alone.

Something is going to happen with Han. I expect that Chu will likely engulf it while Qin and Wei are fighting

Qi has that weird Emperor as their leader.... they love money too so I could see some story twist happening in Qi where they are destroyed and that Qin could do nothing about it since they are so far away

With shoujo eyes!
Mob Psycho 100 - 67.2
Mob weaker when he's 100% than the other times :/
well he is still mentally intact
I guess that is the reason for it

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
their food reaction was quite lukewarm too

I hope we do get more indepth with the food 'Air' seeing as all the other major foods that Toriko and company consumed had major visible effects on them

I also wonder about it's taste
I can see Neo appearing around 3-4 chapters later

I actually did not expect them to peel it off like the husk of a coconut.

Bravoexo

Seems like it

I suppose they're following history... Qi was the last state to be conquered by Qin

[Fugo];128571437 said:
I don't get why can't Togashi just hire new/more assistants. I'm pretty sure he can afford them. That + moving to monthly 20-page chapters could be reasonable

Togashi refuses to use assistants, I believe.

Kingdom 401

Timeskip time?
And looks like we're on the verge of one of the states falling...after 400 chapters.

survivor

Banned
A Zoo in Winter
More Jiro Taniguchi, this time sort of an autobiographical manga (he is called Hamaguchi in the story) about his start as a manga artist. Interesting journey, going from working in a textile manufacturer to exploring Tokyo on his own and becoming a manga assistant. Most of the focus isn't about the manga industry, but rather how Hamaguchi grew up and learned to become more independent. A romance subplot is thrown in as an inspiration for finishing his first published, although I don't know how much of it is true. It's just so convenient to fall in love with a sickly girl that has trouble leaving the hospital and walking on her own. The sentimentality of that part is pretty nice I suppose, added more needed drama outside of "I have to get my manga published"

Wiseblade

Has it ever been known what illness affect Togashi?

Dragonquestitis

Heavy DragonQuestitis mixed with the occasional Ihavetomuchmoneytocare

edit:
beaten :(

With a touch of marriedtoSalorMoonlady.
Yeah, it's not like he's desperate for Shueisha's money. Togashi could have ended HxH after Greed Island and concentrated on recovery/lived off the success of his and his wife's work.

If anything it's the opposite. With Naruto finally ending (Holy crap, Naruto is FINALLY ENDING) it leaves One Piece as the only major title in JUMP. I can only imagine weekly sales to fall through the floor unless Shueisha find something FAST to fill the gap.
panda needs intervention
When has he not needed an intervention?

Y'all speaking about losers but what does the winner get?

who was the closes anyways?
I actually did not expect them to peel it off like the husk of a coconut.
yeah
but then again it is indeed Acacia's SALAD

All in all this Toriko chapter for this week was a C- in grading
Yes I can rank Toriko chapters lowly

I suppose they're following history... Qi was the last state to be conquered by Qin

oh never knew that

then my theory is out of the window :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom