• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Otoyomegatari ch1

I feel like the font for the dialogue should be like super fancy and royal-ish just to keep up with the art.

My knowledge about 19th century mid-Asia is approximately -1, so I'll be fumbling my way across this. The clothes are insane though holy crap.

Yeah, it's not like he's desperate for Shueisha's money. Togashi could have ended HxH after Greed Island and concentrated on recovery/lived off the success of his and his wife's work.

If anything it's the opposite. With Naruto finally ending (Holy crap, Naruto is FINALLY ENDING) it leaves One Piece as the only major title in JUMP. I can only imagine weekly sales to fall through the floor unless Shueisha find something FAST to fill the gap.
I don't think they're in a big hurry, although they'll probably start working on that soon. I'll give it a year after Naruto ends before Jump goes into full panic mode, where they throw a million things at the wall and hyping the Toriko out of whatever sticks.

Fox318

Hajime no Ippo 1069

Wait he lost? What the hell was the point of all of this?

Forget about Naruto needing to end Ippo needs to

So how many chapter did Togashi release since June anyways?

too lazy to find out

We got 9 chapters before he went on hiatus again.
This arc's being set up to be a long one too. It's still in the set up period, kind of like the NGL Part of Chimaera Ant.
This could be longer then that, chapter wise and time wise.

We got 9 chapters before he went on hiatus again.
This arc's being set up to be a long one too. It's still in the set up period, kind of like the NGL Part of Chimaera Ant.
This could be longer then that, chapter wise and time wise.

only 9

well that is a shame.... just when the ship was about to embark too :/

A shame for the series
A shame for the fans
A shame for my bet.... bloody 53 chapters, what the hell was I thinking! o_O

Fox318

Martinez is going to view him as the true number one contender.....

Its been 25 years since the manga first came out.

25 fucking years and what do we have to show for it?

No Miyata match
Mother still won't see Ippo fight
Kumi has served no purpose
No world title match despite introducing Rico years ago

What is the fucking point anymore?

How long is this going to fucking be?

dramatis

Its been 25 years since the manga first came out.

25 fucking years and what do we have to show for it?

No Miyata match
Mother still won't see Ippo fight
Kumi has served no purpose
No world title match despite introducing Rico years ago

What is the fucking point anymore?

How long is this going to fucking be?
Dude. Be glad you're getting chapters. Just look at all those Hunter x Hunter bet losers.

upandaway

Aqua ch3

Man, whoa. That flood thing seems like it would be the most fun ever just walking around. Everything about that seems so nice and fuzzy.

Nozomu Nozomi ch2-4

SFyKtbN.jpg

I understand so much now

upandaway

Himouto ch17

5odkCDw.png

What?! What kind of Chopper hat sells for 237.948 dollars?! I need to research this. Just how high quality could it poss-

4dDsk5i.png

that... well... umaru-man... y'know...

that's... kind of... a bit of a premium...

dani_dc

Fuuka 29

As predictable as it was, still felt disappointing to see the public calming down.
Fuuka did the first intelligent decision anyone made since the start of this clusterfuck, she invited Tama onto stage.

I can't wait until Tama fucks things up by hugging Yuu or even re-declaring her love for him.

Fuuka 0

It was a nice little chapter, but it didn't add much that we didn't already knew, outside of the reasons why Tama left.

Quasar

Fuuka 29

As predictable as it was, still felt disappointing to see the public calming down.
Fuuka did the first intelligent decision anyone made since the start of this clusterfuck, she invited Tama onto stage.

I can't wait until Tama fucks things up by hugging Yuu or even re-declaring her love for him.

Seo needs to rename the book Tama-chan.

Claymore

Haha, Teresa is such an ass. She just says things and doesn't care.

Curious to see her ultimate attack though, mostly to see if it's just "slash really fast" like most Claymore attacks or something actually cool.

Wiseblade

Hey guys...

Can we just take a moment to talk about the fact that Naruto is in its victory lap? I know many, myself included, have done nothing but criticise the manga for years, but It's still the first manga I followed on a weekly basis and I'm sure the case is the same for a lot of you. A story I've been following since 2004 is finally coming to an end.

Zweizer

Banned
Hey guys...

Can we just take a moment to talk about the fact that Naruto is in its victory lap? I know many, myself included, have done nothing but criticise the manga for years, but It's still the first manga I followed on a weekly basis and I'm sure the case is the same for a lot of you. A story I've been following since 2004 is finally coming to an end.

Most of the discussion about it seems to be occuring in the Naruto OT. Still, I agree that it feels somewhat weird that it's ending. I personally expected Bleach to end first.

dani_dc

Seo needs to rename the book Tama-chan.

She shows up more often than Fuuka at this points and she leads to more "fun" scenarios, so I'd be cool with that.

Most of the discussion about it seems to be occuring in the Naruto OT. Still, I agree that it feels somewhat weird that it's ending. I personally expected Bleach to end first.

Same here, especially since they actually announced the ending of Bleach.

I'm honestly half-expecting a part 3 at some point, especially since Kaguya mentioned needing an army. Probably if Kishi next work fails to take off.

Zweizer

Banned
Ugh. If I wanted to see shipping wars, I'd go to Tumblr.

But what could people discuss outside of shipping wars?

I'm honestly half-expecting a part 3 at some point, especially since Kaguya mentioned needing an army. Probably if Kishi next work fails to take off.

It's more probable that it'll pick up from the "last" movie. I can see Jump editors pressuring Kishimoto to do this. They have no other potential big sellers lined up.

kasane

Hey guys...

tbh my reaction is thank fucking god. Even though i started following it a long long time ago it just got repetitive, mainly because of the world. Kishi didn't make it interesting. I hope its time for some other manga or author to shine

Dynedom

Otoyomegatari ch1

I feel like the font for the dialogue should be like super fancy and royal-ish just to keep up with the art.

My knowledge about 19th century mid-Asia is approximately -1, so I'll be fumbling my way across this. The clothes are insane though holy crap.

Woah, someone else reading Otoyo. It's a pretty charming manga.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm not quite sure what's up with Naruto. A huge manga like that should have gotten an ending announcement. Instead it just seems like its over with nothing else.

I'm not quite sure what's up with Naruto. A huge manga like that should have gotten an ending announcement. Instead it just seems like its over with nothing else.

they still have that upcoming movie.

i would laugh so hard if that ushers a continuation of sorts (either older Naruto adventures or the adventures of whatever kids they might spit out)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
they still have that upcoming movie.

i would laugh so hard if that ushers a continuation of sorts (either older Naruto adventures or the adventures of whatever kids they might spit out)

I'm gonna bust a gut at Part III.

Claymore

Haha, Teresa is such an ass. She just says things and doesn't care.

Curious to see her ultimate attack though, mostly to see if it's just "slash really fast" like most Claymore attacks or something actually cool.

LMAO that was her final attack.
She pulverized Priscilla with the Quick Sword

I wonder where the manga will take us next, or if it's already over. Does anyone know if Claymore is about to be finished?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom