• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Thank god. I was super bored for the last... years? After the arc in the north, there was only the short rebellion plot that wasn't boring.

Honestly, the only part I really enjoyed was Theresa flashback, everything after that kept getting worst and worst.

Akito

After the recent hiatus-gate and Mumei's suggestion, I was curious to see what a hiatus chart for Berserk would look like so I quickly put something together:

iG47Pbp.jpg

Guess when Idolmaster first came out on console.

As you can see I'm still missing the data for the first half of the series. I was using the chapter listings at the end of each Japanese volume (like so) but I couldn't find those for the first 23 volumes. If someone is in possession of those volumes, I'd really appreciate if you could send those data my way. Those who has a localized version, would you mind take a look if your version also has such listings, the German one sadly doesn't.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
After the recent hiatus-gate and Mumei's suggestion, I was curious to see what a hiatus chart for Berserk would look like so I quickly put something together:

iG47Pbp.jpg

As you can see I'm still missing the data for the first half of the series. I was using the chapter listings at the end of each Japanese volume (like so) but I couldn't find those for the first 23 volumes. If someone is in possession of those volumes, I'd really appreciate if you could send those data my way. Those who has a localized version, would you mind take a look if your version also has such listings, the German one sadly doesn't.

Green is releases correct?
The answer is 2007. Yeah it really adds up.

kasane

iG47Pbp.jpg

dayumn

dani_dc

iG47Pbp.jpg

Outside of 2013, he's been fairly consisting in terms of how many releases he does. Around 8 chapters per year usually.

Zweizer

Banned
One Morning I Woke Up (One-shot) by NisiOisiN and Kawada Yuuya

I like how meta it is at first, then it veers into comedy, before it hits you with the feels. Even though the whole thing is rather straightforward, it's portrayed nicely without veering into the overplayed brand of fanservice that comes with such a theme. A pretty enjoyable one-shot.

Seriously.

Would not bat an eye at Space Ninja's being new villains.

Because that doesn't sound anymore ridiculous than anything else in the series.

dani_dc

well tbf miura is already an old man and his art is really really really really really great

UR1Qc5h.png

Can't see the picture, but I'll agree with the message never the less :)

We're due to another chapter in September right?

Seriously.

Would not bat an eye at Space Ninja's being new villains.

Because that doesn't sound anymore ridiculous than anything else in the series.

I'd welcome Space Ninjas, I don't care how dumb it is.

Articalys

Nisio WSJ Oneshots (One Morning I Woke Up, Desire For A Reply)

They were nice. Both telegraphed their endings pretty openly, but they were still fun to read.

scy

iG47Pbp.jpg

If you stare at this long enough, you start to cry.

Erigu

Not even sure where to begin, really...
For one thing, I remember Angry Grimace arguing that nothing had ever been said about the series ending, and my wasting my time posting evidence to the contrary.
More recently, there was that quote which, I was told, was super ambiguous. I dunno. Seems rather straightforward to me (not that you couldn't tell based on the story itself, really).
And then, I guess there's the fact many big Jump series have ended without announcements weeks in advance.

dani_dc

Koe No Katachi 51

This was an interesting chapter, I'm mostly curious to see how the translation was done, I'm guessing the author gave the crunchyroll translators a clean script for this one.

It was very nice to see a chapter from Nishimiya perspective, confusing as well, which was the point I'm sure.

I'd be pretty surprised if
Ishida died
, but at this point I know better than to discard that possibility.

Usobuko

Banned
Nisekoi 137

You guys can use the new girl, I meant recycled Chitoge, as avatar. Another one to the harem, although perhaps short-termed.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yuri Friends
Much like Takeuchi Sachiko's Honey and Honey, Morishima Akiko likes to write manga about her experience as a lesbian mangaka, although her stories are more confined to her work and community than to some of the bigger issues like Pride parades and whatnot. Yuri Friends is just an amusing look at what happens when a group of lesbians go to a strip bar, but it's amazing because a part of me is happy to see that some of these yuri mangaka know each other to the point where you can have a "Yuri mangaka party".
HCqircpl.jpg

I also found Morishima's self-deprecating look at her identity amusing.
nCE80pyl.png

imvUvrFl.png

I guess if you were going to be a dirty otaku who liked to stare at girls, being a lesbian makes it a lot easier than being a sad, lonely dude.
Anyway, this is a cute glimpse into her life if you're into that.

----

Bokura no Hentai 22-23
It's unfortunate that there's been so much time since the volume 5 chapters came out, because I barely remember what was happening to the characters. Yui and Parou are still going through their angst, but it seems like they're trying to do a bit more with Marika and her transition:
JzdhwNwl.png

Of course, it's so evocative of Wandering Son and what happened with Nitorin... but I'm hoping that this actually goes somewhere sooner rather than later. At the very least, we have Marika finally "coming out", which may set things in motion in this volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom