• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btoom 1-6

In general I tend to dislike "video game becomes real life!" stories and I'll probably drop this eventually, but there was a pretty obvious best girl so I'll at least stick around to see what she's like before dropping it.

maybe I'll like it, but... eh.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Though I find gunslinger girl to be a pretty good deconstruction of moe mixed with violence.

At least up to the part which I read anyway. Should really get back into it one day.

Zweizer

Banned
I remember getting pretty bored with Gunslinger Girl because most characters barely get any development and the whole "children soldiers" thing remained rather undevelopped. The initial few volumes were pretty interesting though, and maybe it got better after I dropped it.

Shokugeki no Soma 84

Theres Takumi! He looks so distressed and sad, he needs a hug. Thankfully Soma visited him specifically to give him a personal secret message to inspire him and help pull him up from that dark hole hes in. If no one else can, then Soma will. He's the only one that knows exactly how Taku is. Ive been waiting for this moment for weeks and it finally came happening even better than I expected. This manga has some pretty deep character interaction going on in between the lines and was so far one of the best chapters of the arc just from those panels. This is going to be great.

Hoshi no Ponko to Toufuya Reiko 1 (Ponko Of The Stars And Reiko Of The Tofu Shop)

56784132ohk20.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D

Charming story about a intergalactic salesmonster and a family whose tofu shop has fallen on hard times. In an effort to turn their fortunes around, Reiko, the FeMC, purchases a duplicating machine from Ponko for a slightly higher price than she anticipated. Cut to 5 years later, Ponko is a drug-fuelled mistress of a crime boss, and Reiko is a disheveled, revenge-driven NEET. Suffice to say, this is one of those beautifully warped bait-and-switch series that I have an unhealthy fondness for.

Also I missed the memo about wonzo's birthday. Happy birthday man!

Hoshi no Ponko to Toufuya Reiko 1 (Ponko Of The Stars And Reiko Of The Tofu Shop)

Charming story about a intergalactic salesmonster and a family whose tofu shop has fallen on hard times. In an effort to turn their fortunes around, Reiko, the FeMC, purchases a duplicating machine from Ponko for a slightly higher price than she anticipated. Cut to 5 years later, Ponko is a drug-fuelled mistress of a crime boss, and Reiko is a disheveled, revenge-driven NEET. Suffice to say, this is one of those beautifully warped bait-and-switch series that I have an unhealthy fondness for.

I started reading the description for this/looked at the cover and was like "hey, this doesn't seem very :battleship" but then I kept reading and looked at the linked image and I realised it was in fact very :battleship indeed

welp

Akito

56784132ohk20.jpg

Came to post about this, the twist caught me completely off-guard.

WarRock

Tetsuwan Girl 60-72
It takes me so much time to read this because I lose myself looking at the drawings... Anyway, WE MASS COMUNICATION THEORY NOW, HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

_hekk05

Banned
Btoom 1-6

In general I tend to dislike "video game becomes real life!" stories and I'll probably drop this eventually, but there was a pretty obvious best girl so I'll at least stick around to see what she's like before dropping it.

maybe I'll like it, but... eh.

There's a
loli who can see ghosts
later.

Double post, but happy birthday dakku! I hope your day was filled with cake and despair.

:D :D :D

<3 dakku
<3 wonzo

I dont know what picture /i should give for wonzo

Happy birthday!
I'll start Danganronpa 2 today in Dakku honor!

Happy birthday to both wonzo and dakkumauji!

Happy birthday dakku!

Liar Game 186

Kanzaki got rekt.

Thank you~ Thank you~

I remember getting pretty bored with Gunslinger Girl because most characters barely get any development and the whole "children soldiers" thing remained rather undevelopped. The initial few volumes were pretty interesting though, and maybe it got better after I dropped it.

I kinda get what you mean already. What volume did you stop at?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think the optimum way to experience gunslingers girls is just to watch season 1 of the anime.

You pretty much get all you need out of it.

Revo

Alice in Borderland 11

I didn't really like the countdown they did, but w/e. I hope the girl and Chota die so we don't have to deal with them anymore. Don't need extra baggage.

happy birthday you guys (?)

also no Prison School for some time now (i guess whoever might be waiting for the next bounded volume rather than using the raws currently out) :(

at least the HQ version is progressing now so it might be caught up to the speed ones by then.

upandaway

Takkoku ch30

Arc starts proper and a bunch of new characters, how exciting! And it should be obvious by now that Misaki is best girl.

But dangit there's a data guy. I hate data guys. Whatever with those freaking data guys ugh data guys. Ugh. Argh. Bleh. Yuck!!!

dani_dc

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 95

I don't think becoming a TV Drama writer is the best plan here.
Of course this being a manga it will probably work.
... I really hope he doesn't and that ends up regretting his choices of messing with the future and ends up miserable.

Shame that the series is ending so suddenly, I suppose that explains the actual development of the story in the last few chapters.

upandaway

Domino Kick 8-9

These impulses are getting more and more criminally oriented. It used to be so innocent and pure! Is this how criminals gradually condition themselves to accept their actions?

dani_dc

Hinamatsuri 39

Mao sure captured Hina expression and personality well, I'm a little sad that "Hina" and "Anzu" aren't going to accompany her during her trip.

Nearly half a year timeskip, going to be interesting to see how Hina and Nitta relation evolved.
And most importantly, if Hitomi has taken over the town.

Was that the first time we saw a nipple (page 10) on this series? That was a bit odd.

upandaway

Last Game

Is this manga particularly cute and fluffy and nice and good? Because the scanlation situation seems a bit of a mess right now and I'm not sure if I should wait on it

scy

Last Game

Is this manga particularly cute and fluffy and nice and good? Because the scanlation situation seems a bit of a mess right now and I'm not sure if I should wait on it

I really like it. The pair is adorable but the lack of progress is a little annoying :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom