• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wonder when Iris Zero will get an anime. They already have enough material for a 12 episode run.

Kyuur

Dr. Stone Did... did she need glasses? Also tournament? Already? I mean sure, just a bit surprised at the time is all.

This would be the great twist of all time. "How is she sick exactly?" "Her eyesight is incredibly blurry!"

They probably changed the rules and made the tournament male-only.

Oh probably. Just weird they didn't actually mention it :lol: I guess her dad's face at the end of the flashback said it all.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 186

Akane is back. Shits about to get real.

Cheerful Amnesia 11

The meeting with mom was pretty funny. Though she's definitely going to find out eventually.

LV999 no Murabito 5

lol, the centaurs are all masochists.

Qvoth

Just found out goblin slayer is going to have a spin off holy shit
The subtitle is year one so it's going to be about him learning under his master and stuff, funny thing is, this is exactly what I was thinking as I was reading the novel book 3

Chase17

Astra 40
Well, this is going to start escalating quickly.
Kanata seeming a little too confident about knowing who it is. Feel like it's going to blow back in his face.

KARATE APOCALYPSE 3

rUHA1SEr.png
BsSw51kr.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzWHgwAPMs8

Hone No Nazuki Made Aisu 2
Alright, so they're both kinda messed up then. I'm not convinced that Kuzuha's short-term approach to dating will resolve as peacefully this time around, but until her boredom sets in, she's got herself a devoted yuri waifu. Who presumably wants to delete her predecessor.

Zweizer

Banned
Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch186

It was a pretty badass team effort this time. I can't imagine Akane defeating Shirayuki by herself though, as it would be soemwhat anticlimatic if the protagonists don't have a hand in it.

Hone No Nazuki Made Aisu ch2

Well then, seems like she's playing with fire. Since the two aren't alone in the picture, let's hope this doesn'tgets exactly as messy as it hints at.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch637

Maybe she should take it as a sign that he isn't worth her time.

Tachibanakan to Lie Angle 20

That was an absurd amount of lewd falling shenanigans for one chapter. It may have actually have out-TLRed TLR. Though somehow that doesn't irritate me as much as the Konomi route 'progress' does.

redlemon

Is Love Hina worth reading if you've no nostalgia for it? The omnibuses are like a third of their usual price on comixology at the moment.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is Love Hina worth reading if you've no nostalgia for it? The omnibuses are like a third of their usual price on comixology at the moment.

It's basically the OG harem romance series. Every modern harem romcom copies everything from plot points to character archetypes from it. As a result you won't find it fresh or anything like that, but it's fairly well put together and better than at least half of what came after.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I enjoyed Love Hina. Just so long as you don't know anything about Ken Akamatsu and his preferences.

I recall it having more fanservice than UQ Holder and less fanservice than Negima. But it's Ken so expect clothes to explode.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I enjoyed Love Hina. Just so long as you don't know anything about Ken Akamatsu and his preferences.

I recall it having more fanservice than UQ Holder and less fanservice than Negima. But it's Ken so expect clothes to explode.

I think the MC gets punched into the stratosphere more often than exploding clothes.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hajime No Ippo - current

Enough dancing around this, Ippo needs to kill this man with the new dempsey roll. Stop stalling Morikawa, we're over 1000 chapters in, enough of this shit!

Zweizer

Banned
Is This a Date? (Madoka doujinshi) by Ryuunosuke

Somehow, a date between Kyouko and Sayaka always features a fight before, after, or during. In this case though, Mami proves herself to be quite a shrewd manipulator.

I do appreciate Ryuunosuke's characterization of Nagisa being a gaming, aloof, burns-dispensing little tyke.

Also, for Battleship:

I'd read a Detective Homura spin-off.

If Takumi still jobs, he's gonna be Tien tier.

I was thinking about this, and i feel like Takumi is going to have his win but Tadokoro won't. First of all, we've had enough of Eizan to actually have a third round against him, he's definitely going down. Second, tadokoro is going against someone too far up, even more than soma's opponent. Shinomiya tutoring won't be enough (and we have precedent for that, soma vs tsukasa). And finally, i doubt soma is losing so yeah.

I can see the final battle being soma, erina and ishiki against tsukasa, rindou and akane.

Usobuko

Banned
Sheriff Evans' Lies is hilarious as a gag comedy. " Evans remembered his father's words" never gets old.

Densetsu no Yuusha no Konkatsu gives you a lot of feels instead.

Zweizer

Banned
Flying Witch ch36

The Narunaru is surprisingly cute, and has a pretty cool runaway mode. Hopefully they keep it as a pet, even if the looping ability can be troublesome.

Tachibanakan to Lie Angle ch20

Gotta compensate for all the non-lewd trippings I guess. Now it's back to the old statu quo.

Nejimaki Kagyu ch65

That's one crazy well-made robot. Technology sure is great.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch638

Not like there's going to be much of a competition.

Hungry Marie ch17-19

Guess Taiga is slowly getting his body back.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Fate Strange/Fake 1-2

This is some gooooood shit, by the Duarararara author. It's like Fate/Zero part 2. I could tell by the premise it would the most interesting of the spin off series.

DNAbro

Now for mindgames though, I will have to stan for Alice in Borderland again. I'll let its pictures speak for itself.

Thank you for recommending this because this was an absolutely fantastic read. Such a satisfying story and may be my new favorite death game/psychological manga I've read.

Zweizer

Banned
Dungeon Meshi ch35.5

I wonder whether Chilchack learned something or not, lol.

img000003ersfn.png

Poor Laius. His childhood memories, ruined.

Mob Psycho 100 ch100.11

Going by Mob's reaction, seems like it's actually an alter ego?

Mousou Telepathy Ch447-449: This, just this.

Ao no Flag Ch13-14: These chapters felt all kinds of heavy and depressing.

Yankee Shota to Otaku Onee-san Ch4: And the cool facade shatters as soon as he's seen by her. Oh dear...

Enen no Shouboutai Ch75-84: While this is certainly dumb, it continues to be a highly entertaining and appealing kind of dumb. Also, it's pretty.

Kengan Asura Ch79: No-matter who wins this I feel like I'll be disappointed. Which is a first for this series.

Sheriff Evans' Lies Ch22: It was all her own fault, but at least he was smart enough to come in with a last-minute save.

The New Gate Ch31: While the art continues to be sub-par, this is still one of my favourite light novel series, so it's nice to see it in a different form. Go read the light novels, they're way better.

Oh, and I caught up with Uratarou. What an odd ride it's been so far...

Usobuko

Banned
Thank you for recommending this because this was an absolutely fantastic read. Such a satisfying story and may be my new favorite death game/psychological manga I've read.

What I like most about the manga is characters construction. There's breadth and depth in so many of his characters, they felt so humane and believable while being interesting at the same time.

This is something I rarely seen in any manga, not just in survival game category.

It also has a good structure where Poker's suits determine the type of games and the number / face cards determine the difficulty.

My favorite game is Jack of Hearts

For starring no recurring characters at all for this arc, it sure comes up with plenty of memorable characters. In particular the ex-swindler and the Johan-esque psychopath.

casiopao

Astra Lost in Space 1-40

One of the best sci-fi manga out there. Really blown away by how good it is.

Everyone should read it.

Is it as good as Crest of Stars? As that is one of my favorite sci fi manga too.

Maou Kyoudai 1-2

Cute lol. When the hero end up taking care demon king lol.

Dungeon Meshi

Man when this series decides to be real...it gets really frickin' real.

Not sure what's going to go down with Farlyn, and that dude from the other party is sketch as hell.

iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls - U149 20

Well yeah, this was a foregone conclusion after the previous chapter. Pulling a Love Live ep3 would've been absolutely hilarious, but not really fitting in the circumstances. At least we're fully done with Chie now, right?

Also, for Battleship:

000501gupvd.png

I'd read a Detective Homura spin-off.
I'd read a _______ Homura spin-off. Let's take a moment to appreciate how effortlessly stylish she looks in any outfit.

Top Bottom