• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Zweizer

Banned
Beastars ch50

Well damn, that's one way to make a reapparance. I'm guessing Louis is being set up as the final boss.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch643

Why bother anyways.

Beastarts Ch50: I'm pretty sure I called this. I should've made a wager for it! Haha.

Goblin Slayer: Side Story Year One Ch1: Not sure what I expected. In all honesty, I'm only reading this because I want more Golbin Slayer, as it'd just started to get interesting.

Mousou Telepathy Ch453-454: I think her brain is short-circuiting.I mean... It is, right?

Kimetsu no Yaiba Ch78: The problem with this manga is; for how good and well done it is, it always seems to end up being forgotten by me. I just always forget it's a thing. No idea why. Either way, go Inosuke!

Overlord Ch29: I do hope all this setup goes somewhere soon, the anticipation is killing me.

Firepunch Ch69: This whole manga is one big constrictor knot. Twisting in on itself for eternity, never once letting you stay on a level footing.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Detective Conan 1005

The timing on that shit, goddamn LOL

Also, it looks like the Black Organization stuff is about to come back into play. Rum is totally the new elementary school teacher, calling it now.

Usobuko

Banned
Detective Conan 1005

The timing on that shit, goddamn LOL

Also, it looks like the Black Organization stuff is about to come back into play. Rum is totally the new elementary school teacher, calling it now.

Do I need to read about 500 chapters more for the plot to finally move along.

Yuno smiling is amazing.
DKNWbjvU8AYW71j.jpg:small

Lain

Dead Tube volume 1

I knew this was about some snuff shit. I didn't know I would find it so bad.
The volume's end made me do a what the fuck. The MC is a moron of the highest degree, the people around him are pieces of shit too, the senpai, if she was into the whole thing then she is also a piece of shit, if she's really dead, then everyone else gets promoted to an higher rank of piece of shit.

I now hate myself for two reasons:
1) I bought this, twice, because I grabbed a limited edition and a normal edition (I got sent two limited though, which is simply the volume inside a trashbag like black plastic and an illustration of the first, sick in the head, girl).
2) I want to see all these people get fucked in the worst possible way, but to do that I gotta keep buying this.

Ace of Diamond Act II 94
DKQTeKiXUAAfcNL.jpg:small

Toujou pitched, I somehow missed that he was going to debut this game? He was awesome, I hope he gets more time. But what of Kawakami?

Okumura is doing good but I was surprised that I was able to recognize that Furuya's pitch seemed higher too, at least it wasnt a ball.

Chase17

Astra 41
Guess I should never doubt Kanata lol. Thought he was getting played but he was playing on another level.

Interested to see how much he told Ulgar, since it seemed he went to shoot but was surprised about the gun.

I was so dead set on Aries being that I'm now not going to rule out two traitors lol. We still don't know what her and Kanata talked about too.

Arabesque

Astra 41

Called it!

Astra 41
Guess I should never doubt Kanata lol. Thought he was getting played but he was playing on another level.

Interested to see how much he told Ulgar, since it seemed he went to shoot but was surprised about the gun.

I was so dead set on Aries being that I'm now not going to rule out two traitors lol. We still don't know what her and Kanata talked about too.

I think the bit with Ulgar was him doing an act to lure Charce into using the Teleporter. Or maybe Kanata really was playing everyone and is a mastermind at manipulation lol

I feel that if my theory regarding Charce, Aries, Sayla and Charce already being mindwiped turns out to be correct, then rather than Aries being the other traitor, she’s Sayla’s clone that the aristocrat who mindwiped clone!Charce is aiming to capture to mindwipe as well. Unless Aries does end up being a sleep agent/Android, then oh boy.

As for what she and Kanata talked about, I guess it had to do with Charce’s story? Or if the android!Aries theory turns out to be true, then maybe Kanata realizing she’s part droid?

Zweizer

Banned
Our Journey to Lesbian Motherhood ch11

It's tough to take your time when your options are so limited.

Konya wa Tsuki ga Kirei desu ga, Toriaezu Shine ch14

There sure are a lot of infectees. Pretty scary, though it still seems unreal that there's only been about 30 victims during the festival.

That's one way to make an appearance. Battleship approves!

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch644

They're in their own little world.

Minamoto-kun Monogatari ch219

She has pretty good taste in lingerie.

A.J.

Banned
Astra 41

Called it!

I think the bit with Ulgar was him doing an act to lure Charce into using the Teleporter. Or maybe Kanata really was playing everyone and is a mastermind at manipulation lol

I feel that if my theory regarding Charce, Aries, Sayla and Charce already being mindwiped turns out to be correct, then rather than Aries being the other traitor, she’s Sayla’s clone that the aristocrat who mindwiped clone!Charce is aiming to capture to mindwipe as well. Unless Aries does end up being a sleep agent/Android, then oh boy.

As for what she and Kanata talked about, I guess it had to do with Charce’s story? Or if the android!Aries theory turns out to be true, then maybe Kanata realizing she’s part droid?
I think Ulgar was in on it. It would have been dangerous if Ulgar hadn't known and had been teleported which would be on Kanata's head. Also his expressions when he pulled his gun out signified to me that he knew something.

Astra 41

Called it!

yeah pretty sure you called it completely tbh

Chase17

Astra 41

Called it!

I think Ulgar was in on it. It would have been dangerous if Ulgar hadn't known and had been teleported which would be on Kanata's head. Also his expressions when he pulled his gun out signified to me that he knew something.
Yeah he was probably completely in on it and I misinterpreted the trigger scene. Makes more sense than Kanata actually going through and tampering with his gun without him noticing it and putting him in danger lol

Kabe ni Mary.com 6
I was going to joke about how this meant the manga was ending, but then the author did it for me on the next page. Made the joke that is, not ended the manga. The MC's heart-wrenching decision to stay was a foregone conclusion, though I feel like Hanako should've also factored into it.

That's one way to make an appearance. Battleship approves!
I approve of this approval. Really need to pick this series up again at some point.

jbug617

Banned
Barakamon Vol 14

Who knew starting a school would be hard work. Nice running gag about people interested in the school until they learn about the tuition.

Tsurezure Children 162

Getting real tired of the bullshit misunderstandings between Takase and Kanda. I wish they made some goddamn progress like some of the other couples.

Jump Rankings

Weekly Shonen Jump #43

Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma (Cover, Lead CP)
1. One Piece
2. Kimetsu no Yaiba
3. The Promised Neverland
4. Black Clover
We Never Learn (CP)
5. Dr. Stone
6. Haikyu!
Chou Kasoku Ningen Leo (CP, GFC Entry #4)
7. Spring Weapon No.01
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. (CP)
Ifu! Dodo-kun (One Shot)
8. Robot x Laserbeam
9. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
10. Hinomaru Zumou
11. Gintama
12. Shudan!
13. Hungry Marie
14. Cross Account
Isobe Isobee Monogatari ~Ukiyo wa Tsurai yo~

Absent: My Hero Academia

Weekly Shonen Jump #44
Cover, Lead CP: Black Clover
CP: Haikyu!, Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Mahou Shonen X (GFC Entry #5)

Still no axe coming down next issue it seems.

Ascheroth

Happy to see Kimetsu and Neverland doing that well.
Hungry Marie will survive.

Hope Horikoshi gets well soon and takes enough time off.

Zweizer

Banned
One Piece ch879

Katakuri is quite something. Pudding also has quite the flair for choosing seats.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch187

Shirayuki has a pretty dark past. Hopefully Youko's intervention will lead to some redemption.

Drifters ch68

Such a short chapter. Toyohisa as always remains pretty chill about it.

Shokugeki no Soma ch232

Aw, I was half hoping Soma would go for deep fried butter, lol.

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! ch645

Might as well leave if he's not enjoying it.

PK Gaming

One Piece

The rare series with semi consistent uwpard spikes in quality after going on for so long. Carrot is freaking LOCK for Strawhats btw.

DNAbro

One Piece 879

Who are you?
I'm you but stronger.

Blue Flag 15
Taichi needs a hug. And a therapist.

Promised Neverland 56

Are they going to trick this guy into letting the kids stay there? I want mind games to come back.

Sad about no My Hero Academia this week but hopefully Hirokoshi is okay.

Li Kao

I crossed path with some all age manga in the supermarket today and, well, I could do with some family oriented reading if it's good.
So is Yo-Kai Watch any good ? Is it an original story or will it be spoilpocalypse ?
And I saw some Pokemon Green Leaf or something, anyone to tell me if this is any good or a total waste of time ?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

Anything you can do, I can do better. I can do anything better than you.

Dr. Stone

Maaan, I'm a sucker for "seeing for the first time" scenes.

My Hero Academia

Get well soon Horikoshi.

DNAbro

I crossed path with some all age manga in the supermarket today and, well, I could do with some family oriented reading if it's good.
So is Yo-Kai Watch any good ? Is it an original story or will it be spoilpocalypse ?
And I saw some Pokemon Green Leaf or something, anyone to tell me if this is any good or a total waste of time ?

The Pokemon Special series is actually pretty good if that is what you saw. It's kind of a slightly edgy retelling of the games. Fun though.

DNAbro

My Hero Academia Vigilantes 12

Hey no regular chapter this week so this is a real nice substitute. Also wow actual world building. Really odd choice that Rhode Island of all places was the first place to have legal super heroes and hence legal villains. I'm not sure if this is just the translation or not, but I love how it goes into the question whether or not regulating Quirks goes against the 2nd amendment with the right to bear arms.

Naomasa's sister is cool. I wonder if introducing her was Hirokoshi's idea.

Top Bottom