• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
One Punch Man

As much as Suiryu is an ass, most of these transformations so far are have been from sniveling little shits so hopefully they get their asses beat (preferably by Saitama but Suiryu can pass)

I read through this and it reminds me of a big bummer I have with the series that kind of grows with time. I really wish the A class heroes existed outside of jobbing, I'd love to see them get a straight up win.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Happiness 25
This manga's probably on the chopping block. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Dungeon Seeker Chapters 1-8

giphy.gif

Trojita

So I was reading that the Dungeon Seeker author might have gotten in trouble for plagiarism? How do you plagiarize such a generic revenge Isekai premise?

Numb

Epic Of Gilgamesh 1-64

Hot blooded lady Knight rescues old dude who was in danger on a cliff. Turns out he was immortal and didn't need her help and just wants to be left alone and continue depressing over stuff. Turns out the Knight looks like someone he knew and cared for so turns to help.She is sick with something and thus starts their journey to find a cure and have adventures. Lots and lots of flashbacks of the old man's past which are.... surprisingly interesting and emotional. Turns out the good fights in it didn't make it exclusive to a battle manga. One of the flashbacks is about dragons which ofcourse freaks the Knight out and thinks he is crazy. Doesn't matter tho since he raised a dragon that one time who calls him mommy.

Here she is

o2nsR.jpg

She got hit in the head when she was young and made her stupid and stutter which adds to her cuteness ;_;

I can understand the reason why this dude is so depressed..but he need to bring it down just alittle
There is also a mute archer who is hilarious as he is murderous

Trojita

Epic Of Gilgamesh 1-64

One of the flashbacks is about dragons which ofcourse freaks the Knight out and thinks he is crazy. Doesn't matter tho since he raised a dragon that one time who calls him mommy.

Here she is

o2nsR.jpg

She got hit in the head when she was young and made her stupid and stutter which adds to her cuteness ;_;

I can understand the reason why this dude is so depressed..but he need to bring it down just alittle
There is also a mute archer who is hilarious as he is murderous

Please tell me she is a main character and I'll read this now.

Are they sure it's plagiarism when the market is literally saturated with isekai?

I'm not sure what the claim was and with evidence. Just remember reading it. Might be a dramatization due to teh web novel being done.

Even with how generic and bad it is, I would say that chapter 8's premise was kind of interesting.

Fancolors

Fire Punch 1

Incest, cannibalism and slavery on the first chapter. What the fuck am I reading? Is this shit for real? Am I supposed to take this seriously?

Sesha

Seven Deadly Sins 205

The asshole angels and the one angel with the massive tits just makes me miss Bastard!!.

Also I still hate that Denzel was killed because of the lame tit angel.

shokugeki no soma 202

Well, its nice to see everyone working as a team now. Erina looks like she can finally do what she wants with regards to cooking. Though I wonder how she'll act when confronted with Azami.

Fancolors

Fire Punch 2 -16
Actor? Director? What is happening here? I have a hard time telling if the author has given up on telling a coherent story or if everything that is happening here is completely intentional. At this point, I would say this is a dark comedy, but there are bits here and there that make me wonder if this is supposed to mean something.

ryb63X4.png

Like this

Intentional or not, everything just feels clumsy. Forget all the tragedy that happens to Ignis on the very first chapter, because now they are making a movie because someone... really likes them?

Lain

"... humorous depiction of the trials and tribulations of young women in STEM fields..."

Oo, that sounds pretty interesting.

It doesn't seem to match my taste of humor, unfortunately.

That matches my taste of humor tho, I think you might have sold me on it.

Astra Lost In Space 25

The fact that this chapter ended on
Charce blatantly being revealed to be hiding something/lying with a sinister look on his face probably means he isn't the traitor. At least if he was an intial accomplice to the plan he's not the current threat that will prevent them from getting home.

Another good chapter, sucks this releases so infrequently.

Eldlive 1

The art in this is pretty messy hard to tell if thats due to being fully in color or just the mangaka's art style. Hard to get a good judge on the plot since the main hook was introduced at the very end and we weren't given a good explanation yet. Guess I'll check out more as viz releases chapters.

grand blue 10 - 11

The mixer was pretty good. All of cakey's friends helped screw with the desperate guys.

I feel like whatever progress Iori makes in the relationship department with any of the girls, especially Chisa, is then immediately destroyed by his stupidity.

Kieli

To you, the Immortal 12
What an interesting character to follow. I was expecting granny to be forgotten, but I was wrong. Really like how different she is from March and Parona.

Yeah, this chapter took us from 0 to 100 just like that. Oima always keeps you on your toes.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch502

Such rudeness.

Keijo ch113-117

Nozomi is in quite a pickle, but if it's one thing she doesn't lack, ti's determination.

Well, asses are dangerous weapons after all.

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san ch45

Happy Valentine! She went pretty easy on him.

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni ch19-20

Welp, guess I find her friend more interesting than the main heroine.

Blurgh, I've been too busy to post. And every time more chapters come out so there's more stuff I have to post my thoughts on and now it's too big and I just want to play Yakuza.

RIP

I read some of his works, like The Walking Man, My Father's Journal, A Distant Neighborhood,Raising a Dog, Hotel Harbour View, Icaro and a pair more.

In special I would recommend My Father's Journal, A Distant Neighborhood and Raising a Dog (Chichi no Koyomi, Haruka na Machi e, Inu o Kau are the Japanese titles).

Zweizer

Banned
I read some of his works, like The Walking Man, My Father's Journal, A Distant Neighborhood,Raising a Dog, Hotel Harbour View, Icaro and a pair more.

In special I would recommend My Father's Journal, A Distant Neighborhood and Raising a Dog (Chichi no Koyomi, Haruka na Machi e, Inu o Kau are the Japanese titles).

Thanks, I'll try to check some of them sometime.

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san ch46

Easy win.

iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls - U149 6
Yeah, figured a less cutesy and more assertive Arisu would be the photogenic solution here. Though that last page still proves my previous point about her & natural smiles. She and Momoka evidently have some kind of history/relationship, but it's hard to gauge its nature from their interactions so far.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
U19

Holy shit! You were not kidding. I feel bad for the Viz translator that has to work on this for three chapters.

Awful story, bad art, lame characters, everything that could go wrong does go wrong
Oh and Nazis, because that's original.

Conan-san

I wonder if they'll bother. I can only imagine Roger Mellie at Viz Towers seeing the Nazi imagery, dying of embarrassment and his 2IC pretending this never happened.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I lasped my sub a few weeks ago, what's u19?

The second of six all new series Shonen Jump is premiering. Last week was "We Never Learn" which is about a smart guy teaching two hyper-focused smart girls in a subject they're not good at.
This week it's U19, which is Codename: Kids Next Door meets Nazis. Only much worse than it sounds.

Top Bottom