• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Shokugeki no Soma

I'm guessing Mimasaka traced Eizan before the match and let Takumi know what kind of trick he was gonna pull, so Takumi purposely made his dish less sweet. Or something like that. That way we can still get the subordinate vs. master thread going while emphasizing teamwork.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

Chapter makes it crystal clear that Eizan is being demoted to jobber.

bobohoro

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 189

Sooooo gooooooood.
The thing is, the manga actually managed to make you think about the possibility that it doesn't end happily ever after. That's how you set up your end game. The series will join AssClass in the list of recent well-paced, throughoutly above average to awesome mangas that I can wholeheartely recommend to everyone.

One Piece 881

Jinbei is such an underrated character. Always has been.
And I really liked the trust shown with Nami. Her deep bond with Luffy is also something that isn't brought up too often.

Zweizer

Banned
One Piece ch881

Jinbei has really been pulling his weight this arc. Now let's see how Luffy gets out of this alive.

Shokugeki no Soma ch234

lol he went and revealed everything like that. Guess Eizan is gonna lose then.

My Hero Academia ch155

Talk about making an entrance.

Attack on Titan ch98

That's one awkward family reunion.

Poor Reiner's wallet, lol.

We Never Learn 34 (RAW)
y2CPBqX.png
Waiting for the sensei nerfs. Any day now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Eizan is just jobbing now. He's ranked 9th but nobody ever believed he'd ever beat Erina to begin with.

Also, Black Clover is the most intensely generic thing ever and why do I read it because it's just Fairy Tail + Naruto + One Piece without any of the clever parts that exist in any of those series.

It's like someone made an actual manga out of the gif.

SGlPvNM.gif

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Eizan is just jobbing now. He's ranked 9th but nobody ever believed he'd ever beat Erina to begin with.

Also, Black Clover is the most intensely generic thing ever and why do I read it because it's just Fairy Tail + Naruto + One Piece without any of the clever parts that exist in any of those series.

???? There's clever parts that exist in FT? Since when? FT is firmly in that quality tier. In fact it invented and defined it.

zroid

Banned

This is the meanest thing I've ever heard anyone say about anything

PK Gaming

Soma

Yeah so Takumi's gonna win, Tadokoro is gonna lose (and it's gonna be so sad) and Soma's gonna win. In the final round, Soma, Erina and Takumi will take on the big 3, with Erina fighting Rindou because duh.

Mark it.

It's basically boys wank material with Lucy.

Not that I complained it.

With Lucy? Try every female character ever.

Not that I complained... most of the time.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Rindou would skin Erina alive and eat her.

Deadly

If Takumi is going to win, it raises the odds of Tadokoro losing noooooooooo

They can't all win can they? 2v5 next round?

If Takumi is going to win, it raises the odds of Tadokoro losing noooooooooo

They can't all win can they? 2v5 next round?

Probably not (unless Soma loses... LOL). Regardless of if it goes 3 v 4 or 2 v 5 the end game will clearly be throwing people at rindou and tsukasa with b2b2b matches so they lose via mistakes and such.

Deadly

Probably not (unless Soma loses... LOL). Regardless of if it goes 3 v 4 or 2 v 5 the end game will clearly be throwing people at rindou and tsukasa with b2b2b matches so they lose via mistakes and such.
Throwing people at Rindou and Tsukasa as fodder would be the most boring way to approach this though which is why I hope it doesn't happen

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
My Hero Aight, I'm back into hype mode for this fight!

Black Clover Way more a normal fight(as in tournament) than I thought it would be, but still feeling kind ominous.

One Piece I know that face. That face means Luffy has a plan. And its going to be duuuuuuumb

Dr. Stone Okay. Okay. That's a fucking Death Flag. That's a hell of a death flag... Is this manga just going to be a game of musical Main Characters? Because I can dig that!

Promised Neveralnd Oh shit! This isn't a shelter! It's a base!!!

It's like someone made an actual manga out of the gif.

SGlPvNM.gif

Omfg, dead.

Angry Grimace

Black Clover

I don't know why, but it bugs me that Juno somehow got more of those Emperor Stars than Asta when Asta beat 2 of the 3 super ultra toughest bosses and also fought off one the Big Bad. Like there's no way Juno was doing something more impressive regardless of how much they want to tell you this guy is Sasuke.

Zweizer

Banned
Horimiya ch83

Could have just asked his parents instead.

Nejimaki Kagyu ch67.5

Such a caring big sister.

Myuu & I ch6

Another series gets revived from the translation grave. Well, it has never been anything spectacular to begin with and was apparently axed, so let's see how this goes.

Made in Abyss ch. 26-42

Caught up on this after the anime ended while listening to the amazing OST. Highly recommend it to everyone. ever knew the anime is ranked #21 on myanimelist and the manga ranked #7. It is so damn good, I don't think I've ever felt such a strong atmosphere of wonder and adventure before. And the manga gets really sad too lol.

So does anyone know the current status of the manga translations? When ca we expect more chapters? Seems like they came out daily to catch up back in july and no n ew chapters since then.

Usobuko

Banned
Caught up on this after the anime ended while listening to the amazing OST. Highly recommend it to everyone. ever knew the anime is ranked #21 on myanimelist and the manga ranked #7. It is so damn good, I don't think I've ever felt such a strong atmosphere of wonder and adventure before. And the manga gets really sad too lol.

I can't get past the art to enjoy this.

DNAbro

Made in Abyss ch. 26-42

So does anyone know the current status of the manga translations? When ca we expect more chapters? Seems like they came out daily to catch up back in july and no n ew chapters since then.

I think there is a new chapter coming this month.

Lain

Drifting Classroom volume 1 (of 3) Kanzenban Edition

Pretty interesting read so far, grim and depressing, even claustrophobic at times.
The setting of an entire school getting sent into the future with no real explanation as to why, but with some hints here and there trying to link it to that broken watch and the fight between Sho and his mother, put into the story as rumours between the young students, which also begs the question as to where these kids would have gotten the rumours and in my head I link it to the young and mysterious tricycle kid.

While the story is intriguing to read, watching the teachers trying to keep control of the students until they go mad, watching the students govern themselves, watching what they find in this barren future and how there is still a feeble link between Sho and his mother... I feel that the storyboarding is pretty weak. Actions and reactions feel too... over the top and in a way, inconsequential (even if this word probably doesn't convey what I'm trying to convey) to me and that somewhat detracts from my enjoyment, though it feels like something intrinsic of most old manga, given it is something I also dislike in Tezuka's works for example.

The story is quite dark (and at times gruesome), not just for the depiction of dismembered kids or murdering psychos, but especially because of the social aspects depicted which did feel on point. As a survival manga, I'm enjoying it a lot and it's where it shines the most, together with the relationships between the kids.

A mention about the Italian edition for this first volume, which is pretty great (nice paper, good translation, no ink left on my fingers as I read through the volume) though given the 29€ price tag it's the least I would expect. Also, despite being a huge book and me disliking huge manga books because they tend to be unwieldy to read, I feel like the format fits this one well, if not format wise (big pages are nice tho) page-count wise, as it helps the pacing a lot not having to stop reading while some of the most egregious moments were happening.

Zweizer

Banned
Maou-jou de Oyasumi ch44

Gotta love them earworms. Too bad it's a fight that can't be won.

Hakoiri Drops ch38

Aw, poor Moe. Still, Ainoki handled that wonderfully.

Love Tyrant ch47

Gotta appreciate her expediency. Guess the group got bigger noisier yet again.

Beastars ch52

Seems like Juno made quite the impact.

Mob Psycho 100 ch100.13

The real hero is coming at last.

casiopao

We Never Learn 34 (RAW)

Waiting for the sensei nerfs. Any day now.

Waiting for that Sensei path lol.^_^

Clever ways of exploding clothes.

Even those is trash compared to how BC actually develop the female char lol.

At least BC give some respect toward the female rather than what FT had give us there.

Magi 368

Thank god for that.

Finally. OMG. I mean Oh My David. Thats bad. This last Arc is like tens time worst than Toriko and Toriko is rushed like crazy. I mean holy mama.

Lain

Speaking of rough, I've gone through the first 32 pages of Mob Psycho 100 thanks to a free sample and man, I might have been put off from buying it now.
The Children of the Whale sample instead sold me. That was gorgeous.

Lain

My Hero Academia Ultra Archive got licensed in Italy. It's nice to see My Hero Academia is doing well enough to keep getting this side stuff here, although that chibi one sucked.
Also Erased seems to have done well too, considering Hoozuki no Shima got licensed as well.

Top Bottom