• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma 104 Alternate version

I think must have missed the point of the chapter that they're apparently trying to imply Hayama won because he was hot for Shiomi (e.g. the same thing Jouchirou pointed out at the beginning of the manga) but there also wasn't really anything leading up to that.

Lain

They also changed her name in the French version which is dumb imo. She's now Poufanovitch, "Pouffe" being roughly the same as "Bitch" in French. Kinda weird, a translator's note would have been better.

In the Italian version she's Irina Jelavic, but bitch-sensei for the class.

dramatis

Is Imperial Guards really a top 10 Gaf-read?

I've only seen one or two scattered impressions of it.

It also didn't really capture my interest. :(
Actually, I put together the banner a few days ago while skimming the latest page of what people were reading. At the time Imperial Guards came up a bunch, which is why I dumped it in the banner.

Of course it'll probably die down later, but it doesn't hurt to have people try new things I suppose.

dani_dc

Domestic Na Kanojo 23-24

Who masturbates with a semi-open door while living with their family?
Especially when you live with an adoptive sibling that confessed to you mere weeks ago.

The camping trip is going to turn into a mess.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

Iwami's just going to be the butt of a million jokes where she can't seal the deal with Yuu isn't she?

rrvv

Is Assassination Classroom popular in Japan at the moment?
It always seems to rank highly and it feels like something that is kind of developing a quiet cult following.

very popular in japan. seem gaf hates it thought

dan2026

My Hero Academia

My she is just adorable.

1423067342191.png

Kieli

Shokugeki no Soma 104 Alternate version

I think must have missed the point of the chapter that they're apparently trying to imply Hayama won because he was hot for Shiomi (e.g. the same thing Jouchirou pointed out at the beginning of the manga) but there also wasn't really anything leading up to that.

I'm not sure if I agree. It was readily apparent since the beginning that Shiomi is really important to Hayama. Romantic? Debatable. But this certainly wasn't the first flashback showing how she took him out of the ghetto.

He cares for her in a way that I think definitely qualifies for what Soma's dad was espousing.

Edit: I hope we also get to know Soma's mom a little more and see what sort of impact she had on Asura.

UQ Holder 63-67

That was interesting. The tower training arc reminded me of HXH, luckily something came up so that won´t happen anytime soon.

Soma

Meh!

Magi

Come on Alibaba, kill Sasuke.

Blue exorcist

Yo dog i have your double agent in your double agent.

new thread huh

nice Tagline.... it did kinda show last thread that we lost our ability to think of a new tagline

we're technically screwed for the next thread

Angry Grimace

I'm not sure if I agree. It was readily apparent since the beginning that Shiomi is really important to Hayama. Romantic? Debatable. But this certainly wasn't the first flashback showing how she took him out of the ghetto.

He cares for her in a way that I think definitely qualifies for what Soma's dad was espousing.

Edit: I hope we also get to know Soma's mom a little more and see what sort of impact she had on Asura.

They're deliberately not showing the mom for that reason.

Zweizer

Banned
Just make it a line of emoticons.

(っ・▽・)っ📖 Σ(っºΔº)っ📖 (っ・//3//・)っ📖 (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡📖

Maybe I should do it from right to left.

(っ・▽・)っ📖 Σ(っºΔº)っ📖 (っ・//3//・)っ📖 (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡📖

Maybe I should do it from right to left.

It's not fair to come up with a good OT title just when a new one started.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Black Haze 93

Best apology. I wonder if Blow's going to cooperate with the bad guys somehow?

It's BS that I can't look at raws without paying SK currency. :'(

dumbyugi

Maybe I'll post more in this thread. Probably not though, I'm far too lazy to write impressions for every chapter of manga I read.

dumbyugi

Don't worry, half the stuff I read is far too thin to provide any sort of substantial comment other then "lol boobies"

Oh same here. I guess I could do some Soma talk.

Food Warz

Even though I wanted Soma to win I'm glad it was Hayama who won and not Ryou. I hope Erina plays a big role in whatever the next arc is even if she's not the main focus of it.

Raxus

My Hero Academia 1

Viz seems to be doing a fine job with the translations of the first chapter. I hope more people support the official release!

Gekitotsu no Hexennacht 01

Can't say I'm incredibly impressed by the first chapter, but it does a decent job at setting the world and introducing the main characters. A black witch descends to wreak havoc on the world, and witches/magical girls are trained and raised to fight back. Enter two typical MCs, a mysterious stranger and a by-the-books elite. Can't say I'm a big fan of the art either.

Still, a 500m long bow being called a magic wand? I can deal with that loose definition of magical girl.

Quixzlizx

Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan 3

lmao, Ikki's little sister gives even less fucks than Miyuki from Mahouka. I wonder whether she's a harmless brocon or a danger zone one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom