Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
- Jun 10, 2008
New rumors(?)...this sounds legit
J-Rock said:Compiling Catus(ESRB info leaker) rumors.
Big One said:
Dreamwriter said:Dreamwriter said:Nope, nor do they rate games that are more than 6 months away from release (he said they had to review the trailer because some of those unannounced games were rated Teen and Mature). So his whole thing is fake.
The ESRB is ALL about rating games. Not videos, not commercials, games. It's not like the movie rating system where move previews get rated. And it costs a few hundred dollars to get them to rate your game, so companies wouldn't voluntarily pay them for something stupid that won't affect anything (parents will see the rating of a trailer at the E3 press conference?)
Well what do ya know, I was wrong!
ESRB said:In fulfilling a key aspect of the self-regulatory mission of the ESRB, the Advertising Review Council (ARC) is responsible for the implementation, administration, and enforcement of advertising guidelines adopted by the interactive entertainment software industry.
Therefore, all materials produced and distributed by a company for promotional purposes (including demos, trailers, or videos), regardless of whether the company paid for media placement, will be considered qualifying advertising and subject to the same standards and review.
When conducting a compliance review, ARC will examine whether an advertisement meets and conforms to the following Principles, with particular focus on whether it satisfies the following core Guidelines. In so doing, ARC will consider both the spirit as well as the specific text of these Principles and Guidelines.
Companies must not specifically target advertising for entertainment software products rated Teen, Mature, or Adults Only to consumers for whom the product is not rated as appropriate.
I'm completely wrong, that last point sounds very much like what Cactus described. Nintendo's games reel supposedly includes Teen and Mature games, so the ESRB would have to review the video to make sure it wasn't trying to sell those specific games to little kids.
antonz said:Round cactus claims to be an ESRB employee who saw a demo reel that Nintendo plans to show.
details of the reel are here
He called Contra etc as far back as may 15th
New rumors(?)...this sounds legit
- Uses a custom IBM triple-core CPU running at 3.6GHz per core
- The development kit contains 1gb RAM, but Nintendo have hinted that the console will actually have 1.5gb
- Nintendo will be releasing games that will run 1080p natively. Sources say that with Nintendos art style and the poewer the system, the games look stunning.
- The system does run on AMD R700 card, but the architecture is slightly different and the clock speeds are much higher.
- The System resembles JPN/EU SNES machines in color only and not in shape
- The development kit is about the size of a 360, not the console
- Close sources say its as if Nintendo is in damage control with 3rd party developers. Nintendo is trying really hard to get 3rd parties on board to develop games and have offered incentives such as not releasing big-title Nintendo games in holiday seasons to compete against 3rd party titles.
- Nintendo went to many 3rd party developers on guidance on what they were after with the new console in terms of system specs, controller and online system.
- Nintendo have been keeping this really quiet and have only given developers controller prototypes to start designing games. However, the final controller build with all the features have only been given to Nintendo 1st and 2nd party developers for now.
- Nintendo had planned on inserting a screen on the controller back when the Gamecube was in development, but opted out due to technology not being advanced enough to be functional
- The controller thats been given to developers has a large 5.7inch hd (960x640pixel) screen, 2 analogue sticks, 4 face buttons, 3 middle buttons (select/home/start in that order), 2 shoulder buttons and 2 triggers.
- The triggers arent as deep as the 360s triggers, but have plenty of push
- The big thing about the screen is that its a multi-touch screen, contains its own battery and is detachable from the controller unit
- The screen when detached contains its own memory so developers can store data on it, so gamers can play whatever the developer designs for the screen-only use
- When the screen is attached to the controller it works by streaming content directly from the console
- Nintendo are giving developers ideas other than just having it function as a quick menu screen for games while attached, or as a simple tamagochi-like mini-game when detached
- The controller contains a gyroscope, but motion controls isnt the focus of the controller like it was for the Wii
- Nintendo will release a Mario platformer as a launch title which hasnt been done since the N64.
- The Mario platformer looks to be the spiritual successor to Mario 64.
- Gamefreak and EAD are hard at work developing a Pokemon online RPG.
- The Pokemon RPG is not an MMO, but does have a large online emphasis and will be Nintendos flagship title when showing off the online capabilities of the console.
- There will be at least one new IP Nintendo will reveal at E3.
- Nintendo is working on a new Zelda, but didnt reveal anything to developers.
- Some developers have had the Wii 2 dev kit for going on 2 years now. When the Wii 2 is released in late, thats 3 years to develop games on.
- Because of such generous development time, Nintendo have pushed 3rd parties to develop high quality games to be released at or near launch.
- Nintendo have sourced an external company to develop their online network, which the developer has commented, surpasses both the PS3 and 360 in terms of speed and functionality.
- Nintendo is pushing for the console to be online 24/7 and have seamless online integration with many of their games
- Friend codes are confirmed to be gone
- Nintendo has been toying with the idea of a game where the main character is your Mii
- Nintendo will be pushing their Pokemon RPG to showcase their online network
- Rockstar are supposedly hard at work in bringing on of their most popular titles to the console.
User33 said:Alright, so I know this came from 4chan. I know there's a 99.99% chance this is fake. I just want to know what people think about the idea of an open world Mario
Again, this is most likely fake. I just want to know if people would be open to the idea should Nintendo decide to take the Mario series in that direction. The link was only posted in order to provide a basis for what the game might be like.