• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Games with Gold - Rayman Legends (X1), Tomb Raider and BS: Infinite (360)

Played, completed and immensely enjoyed all 3 of these games.

Rayman Legends is absolutely fantastic. Possibly my favourite game of 2013. Everything about it was exceptionally fun. Looking forward to booting it up again, but on my One this time.

Bioshock Infinite was also a contender for game of the year in 2013. Only played through that once, pretty rushed too because I borrowed it from a friend. So now I can go back and enjoy it at a more methodical pace.

Tomb Raider is the only game I have completed on both the 360 and One and I very much enjoyed both times. My save file on the One did just randomly disappear at one stage though and I had to start all over again. Apparently that has happened to a lot of people. Hopefully it has now been sorted and others won't have to suffer it.

All in all, I'm very impressed with this batch of games. Keep it up, MS.

Nice to see them step up the Games with Gold programming. So do we reckon we'll be looking at one retail and one digital title per month from here on out?

Ha, I already own all three, bummer (that's actually pretty much three months in a row). Still, I'm a bit excited to finally get Rayman on X1. That game is amazing, and I'd love to play it again.

Derpyduck

Banned
Great game. Bought it on PS4 early last year and it really helped pass those early months when the console had pretty much nothing but TR and Resogun that were worth a damn. The platinum trophy was a bitch though.

MacBosse

Wow this is a great offering!

I wonder if MS will go back to smaller games after this retail offering on X1? I'm hoping not but ... hmmm ... don't want to disappoint myself.

Footos22

Already finished rayman 100% apart form the bullshit grind that is the that one trophy. on PS3 and Vita, and also did everythign on the wii u

i guess ill play it again lol

SPCTRE

Great month for GwG.

Rayman Legends was said to be generally easier than Rayman Origins, right?

I remember those chase sequences in Origins being pretty challenging back when I was playing that game with the fiancé.

Feindflug

Great month for GwG.

I remember those chase sequences in Origins being pretty challenging back when I was playing that game with the fiancé.

It's much easier than Origins and an inferior game overall IMO, still a very good game though.

But yeah it's a decent month for GwG, Legends and Infinite are good games.

Akai__

Dumb question I know, but anyways:

Does anyone know how hard the Rayman Achievements are? If they are easy, I'll 100% the game on my main account. If they aren't I'll just play through the game on an other account.

Footos22

Dumb question I know, but anyways:

Does anyone know how hard the Rayman Achievements are? If they are easy, I'll 100% the game on my main account. If they aren't I'll just play through the game on an other account.

All easy apart from one where you basically have to grind daily/weekly challenges forever unless you are good enough to get a gold/diamond on each one. You will probably be bored of the game before you get anywhere close. but its an easy 90 odd percent anyway

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Already played through the 360 games on PS3 a while back, but it'll be nice to have them in my collection again. Rayman Legends really makes the month for me, as the Bone offerings haven't been up my alley, with Volgar being the sole exception.

Now for April, I sure hope by "double the games", they actually mean NEW games, and not just adding to this month's games.

nib95

Banned
Very solid list of games. I loved Rayman Legends and Bioshock Infinite, and very much enjoyed Tomb Raider. For anyone who hasn't played any of these games, you're in for a treat!

impact

Banned
Oh cool. I haven't tried any of the modern Rayman games, yet.

Pick up Rayman Origins my man. Better to play before Legends imo, they're both great but Origins is quite a bit greater.

Great on MS to deliver this though! That's a great "free" game if I've ever seen one.

Akai__

All easy apart from one where you basically have to grind daily/weekly challenges forever unless you are good enough to get a gold/diamond on each one. You will probably be bored of the game before you get anywhere close. but its an easy 90 odd percent anyway

Doesn't sound too bad. Thanks for the answer. :)

Montresor

anyone "on the fence" about a free game really has a tight schedule.

I've skipped out on plenty of free games. I have a full-time job, and multiple hobbies - I'm selective about what I play, even if the game is free. My free time isn't just spent playing games; right now I watch hockey, read book 2 of game of thrones, hang out with with my brother, watch a Netflix movie here and there, go to the cinema, etc... Only a limited amount of time to play games. I didn't play Dishonored when it was free with GWG because hey, I'm not interested in first-person stealth games.

I didn't touch Crimson Dragon either when it was free - I'm not interested at all in shoot-em-ups.

blazeuk

Looking forward to trying Rayman, the 360 games are great choices too but sadly anyone who also has PS+ will have got those a while back. Hopefully the BS Inifinite DLC will go on sale at some point too though.

Massa

I've skipped out on plenty of free games. I have a full-time job, and multiple hobbies - I'm selective about what I play, even if the game is free. My free time isn't just spent playing games; right now I watch hockey, read book 2 of game of thrones, hang out with with my brother, watch a Netflix movie here and there, go to the cinema, etc... Only a limited amount of time to play games. I didn't play Dishonored when it was free with GWG because hey, I'm not interested in first-person stealth games.

I didn't touch Crimson Dragon either when it was free - I'm not interested at all in shoot-em-ups.

Just to be clear, if you claimed those games when they were free you can still play them. This isn't like Netflix.

Good bunch of games. I been trying to get through Infinite on ps3 since it was part of PS+. Might just start again on 360.
Probably just need to force myself through it. It just drags on and on...

Great, Rayman games are awesome. I have played through TR and Bioshock, but now is good time to buy dlc for infinite, since my friend still haven't returned my copy of it.

Hopefully in April we get maybe Ryse or Garden warfare. Or both!

Chris1

Wow this is a great offering!

I wonder if MS will go back to smaller games after this retail offering on X1? I'm hoping not but ... hmmm ... don't want to disappoint myself.

Definitely, there just isn't enough games that can be given out yet, at least not when you remove the obvious ones that won't be, like cod, gta, sports games.. I guess you could possibly even add EA games here now though EA games are a weird one and could still make it to GWG but I guess it would depend how much value it's offering to EA access at the time, etc

That said though I don't think we have seen the last of retail games this year after Rayman, but I wouldn't expect it to become a monthly thing either. I'm guessing April will get a retail game if they're doing the double games thing, then again in June to celebrate E3. After that I imagine it'll probably go back to smaller indie titles for a while and let the big AAA releases take over.

But who knows, maybe MS will surprise us again, I didn't think we would get a retail game this early either.

AppleBlade

Awesome. I purchased an Xbox Live subscription (when it went on sale for $40) despite not owning a 360 or Xbox One at the moment. This combined with Playstation Plus (I own a Vita, PS3, & PS4) has pretty much made it so I always have something new to play without having to go buy it. The only games I buy now are Steam games when they go on sale for super cheap or the occasional Nintendo game.

Derpyduck

Banned
Great month for GwG.

The best parts of Origins are extras in Rayman Legends, so you're getting a much better game with Legends. The music challenges at the end of the game will provide a ton of challenge as well.

Anyone who digs some local multiplayer or simple but super competitive games, IDARB will still be free too.

And IDARB is goddamn amazing.

Of all of the free offerings on PS+ and XBL this gen, this is the first game that I haven't played and am actually excited to download. Rayman Legens always looked awesome and I almost bought it several times.

And if you still have a 360 and haven't played TR or Bioshock Infinite, those are awesome freebies.

superjona

Guys, is Worms: Battleground still downloadable for free?

I might pick up an Xbox Live Gold sub online before my XOne arrives.

Top Bottom