• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Why do this before Mania?

I guess to build up Shane as a credible threat I guess. Look, I don't think anyone doubts that Shane won't bust his ass to put on an entertaining match, but the build for this match has not been great.
I don't mind AJ trying to come across as a coward because he's not getting any sort of heel reaction otherwise. He'll do whatever is necessary. He's going to RAW next draft anyway.

AJ fought John Cena without fear, fought Roman Reigns without fear, the two most kayfabe strong people on the main roster. He was willing to fight Bray 'let's rub some ashes on my face and get my clique to go stalk Orton' Wyatt at Wrestlemania.

But yeah, Shane McMahon is the fucking person he's afraid of.

AJ fought John Cena without fear, fought Roman Reigns without fear, the two most kayfabe strong people on the main roster. He was willing to fight Bray 'let's rub some ashes on my face and get my clique to go stalk Orton' Wyatt at Wrestlemania.

But yeah, Shane McMahon is the fucking person he's afraid of.

Shane jumps off cells to try and win matches, surely that's the kind of insanity you fear.
Sister Abi-who?

I think its more will take an ass kicking and keep going kind of tough. You only need remember that Angle match, I dont know how Shane is even still alive after that thing.

That wasn't the tough we saw tonight.

Tonight it was I don't want to mess with you tough.

Shane should not be that kind of tough.

I don’t mind Shane doing his thing but booking him as actually tough is too much
Shane's character is more or less bad wrestler but someone who can take a lot of shit. The problem is when they book him like he's a competent wrestler because it's the dumbest shit ever. Like last year how the match with Taker had shit like him reversing the Hell's Gate into a Sharpshooter.

galvatron

Shane's character is more or less bad wrestler but someone who can take a lot of shit. The problem is when they book him like he's a competent wrestler because it's the dumbest shit ever. Like last year how the match with Taker had shit like him reversing the Hell's Gate into a Sharpshooter.

BJJ son!

Again though that shouldn't make you scared of Shane... I'm fine with resilient toughness but not don't want none toughness from Shane.

Holy fuck I've fucked him up but he won't die toughness is fine

Holy fuck he's gonna fuck me up toughness is not

I honestly think he's not doing anything crazy like jumping off a cage this year.

At worst, he'll do that elbow through the announcer's table.
Yeah, probably. This match needs a stipulation though because AJ vs Shane in a straight up wrestling match sounds like piss.

Ambrose vs Corbin makes me think that unless it gets a stipulation, it's gonna be a pre-show match.

somedevil

This match has to have a stipulation that you know helps Shane cause this feels like the Angle match again. In which he has an opponent where everyone knows he can't beat him straight up in a one one match.

Both of them are crazy so I expect some insane crap. Maybe even a spinal tap.

edit: Seems Pollock was a fan of those total bella sketches:

Live Audio Wrestling‏Verified account @LAWradio 13m13 minutes ago
More
1. Total Bella BS
2. Southpaw

that slow walk of AJ heading towards the ring was like a slap on the face they knew what they were doing, we all thought someone else would attack AJ before he even got to the ring lol

that slow walk of AJ heading towards the ring was like a slap on the face they knew what they were doing, we all thought someone else would attack AJ before he even got to the ring lol
I thought something would happen with the set up of Shane's plan. I thought he'd jump AJ. But no, Rhyno and Heath showed, and Shane just 'snuck attack' his way into the building.

Making AJ look scared of Shane is beyond the pale.

Horrible, horrible shit. Dude carried SD in part as it changed to a live broadcast, now they ruin his character for a McMahon vanity match.

Nobody should ever be afraid of Shane, dude's a non-wrestler who dresses like a goober. I mean Vince wrestling is pretty dumb but at least his look is that of a crazed boss who doesn't need to follow the rules so he juices the shit out of himself to get the upper hand.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Gulak's misogyny gimmick didn't get over so now he's trying a Bobby Roode gimmick? He's got the theme for it at least.

Tagyhag

Yeah, probably. This match needs a stipulation though because AJ vs Shane in a straight up wrestling match sounds like piss.

Ambrose vs Corbin makes me think that unless it gets a stipulation, it's gonna be a pre-show match.

Have AJ have to fight with his arms tied behind his back after beating the living shit out of Shane the Smackdown before Mania

Then he still wins. (Because he's fucking AJ Styles)

But as he comes up the ramp...

IcZhQ5T.gif

Top Bottom