• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marianne Williamson drops out of Presidential Race for Democratic nomination.

Digital Gex

Feb 20, 2019
So you may have forgotten who this was and if you do remember you may be thinking how she was able to last this long. The answer is people started buying her books tripping sales once she started running, and it seems the well has finally run dry, so time to quit.

To be fair, she was actually trying to run earlier when it seemed like she had a chance with increasing poll numbers despite her weird evil energy nonsense at the debates, but then she started pushing her books at every campaign event and it became really obvious why she continued to stay in the race. I wonder how many millions she made?

Marianne Williamson, the self-help author and spiritual guru who became a viral sensation in the first Democratic primary debates before fizzling out, announced on Friday that she is ending her bid for president.

"I ran for president to help forge another direction for our country. I wanted to discuss things I felt needed to be discussed that otherwise were not. I feel that we have done that," she said in a post on her website. "I stayed in the race to take advantage of every possible effort to share our message."

However, she said, "with caucuses and primaries now about to begin ... we will not be able to garner enough votes in the election to elevate our conversation any more than it is now. The primaries might be tightly contested among the top contenders, and I don’t want to get in the way of a progressive candidate winning any of them. As of today, therefore, I’m suspending my campaign."
Story Continued Below

Williamson, a onetime spiritual adviser to Oprah Winfrey whose only other bid for office was a fourth-place finish in a 2014 California congressional primary, made a name for herself with an unconventional — and meme-able — pair of appearances in the party’s first debates of the 2020 cycle. She quickly came under harsh scrutiny, however, for her past skepticism toward vaccines and antidepressants.

Keep an eye on on news about her buying a mansion or two.

Pumpkin Seeds

Jul 13, 2018
I will miss Marianne

Wish Rogan would host a debate/discussion with her, Tulsi, Yang and Bernie. I want it because A) it would be more interesting than the regular debates and B) the rest of the field would complain they're being unfairly left out with zero awareness of how hilarious that complaint happens to be.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
I hope she runs third party in the general so that she siphons votes and become a target for the Russian conspiracy kooks like Stein did in 2016.

Reactions: JordanN

weirder

Sep 11, 2019
the Eye in the Triangle
"with caucuses and primaries now about to begin ... we will not be able to garner enough votes in the election to elevate our conversation any more than it is now. The primaries might be tightly contested among the top contenders, and I don’t want to get in the way of a progressive candidate winning any of them."
Elevating the national conversation to advance the process and understanding of a 'theosophical' perspective always appeared to be one of her primary intentions. Her run was enlightening on that status in America. It was good she did this with her own run rather than as a barker for another politician. She did well(even exceeded expectation) and provided anyone following a similar run in the future insight.

FreedomGate

Mental Gymnastics 🥇Gold Medalist🥇
Oct 10, 2018
www.kickstarter.com
I hope she runs third party in the general so that she siphons votes and become a target for the Russian conspiracy kooks like Stein did in 2016.
She can't run for anything with no staff. She fired almost all of them about a week or two before she dropped out. She burned those bridges with extra kerosene.

Oct 26, 2018
So you may have forgotten who this was and if you do remember you may be thinking how she was able to last this long. The answer is people started buying her books tripping sales once she started running, and it seems the well has finally run dry, so time to quit.

To be fair, she was actually trying to run earlier when it seemed like she had a chance with increasing poll numbers despite her weird evil energy nonsense at the debates, but then she started pushing her books at every campaign event and it became really obvious why she continued to stay in the race. I wonder how many millions she made?
Andrew Yang is similar.

When he bails ship, just watch as he turns to promoting himself as businessman guest speaker charging $100,000 per hour.