• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario 3D All-Stars Controls

Vawn

Banned
Am I correct in understanding these three games are simple ports with just an increase in resolution?

If so, this kills my hype completely. The main reason I was excited for this was to be able to play Super Mario Galaxy without motion waggle controls.

I was hoping to play SMG on my flight to Mexico coming up on my Switch Lite. If I'm required to bring and use a pair of joycon with my Lite (that doesn't even have a kickstand), forget it.

Also, isn't Super Mario Sunshine pretty dependent on analog triggers for the water pack? How will this translate? And will we need to use a GameCube controller for the full experience?

The lack of news about any graphical improvements is disappointing, but the control scheme is a much bigger concern for me personally.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
You could've just checked the store page. Waggle is optional. Don't forget that Switch Lite has been a thing for a while now. Edit: oh, you said Lite. Yeah, they're not forcing extra Joy-Cons.

Last edited:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I can fucking play Mario Galaxy on Dolphin with an Xbox One controller (and it's arguably an improvement over the Wii-Mote controls)... I'm sure they've figured out a way, I wouldn't worry too much about it. For Sunshine, the controls aren't that hard to adapt at all. Plenty of buttons to work with. But I do agree that I wish there were some enhancements such as locked 60 FPS for Sunshine, or remade visuals for Mario 64. But oh well, here we are.

Top Bottom