• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour - Final Character Roster Revealed (spoilers)

Source: Famitsu

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Wario
Waluigi
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Boo
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.
Mii

Unlockable
Toad
Birdo
Paratroopa
Kamek

I obviously can't post the scans, but I'm excited to play as Birdo and Kamek. The Rosalina fans are going to be salty, but in all honesty, I can't picture her playing sports. Evidently Nintendo agrees with me.

Source: Famitsu

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Wario
Waluigi
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Boo
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.
Mii

Unlockable
Toad
Birdo
Paratroopa
Kamek

I obviously can't post the scans, but I'm excited to play as Birdo and Kamek. The Rosalina fans are going to be salty, but in all honesty, I can't picture her playing sports. Evidently Nintendo agrees with me.

hope shes in the next mario tennis just because i wanna see if shes a skirt or shorts kinda gal.

No Rosalina? Well I'm... surprised. The lack of Luma is also quite surprising as well. All that's needed is Wario and Waluigi anyways, heheh.

...I should really get this game though, as I've never really taken the time to try a Mario Golf title. Though I recall hating the N64 one, ha.

EDIT: Woahwoahwaidaminutewaidaminute... KAMEK? How'd I not notice that??? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Silky

Banned
What's a kamek?

8uJf1yx.jpg

The shithead magikoopa from Yoshi's Island

daydream

Banned
Waluigi is all I need, but Kamek is a neat choice.

Edit: No Shy Guy is a bummer, though. The roster is not as big as I was expecting.

Coming off Mario Tennis I have to ask. What did Rosetta do to Camelot? Did she run over their dog or something.

Though come to think of it her appearing would require her to have a sport costume and I don't think the biker costume from Mario Kart is quite going to cut it...

I guess she could have an aversion to sports and physical activity too.

Kamek finally getting his due outside of the baseball games that everyone turned up in (and I mean everyone, even K.Rool reached that party).
It's been a long road since Kamek got dumped out of MK64 for Wario or whoever stole his thunder.

That aside where the hell is Shyguy?
Not exactly an exciting roster, I would've got a kick out of one of those Mario Golf 64 randomers turning up, "it's a Sonny day!".

Damn, no Rosalina :( ... Kamek is cool though.

Well, I'm going with my bro Boo. Kamek might be cool as well.

Birdo, on the other hand, is complete trash...seriously, any other character would be better in its place.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
...I'm 30. My generation doesn't read fan fiction. We played the games.

I'm 31. Let's not be absurd. I knew who Kamek was when he was sizing up all the Yoshi's Island bosses in 1995.

Back in the day it wasn't the weirdest thing to actually read a manual.

Uh, geez, really?

http://www.mariowiki.com/kamek

Kameks been in all the yoshi island games, near all the mario party games, 3 of the mario and luigi games, both console NSMB games and sticker star.
Not really fanfiction...

Yeah not really fan fiction but enemy names weren't really a thing in the NES and SNES days, other than goomba and koopa.

So it's just funny to me that people think there's something wrong with a new generation of gamers because they supposedly don't know the names of characters in a game.

lewisgone

Cool to see Kamek in. I always thought it was weird how he gets very little representation outside the main games, considering how important he is in Yoshi's Island, and even the main games, when he powers up the bosses.

Maybe Nintendo got a bit defensive after some people mocked them and said Rosalina was Nintendo's Lightning :(

Effect

8uJf1yx.jpg

The shithead magikoopa from Yoshi's Island

Is he different from the magic enemies that shows up in Mario (non-Yoshi) platformers or is it the same person minus the broom?

I am surprised Rosalina isn't in, even as a unlockable. The cast is really male heavy.

Now that I compare it, the characters are mostly the same as the last game (toadstool tour).

The only differences are Birdo got moved to unlockable, koopa troopa, petey piranha and shadow mario got dropped while Bowser JR got moved to the starting cast. The only newcomers are Toad, Paratroopa and Kamek.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Yeah not really fan fiction but enemy names weren't really a thing in the NES and SNES days, other than goomba and koopa.

So it's just funny to me that people think there's something wrong with a new generation of gamers because they supposedly don't know the names of characters in a game.

Not true, look at any of the NES/ SNES era instruction manuals and they have pages dedicated to enemies and their names.

Top Bottom