• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

I haven't checked mine in forever but the only one I know off the top of my head is my record against Prinny which is something like 24 - ∞ :{

Anyone interest in playing MK7 tonight or Saturday. I'm sure that I can tear myself away from Nirvana MK8 for a few moments.
I'm in if people want to! 8 may be great, but MK7 has some of my favorite courses!
I'm really curious to see how the game feels after spending a week with 8. Just getting used to carrying two items again is going to be really interesting.

Smilax

I haven't checked mine in forever but the only one I know off the top of my head is my record against Prinny which is something like 24 - ∞ :{

Anyone interest in playing MK7 tonight or Saturday. I'm sure that I can tear myself away from Nirvana MK8 for a few moments.

I'm in if people want to! 8 may be great, but MK7 has some of my favorite courses!

I guess 7pm EST EDT would be the latest I'd join (that's 1 am for me).
I'll get home as early as I can but before 7PM EDT is a definite.
I'll play but it has to be a time suitable for the queen ie GMT friendly.
The play session that has been happening Saturday's at noon EDT would be most appropriate for all time zones (although it is a bit early for west coast people) but I don't believe it happened last week due to MK8 just launching.

Well this so early it's sure to catch everyone off guard but I opened a lobby.

I'll leave it open until people start to arrive but in the meantime I'll be playing some MK8...

It doesn't mean anything though, MK8 and I are just friends!

I just got so cheesed. That was the proper path for that shortcut and it said I went out of bounds. I may have been too high since I've never used this cloud before :/

For turns without a wall, try lining up your inner wheel with the edge of the corner. You actually have a lot of room for error before you slow down/fall off.

ffdgh

Err...wasn't expecting this to start so early. Oh well back to 8.
KuGsj.gif

Jucksalbe

Banned
It was fun. MK7 feels a bit slower than 8, but I kinda missed the 3D effect in 8. I really had to get used again to not throwing away my items before an item box, though.

Is Peach bad in this game or something?
Not really.

It's more like there are certain characters that if you have a room full of them, things become hilarious pretty quickly. Peach is definitely one of those characters. There's just something about her voice clips...

EDIT: MM > Heavy >> Light > Feather >>>>>>>> Cruiser > Middle

Chinbo37

Man I really enjoy this game. I dont really play online, just single player GP but its pretty fun. I finished off 150 cc with all 3 stars and now moving onto Mirror mode.

I never played any Mario Kart game on a portable, so no DS or Advance.

If I like 7, should I go on to play Wii? I have it but never really played it cause I hated tilt controls and I never knew that you could change them.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Well, if you already own it, then just try it again. It's quite a bit different from MK7, though. My favorite control method is Wiimote+Nunchuck, so maybe try it with that.

Chinbo37

Ok something that really bugs me about Mario Kart 7.

Remember in SNES Mario Kart after you win it shows the screen first with the times of everyone, and for those that were still racing their times didnt show up until they crossed the finish line. If you played on 50 cc you could like lap half the field and their times woudl not show by the time you moved onto the next screen.

The point is that after you finish, the other characters keep racing.

In Mario Kart 7 I hate it when, if you for example drop a banana peel before hte finish line, and you manage to hit the second place guy, with the third place just behind him. If you cross the finish line then the second place guy still finishes second, even though the third place guy normally woudl have passed him.

Something small but it does bug me cause sometimes the second place guy is your rival and it feels good to screw him/her lol.

Elija2

Ok something that really bugs me about Mario Kart 7.

Remember in SNES Mario Kart after you win it shows the screen first with the times of everyone, and for those that were still racing their times didnt show up until they crossed the finish line. If you played on 50 cc you could like lap half the field and their times woudl not show by the time you moved onto the next screen.

The point is that after you finish, the other characters keep racing.

In Mario Kart 7 I hate it when, if you for example drop a banana peel before hte finish line, and you manage to hit the second place guy, with the third place just behind him. If you cross the finish line then the second place guy still finishes second, even though the third place guy normally woudl have passed him.

Something small but it does bug me cause sometimes the second place guy is your rival and it feels good to screw him/her lol.

Yeah, that bugs me too. I think Super Mario Kart is the only one that doesn't do that.

Top Bottom