• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Prinny

There is an haunted wall near the end of the turn that has a grudge against me. Sometime it move to attack me! I think Greg's spirit is inside it.

I swear, I'm not crazy!

Edit: Thank god that green shell hit you. (rock rock)

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Your green shell fudged up my shortcut after the ramp. I'll have to avenge myself later since my show is on right now. Fun games though!

There is an haunted wall near the end of the turn that has a grudge against me. Sometime it move to attack me! I think Greg's spirit is inside it.

I swear, I'm not crazy!
Uh huh.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Trying to join an online race and the current LIVE feed is the weirdest thing ever. The guy I'm following is spinning on the spot, drifting in circles and bumping around like a ball in a pinball machine.

Picked up a bunch of games for my newly purchased 3DS. This was one of them. Only played the first cup and 1 online game (came in 2nd lol). Great game.

Here's my FC if anyone is looking for another MK friend (or any other games):

0001-4214-2777

I am heading to a large anime convention next week and I'm expecting to get at least 100+ streetpasses for this game over an entire weekend. Thing is, I only just bought this game a few weeks ago and the amount of time it takes to play one Grand Prix from my current streetpasses take up a lot of time. Does anyone know what happens to older streetpasses/spotpasses when it gets overloaded?

Korosenai

I'm going for the golden wheel right now, can I just set my view to the gyro controls, but then use the stick to drive? or do I have to use gryo?

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going for the golden wheel right now, can I just set my view to the gyro controls, but then use the stick to drive? or do I have to use gryo?

To quote the Mario wiki on MK7:
MK7Wiki said:
The Gold Steering Wheel can be unlocked by racing 100 races using gyro-controls for 80% of the time. The golden steering wheel is lost once 20 races are played without gyro controls.

Also, I am very late to this party, does anyone want to play with me or know the community number for this?

Prinny

I miss you Mario Kart :(

Open lobby with 2 [21:40 EST]

Edit: Noooooo!

Edit2: Yesssss!

Edit3: Yes banana!

Edit4: I still love you tanooki tail <3

Edit5: So close Medley, so close :p (shy guy bazar)

Edit6: Good games Medley!

I miss you Mario Kart :(

Open lobby with 2 [21:40 EST]

Edit: Noooooo!

Edit2: Yesssss!

Edit3: Yes banana!

Edit4: I still love you tanooki tail <3

Edit5: So close Medley, so close :p (shy guy bazar)

Edit6: Good games Medley!

Yes, It was certainly some good games. I was on the e-shop for random reasons and I saw you and I was like, "Pfff, why not?". It's sad though, I kept getting my stylus out because I'm so used to KI. I was SO MAD on shy guy bazar. I had that then just... ARGH.

So, I just got the game today. After playing a 50cc GP to adjust to the new controls and mechanics (fuck the coins, man. Just fuck them), I jumped right in and went for 150cc in order to unlock the characters. Beat the first 3 retro cups, but holy shit, I swear to god that AI is terribly cheap yet again.

I will be so happy once I never will have to touch that mode's difficulty ever again, lol.

Also, I only played Mushroom Cup so far on the new tracks - aside from Shy Guy Bazaar, I'm unimpressed. Please tell me the courses get better. Furthermore, I am baffled at how they were able to add the 3 worst courses of MKWii in this game. Maple Treeway, Coconut Mall AND Mushroom Gorge? Really, Nintendo? Where's my Daisy Boulevard? At least Koopa Cape is fun.
Do love the new mechanical additions to the retro courses though, really amazing what they did to some of them.

Finally, I was playing lotsa MKDS before getting MK7, and is it just me or does the game feel much more sluggish than MKDS? :[

clemenx

Banned
There's always a dumb person choosing Maka Wuhu but once I started getting people with +8-9k VR points regulary the worldwide races are fun and the Maka Wuhu spamming decreases a lot.

I think I'll go back to playing online once the patch hits. I initially stopped playing two or three weeks after the release (which didn't have anything to do with the shortcut, I was simply moving on to the next game), and everytime I wanted to come back to the game I always hesitated because of the glitch.

But now that they are able to patch Mario Kart I really wish they would not just do the bare minimum and fix what's broken, but actually take other feedback into consideration and overhaul other parts of the game, too. Even DLC shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Of course, that will never happen. Nintendo loves doing the bare minimum.

There's always a dumb person choosing Maka Wuhu but once I started getting people with +8-9k VR points regulary the worldwide races are fun and the Maka Wuhu spamming decreases a lot.

And it's too bad, since I think Maka Wuhu is a fun race in itself.

Should we set up a doodle or something like that for playing ? I like to race with fellow gaffers :(

entremet

Can't wait for the patch. I had a couple of guys in my WW matches constantly spamming Maka Wuhu. Dumb shits.

Prinny

Where is that evil half-penguin ''holy'' guy? I haven't seen him for a while.

Edit: I guess I should thank the water/geyser? :p

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Where is that evil half-penguin ''holy'' guy? I haven't seen him for a while.

Edit: I guess I should thank the water/geyser? :p
I thought I had time to spare if i went around the long way while you were down. Guess not !
KuGsj.gif

edit: Damn you train, dam you straight to Hell!
LLShC.gif

Golden shrooms love me :)
Dude, I had so much riding on that banana-- Why didn't you run into it

entremet

Got the game recently and I'm trying to 3 star all the cups. I need my 3 star icon! Gotta love how blue shells come like clock work at the final section of the final race of the final lap. Just great!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Sorry to waste electrons asking a question that may or may not have been addressed before, but how much of an improvement is MK7 from the Wii game? Because, while I liked the DS iteration, the Wii one was a steaming pile of shit. The reviews indicate that they fixed the unbelievable amount of annoying shit in some of the more recent games, which sounds like good news.

I know Retro Studios was somehow involved in this one, so I have high hopes, but I dunno...

Kokonoe

Banned
Sorry to waste electrons asking a question that may or may not have been addressed before, but how much of an improvement is MK7 from the Wii game? Because, while I liked the DS iteration, the Wii one was a steaming pile of shit. The reviews indicate that they fixed the unbelievable amount of annoying shit in some of the more recent games, which sounds like good news.

I know Retro Studios was somehow involved in this one, so I have high hopes, but I dunno...

It may not seem it from the videos, but it's certainly a big improvement over the Wii version. And I share your opinion that the Wii one isn't that great.

It's a worthwhile purchase for the 3DS as a game you can play whenever.

Top Bottom