• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Best selling game in UK in April

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/mario-kart-8-deluxe-wins-uk-april-chart-race/0182157

Here's the April 2017 Top 20 in full:

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo)
2. Ghost Recon: Wildlands (Ubisoft)
3. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
4. LEGO Worlds (Warner Bros)
5. FIFA 17 (EA)
6. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (nintendo)
7. Persona 5 (Atlus)
8. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (Activision)
9. Mass Effect: Andromeda (EA)
10. Rocket League (505 Games)
11. Overwatch (Blizzard)
12. Horizon Zero Dawn (Sony)
13. LEGO City Undercover (Warner Bros)
14. Forza Horizon 3 (Microsoft)
15. WWE 2K17 (2K Games)
16. Battlefield 1 (EA)
17. Yooka-Laylee (Team 17)
18. Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 (CI Games)
19. For Honor (Ubisoft)
20. Minecraft: Xbox Edition (Microsoft)

Crazy for 3 days sales

#1 In Germany as well

MK8D is top selling game for April in Germany as well, Zelda is 5th

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is top selling game for April in Germany according to Bild:
1) MK8D
2) Ghost Recond
3) Horizon Zero Dawn
4) GTA V
5) BotW

Very impressive hold for Horizon Zero Dawn as well

luigi-death-stare-meme-mario-kart-8-10.gif

Thatanas

Funny how the source put SONY behind Breath of the Wild.

Good for Nintendo though, this is impressive for 3 days on the market.

noshten

Impressive considering it's the UK one of the weakest countries for Nintendo. How much did MK Wii sale in the UK?

Also Zelda's second month in the UK is a great hold for a SP Nintendo game. Should be fairly high in the monthly charts for US, Germany, France and Spain. Perhaps even #2 in the NPD if Nintendo shipped majority of Switches in the US.
Its is in 5th place in Japan for 27 March - 30 April period with MK8D, MH and Fire Emblem Echoes taking the top 3 spots

oti

Banned
Now thinking about it, isn't it a bit weird Nintendo doesn't do Special Editions with Mario Kart? To that end, where are Mario Kart amiibo? Too expensive to manufacture or what?

entremet

Now thinking about it, isn't it a bit weird Nintendo doesn't do Special Editions with Mario Kart? To that end, where are Mario Kart amiibo? Too expensive to manufacture or what?
Have they done SEs for any Mario game?

Zedark

Nintendo Switch sold less software than PS4 and XB1 (which makes sense I guess):

MCV said:
In terms of unit sales by format and format value, Nintendo Switch raced ahead of all competition bar market leader PS4 and second place Xbox One, which maintain their grip on the software market. On a regional basis, however, Switch outsold its rivals in some areas of the country.

Edit: My reading is off this morning, XB1 and PS4 both were ahead of Switch.

Mario Kart 8 came out before Amiibo were announced and
They usually just bundle Mario Kart, so who knows.

I did remember getting a special Gamecube disc/thing for buying Double Dash. That's the only "special edition", if you even want to call it that, I can think off

? Mario Kart using the smash amiibo gives those amiibo values lol. More amiibo should have mutilple usage.

Hasney

? Mario Kart using the smash amiibo gives those amiibo values lol. More amiibo should have mutilple usage.

I wish they could have ported more over tbh. My Waluigi Amiibo only works on that 3DS Mario Party game. It should do something, even if it crashed the game.

Ladekabel

With "special edition" do you mean something like a limited edition? Because Mario Kart 8 had one on Wii U with a blue shell figure.

TM_WiiU_MarioKart_Bundle_PEGI3.png

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Nintendo Switch also sold more software during April than XB1, but less than PS4:

If I'm reading it correctly, it was still behind PS4 and Xbox One, nation-wide, with some regions showing different results.

Mario Kart 8 came out before Amiibo were announced and
They usually just bundle Mario Kart, so who knows.

I did remember getting a special Gamecube disc/thing for buying Double Dash. That's the only "special edition", if you even want to call it that, I can think off

If anything they'll bundle those wheel things

oti

Banned
With "special edition" do you mean something like a limited edition? Because Mario Kart 8 had one on Wii U with a blue shell figure.

TM_WiiU_MarioKart_Bundle_PEGI3.png

Ha, yeah. Something like that. So they did one for Wii U, but none for Switch. I'm sure they're working on Mario Kart amiibo though, right? Would be a bit weird if not. Maybe they can make them actual little toys, like the plush Yoshi amiibo.

correojon

Ha, yeah. Something like that. So they did one for Wii U, but none for Switch. I'm sure they're working on Mario Kart amiibo though, right? Would be a bit weird if not. Maybe they can make them actual little toys, like the plush Yoshi amiibo.

I wouldn´t be surprised if we got a MK8 bundle in Fall. I´m betting on that or Splatoon 2, which Nintendo seems to want to give a big push. Also, the MK8 bundle for WiiU also gave you a free game of your choice from a selection (I got TW101 this way :) ). Not a special edition, but it´s something.

Kudo

Software starving Switch games are selling? What a twist.
Yes, this is sarcasm from the other thread.

Kill3r7

How?? It has such a small user base and came out at the end of April.

MK8 sold over 8M copies on the WiiU which is easily the best attach rate of any game released in recent memory. So not that surprising. It is a massive franchise. Also April was a slow month with Persona 5 being the only other release of note.

Soph

Nintendo Switch sold less software than PS4 and XB1 (which makes sense I guess):

Edit: My reading is off this morning, XB1 and PS4 both were ahead of Switch.

Weird sentence, Nintendo raced ahead of all competition bar all competition.

Top Bottom