• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is native 1080p 60fps 1-2 players, 1080p 30fps 3-4 players

Just confirmed in the treehouse stream, little sad they didn't cut the resolution down instead but 30fps with more than 2 players is the norm for Mario Kart.

For reference the Wii U was 720p 60fps for 1-2 and 720p 30fps for 3-4.

250px-MK8_Deluxe_-_Box_NA.png

E3dkIV4c_lab74sXZkjZcIfbhFE4p74n.jpg

Clefargle

Well shucks

Was wondering about this in the original thread

Was hoping the switch could handle 4 player 1080p 60fps

FelipeMGM

Using this thread to get a question answered about MK. Someone sent me this pic, is it real or photoshop? Even with 4 Switches the screen is split between four, like WTF

C2ENypwXAAACaE2.jpg

EDIT:
You can definitely have your own screen when playing locally or online. Either this screen is simulated or it's another option. Don't worry.

I'm unsure. You have that with that, but you also have this

multiplayer2.jpg

I think the first must just be an error

73V3N

Banned
played so many hours of MK8 on wii u, I don't feel like i need to buy this, but good for the people that skipped the wii u i guess

luffeN

Using this thread to get a question answered about MK. Someone sent me this pic, is it real or photoshop? Even with 4 Switches the screen is split between four, like WTF

Every screen is the same. I don't think that you will be able to see where the other players are on your screen.

Really stupid not to go with 60 fps in 3-4 player splitscreen and lower resolution.

Double Dash is the only entry that did it right.

JoeM86

C2ENypwXAAACaE2.jpg

I'm unsure. You have that with that, but you also have this

multiplayer2.jpg

I think the first must just be an error

Xdrive05

Looking forward to that 1080p!

Nintendo art in full HD will be great on the Switch. Or even 900p for Zelda. Quite a bit sharper than 720.

wapplew

It's incredible a mobile chip produce such high quality graphic in 60fps. Wonder how much power from our phone chip gone wasted.

Dystify

C2ENypwXAAACaE2.jpg

You can definitely have your own screen when playing locally or online. Either this screen is simulated or it's another option. Don't worry.

Top Bottom