• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 getting a red case in NA? Claims nintendo.com

Ryk8ifgqkHePkBqTZcbW_NF5YB2oMJER.png

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/RCjxReZwSFsFfyaXGGxYdozPmEqZOkwq

Umm, random? Shame they didn't make the banner red if that's the... case.

Bgamer90

Banned
Completely clashes with the blue in the Wii U logo and the "8" in the Mario Kart 8 logo.

Just keep it blue. Stop trying to be fancy. :)

Rootbeer

Banned
i'm game for them switching up the case colors -- green for luigi bros, maybe gold for the next zelda... but this isn't the best choice.

L~A

This.... really doesn't look good. I'm always all for different colours for boxes, but not when the default colour fits perfectly... which is the case here with Mario Kart 8. Seriously, what is Nintendo of America doing, huh? :p

Glass Joe

A minor shame, because the cover art is actually pretty cool. They need to do a red banner as others suggested, or just stick with a blue case.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I like red, so I like it. But the Wii U logo should be red, too.

Huh? That's clearly a European copy of the game (USK and round Seal), but I'm pretty sure the case was actually black for MKDD in Europe. All copies of MKDD I saw (including mine) were in black case. Was this limited run or what?

Mine is red, and I am from Europe. No idead was it limited. I think I bought mine Day One

Arooguy

That looks terrible. It makes more sense for Mario Kart 7 because both the Mario Kart and 3DS logos have red in them so it complements it, but the 8 in Mario Kart 8 is already blue and the Wii U logo has blue in it. It's so basic that of course Nintendo of America can't figure it out.

Looks hilariously bad, if they do manage to release it like this first mario kart game I ever skip regardless how fun the actual game looks. NoA should be embarassed, this incompetant mess. Sad to say I might not be picking this up just because the case is red...

Zing

Banned
This does look horrible.

I noticed that Nintendo retroactively changed all the previous DS Mario games to a red case. NSMB and Mario Kart. Maybe they are actually trying to be consistent here.

Top Bottom