• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 : Limited Edition Bundle exclusive to NintendoWorld

Oxn

Well i live in NYC

How do i pre order? Go to the store? Does it start now? Also besides the blue shell. Why are people going crazy for this?

Its the same damn thing

I thought you guys hated the blue shell.

Do they have an online store?

Fuck.
Ironically the Pokemon Center that stood in the same place as Nintendo World had an online store and would ship across America. Progress, eh.

Wait there's not a store at the Redmond HQ is there? Can't be I would have heard of it.
I was under the impression there was some sort of store but it was employees only.

Oxn

you answered your own question

So just buy the normal Bundle and ebay the Blue shell.

If they had made like something really special then cool, like a Red Wii-U or something, but its just the added Shell, which you can get elsewhere.

Edit: Oh wait, I thought this was the Mart Kart 8 Bundled with Wii-U because the box looked so big.

Hmm I may go pick up a few if its just the game, and only $60.

daxgame

That's weird.
You can preorder that in any Gamestop here in PAL land... (actually, you can't anymore here but, well, you could)

This is a good way to start a mini-frenzy, but I would argue that this is not a sound business/marketing decision. I really do not understand Nintendo of America, and I do not know why it exists.

Aint that bout a bitch!

This is going to be a thing and a half to get one of these now.

Thanks, Obama Iwata!

No I do not understand this bullshit!

how much is it? $69.99 or $79.99

someone pick me up a copy please :3 or if i can pre order over the phone i would take a bus to get it(i live in boston)

dat mario kart fever :p

Oxn

So do I go to the store to pre-order now? Or is it where I have to wait on line during their early release at 8pm?

If its the latter, then forget it. I rather pre-order at the store, and then pick it up on the 30th after i get off work.

Or...... is this edition the only edition NOA is selling, as opposed to being Limited in the store? Cause in that case I'll just pick it up the 30th.

prateeko

So do I go to the store to pre-order now? Or is it where I have to wait on line during their early release at 8pm?

If its the latter, then forget it.

Probably just go by now.

And while you're there, throw one in for me ;)

No seriously, I'll lay someone to obtain a copy for me. I'll be in NYC in to couple weekends but I doubt they'll still be open for preorders at tha t time

Oxn

Probably just go by now.

And while you're there, throw one in for me ;)

No seriously, I'll lay someone to obtain a copy for me. I'll be in NYC in to couple weekends but I doubt they'll still be open for preorders at tha t time

As long as I dont need to wait on line for the nighttime release I might buy a few, if they allow.

I dont even have a Wii-U yet.

I took today off from work. I might just leave in 30minutes and head to the store.
Hmmmmmmm.

Het_Nkik

If anyone living in New York wants to do me a favor and pre-order one for me/pick it up for me once it's out/ship it to me, send me a PM.

prateeko

If anyone living in New York wants to do me a favor and pre-order one for me/pick it up for me once it's out/ship it to me, send me a PM.

I imagine any and all NYC GAFers are about too make a lot of friends. I know I'd gladly reward someone for the trouble of roe reordering a copy for me. It is, however, ridiculous that you cannot order online and have it shipped since there is literally only one store in America...

baekshi

Banned
How much would you guys pay and how much would this cost?

I don't use Paypal since they locked me out of the account years ago.

Eh, I was planning on heading home to NYC this weekend for Mother's Day and then changed my mind. I guess it serves me right for bailing out on my mom like that :(

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Seems to be the same as the EU LE : you get the Blue Shell figure. Obviously, it's NA-only since... well... the only Nintendo World (besides the one at NoA HQ) is in New York.

Launch even too :

Source : Twitter

tumblr_inline_mzfenvmdg01stlaq0.gif

uberluigi

Banned
Wait they finally announced a limited edition Mario Kart 8 for murica but its only in New York and no online store? Fuuuucck you Nintendo!
Hopefully they put it up on amazon or something

BM8

Neo Member
They did say the news would flip our world upside down. We're usually trying to avoid the blue shell!

Oxn

Alright jus pre ordered mine

Its freakin 80+ tax man

Because of the price im not preordering 2. Sorry guys

Also after i pre ordered the cashier said "ok thats the 2nd preorder"

Never realized nintendo world was so small and bare

Tabasco

Its freakin 80+ tax man

I'd probably pay someone 100 bucks just to ship one to me.

Why is this shit limited to the NYC store? So stupid. I'm looking to get a Wii U for MK8.

Nintendo of America was founded in New York City.

The Nintendo World store with their exclusives...is kind of like a tribute to their origins. There is also a Nintendo World store within the Nintendo of America headquarters in Redmond.

baekshi

Banned

Its freakin 80+ tax man

So they're $80 each, adding tax would be around $87~ .

dat is expensive.

Top Bottom