Mario Kart 8 Patch Coming: On-TV Map, Stats Screen, and Improved Online

Coming from Cheesemeister

8/27 update to add map display on the TV screen, 3 free Mercedes-Benz karts: GLA, W25 Silver Arrow, 300 SL Roadster.

Records screen w/ total coins, online win-loss record, character selection rates, etc. being added. Improved online stability.

Default menu selection following GP changing to next race. Last used kart customization added to save. Edit others' highlights.

Vilix

I think Bayonetta and Samus are more iconic than Lara Croft.
I'm a bit surprised as their games seem quite polished before being released. However, MK7 received a patch. So did a Pokemon game.

Yessss. This fixes every complaint about the game I had except for battle mode arenas.
Especially the no on-screen map, while the gamepad player had a map to themselves.

It's nice to see Nintendo updating something with more than just stability.

I don't think I understand the menu gp change thing everyone's yelling praise over.

Answer me this: is whatever they're updating going to change how fucking long it takes to end one race and get into the next when you're online with a group or in a tournament?

The loading, and then the slow track selection process, and then the little slot roulette as all the dumb Miis stare up at which track it lands on, and then the slow ass load for the track itself....I just want to get into the next race and go instead of losing 3-5 mins between races.

I don't know WTF they were thinking when they decided no one needed a map. Next they need to make split screen be horizontal instead of vertical. I feel like whoever designed the game doesn't actually drive because you can't even see where you're turning