• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8's Soundtrack is Amazing

Lijik

While they've never been bad, I feel like the Mario Kart soundtracks have been particularly on fire since the Wii entry

Lunar15

Do we know the composers?

Some of these absolutely sound like Ryo Nagamatsu, the composer for ALBW and Nintendoland. I like him a lot, but sometimes his stuff is a tiny bit *too* similar.

RR64 convices me Nintendo is at its absolute hight right now. This track is just... perfect. Instant classic. Again. Just thinking about a Zelda or StarFox OST with them being at this level makes me faint.

Lijik

Do we know the composers?

Some of these absolutely sound like Ryo Nagamatsu, the composer for ALBW and Nintendoland. I like him a lot, but sometimes his stuff is a tiny bit *too* similar.

Ryo is a safe bet since he also did Mario Kart Wii

ffdgh

Dolphin shoal's sax.
Sunshine airport and moun't wario's violins.
Moo moo meadows everything.

Chills and goosebumps when part of the old RR 64 music kicks in varous spots <3.

BM8

Neo Member
Modern Nintendo is friggin awesome. They are on a whole new level. Imagine Zelda U's sound track. :eek:

braves01

Banned
Depends who's giving the awards.

Of course. They've got two really solid contenders so far though.
DK should win, imo

Do they ever get like a ton of acclaim for their new soundtracks?

Yeah, DK in particular basically had a giant love-in thread gushing over the soundtrack, and I guess 3D World and ALBW had followings. Nintendo Land was pretty great too.Recently it just seems like they've had a string of really good soundtracks, though there are some duds too (lookin at you Yoshi).

The soundtrack is a huge part of why I want the game now, honestly. MK's music never really did much for me past 64; everything was basically flat or just really boring.

Then I watched the Direct's music segment and I was absolutely stunned.

I listened to like 2 or 3 songs before deciding I want to wait until I'm playing the game to hear the rest. Because it's soooo good.

HOLY SHIT!!! Nintendo, why aren't you releasing these soundtracks overseas!?

I mean come on, this music is amazing! It is a crime that this isn't released over hear. With Tropical Freeze and now this, I can't freakin wait for Legend of Zelda U's ost.

Roo

Moo Moo Meadows is king here.
I love the violin. It blows the original song out of the water.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
thanks for this OP, I didn't care enough about to the music in this game, which is indeed awesome

game's gonna be definitive

Oidisco

Don't really like the new Rainbow Road song all that much. Though atleast N64 RR more than makes up for it!

Edit- Holy Shit Mount Wario... Holy Shit

-PXG-

I love it when it's evident folks put all their love and soul into their work. It truly does show. In a lot of ways, especially the music, you can tell that these people love their jobs. That's part of the Nintendo magic that no one else has. They create themes that will resonate for a life time.

That N64 Rainbow Road is incredible. It's what I would expect from a remake

AdanVC

This is the true definition of eargasm! Every single match on this game is going to be a true experience thanks to this awesome soundtrack. Nintendo music composers and all of their musicians should go on tour around the world to do concerts and man, I assure you it would be an instant hit! "The Nintendo Big Band Experience" coming this summer to your city! Hnghhh!

MASM

Neo Member
GBA Mario Circuit *eargasms*
So much better it doesn't sound like the original. And that's a good thing

Top Bottom