• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart Arcade GP DX trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrCc0T9F84A

Q7fVuhz.jpg

jtvs38X.jpg

y6D0PZJ.jpg

nqJUaL2.jpg

dcse7Bx.jpg

U08yzUU.jpg

A51M40K.jpg

fx809tQ.jpg

LwLrrYq.jpg

s0QQXqz.jpg

7IgCvY0.jpg

fTrj7D1.jpg

Chrom

The drum's name is Don, I believe. The other one is called Katsu, but you don't see that one in the trailer.

Johnson81

Neo Member
I'm guessing Nintendo being Nintendo, trying to exploit every last ounce of fan loyalty by releasing a MK arcade machine. Probably trying to cover dev costs of the Wii U version.

I'm guessing the Double Dash arcade was a cash cow so they'd try the same with the Wii U version.

I'm such a cynical bastard.

Jackano

Funny how the GC-era ones looked very good compared to MKDD!! and MKWii but now this one looks like shit compared to MK8.

Anyway, as usual, no hype because it's arcade only and the gameplay isn't very good as far as I heard from the other ones, but, releasing this should have been cool among the desert schedule that is the Wii U planning. I can imagine a Wii version of this that would have push the Wii a little further the 100M mark while making money while giving something to buy on the eShop. See, Nintendo, see, I'm trying to generate ideas at least, fighting the software drought instead of doing nothing like your own salaries!

I'm guessing Nintendo being Nintendo, trying to exploit every last ounce of fan loyalty by releasing a MK arcade machine. Probably trying to cover dev costs of the Wii U version.

I'm guessing the Double Dash arcade was a cash cow so they'd try the same with the Wii U version.

I doubt many fans are buying Japanese arcade machines.

The original was not a Double Dash arcade version, it was a completely different game and this is not an arcade version of the Wii U version.

Het_Nkik

What Double Dash arcade? There are two Mario Kart arcade games out (this thread is for the third) and neither of them are like Double Dash.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Holy SHIT this looks amazing. I'm a huge fan of Mario Kart GP, even though it's sort of awful compared to the console counterparts.

Why can't America have arcades? I really want to play this.

Rich!

I remember when the first shots of this were released, and people here were using it as an example of what Mario Kart U would look like.

lol.

thank fuck it doesn't look like this.

Jockel

If this is still running on Triforce hardware, consider me impressed.
And while I agree that Mario Kart 8 looks a lot better, I don't think that this game looks bad at all.

Kurtofan

Funny how the GC-era ones looked very good compared to MKDD!! and MKWii but now this one looks like shit compared to MK8.

Anyway, as usual, no hype because it's arcade only and the gameplay isn't very good as far as I heard from the other ones, but, releasing this should have been cool among the desert schedule that is the Wii U planning. I can imagine a Wii version of this that would have push the Wii a little further the 100M mark while making money while giving something to buy on the eShop. See, Nintendo, see, I'm trying to generate ideas at least, fighting the software drought instead of doing nothing like your own salaries!

Why undermine Mario Kart 8 by releasing this?Plus the software drought is over with the release of Pikmin 3, at least a big game comes out every month.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
You guys are dumb. This doesn't look visually bad, unless you consider all games pre-HD to look visually bad.

It's very likely the hardware running this is similar to the Wii - maybe just a bit better. The lighting isn't as pretty as Mario Kart 8, but other than that I think it looks great in motion. Those SMB-themed levels look really awesome.

Yeah wow, and we thought this would be an indication of sorts of how MK8 might've looked, well the gap is GINORMOUS! LOL

This is how MKWii should've looked graphically, hell the only thing this has over MK8 is the use of color, I will admit MK8 looks colorless in comparison.

However, it did look more colorful on an actual TV (saw it in person at the BB event), so the trailer for MK8 or even the screenshots are not quite an indication actually. Likely they were just... desaturated?

Het_Nkik

Holy SHIT this looks amazing. I'm a huge fan of Mario Kart GP, even though it's sort of awful compared to the console counterparts.

Why can't America have arcades? I really want to play this.

Every Dave & Buster's I've been to has Mario Kart arcade machines. Any of those near you?

Dacvak

Every Dave & Buster's I've been to has Mario Kart arcade machines. Any of those near you?

Mine doesn't have one, unfortunately. A Chuck E. Cheese close to me has a GP machine, but I feel like that was a fluke. Chuck E. Cheese doesn't typically get brand new machines, afaik.

Sponge

Banned
People are still calling Pac-Man's new design hideous? Alright then.

It's not like it's the way he's animated in the show making him look bad or anything.

His Pac-Man Party/Tilt look is fine. Also, this Arcade Mario Kart looks to be the best one yet.

PfAEM21.jpg

Ryuuga

Banned
You guys are dumb. This doesn't look visually bad, unless you consider all games pre-HD to look visually bad.

It's very likely the hardware running this is similar to the Wii - maybe just a bit better. The lighting isn't as pretty as Mario Kart 8, but other than that I think it looks great in motion. Those SMB-themed levels look really awesome.

It's all about graphics, except when it isn't. I thought it looked fine as well, and more importantly, fun.

JoeM86 said:
The Wii U is getting a Mario Kart game in the Spring...

Not sure if awesome?

This would have been like something cool to buy on eshop or something. Just something like a prologue... I just need a game, anything.

TreIII

At least the various items look fun. I've always wondered why the console entrants didn't just up the ante and cite some of the arcade game's item rosters to keep things interesting.

People are still calling Pac-Man's new design hideous? Alright then.

It's not like it's the way he's animated in the show making him look bad or anything.

His Pac-Man Party/Tilt look is fine. Also, this Arcade Mario Kart looks to be the best one yet.

PfAEM21.jpg

I love the new show, it's honestly really good, it's not OMG BRILLIANT, but it does give me laughs and the characters are quite likable.

I do find it odd they didn't straight up copy and paste the Party design into the show, there are subtle differences (biggest being the hands).

But his expressions and such in the show are great. I really like the design in the show because of it.

Edit: Going back and forth, I'll actually say the TV show design tops the Party design, looks awkward in comparison for some reason.

Dacvak

Excited over the Tank kart.

Even though I'll probably never be able to play it.

You have no idea how depressed this makes me.

Edit: Btw, it's important to note that the screenshots above look like they were taken from the highly-compressed YouTube video. Everyone saying how bad this looks should watch the video, at least. If you did and still think so, fair enough. But the screens above don't look nearly as good as seeing it in motion.

Top Bottom