• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart: Arcade Gran Prix DX announced (Nintendo/Bandai Namco), due this summer

EulaCapra

iYvs0WwVna9W.png
Taiko art style. Lovely! This needs to happen more.

I don't see why this can't be a Wii U retail game to be released before Mario Kart U, as Wind Waker HD was also designed to tide us over until the real Wii U Zelda comes.

I can resize images in arguably the best quality possible, picfront.org has the best resize tech I've ever used, but recently it's a headache to use since it craps out before finishing it 99% of the time...

Compare the sizes:

iy4lEmv9a5MR1.png
i7qO8caLFyng4.png

Now you don't have to squint. You can see at the bottom the spiky Cheep Cheep is an item.

AntMurda

I don't see why this can't be a Wii U retail game to be released before Mario Kart U, as Wind Waker HD was also designed to tide us over until the real Wii U Zelda comes.

A larger subset of consumers buy Mario Kart than Zelda. They will probably only buy one Mario Kart, you would be making them buy the shitty one.

People complain about Nintendo milking franchises constantly and you want them to release a version of the game that won't be even close to on par with the real one to hold people over? Thare's just no reason for this to happen.

Mario Kart U will be better anyway.

DaBoss

I can resize images in arguably the best quality possible, picfront.org has the best resize tech I've ever used, but recently it's a headache to use since it craps out before finishing it 99% of the time...

Compare the sizes:

iy4lEmv9a5MR1.png
i7qO8caLFyng4.png

Now you don't have to squint. You can see at the bottom the spiky Cheep Cheep is an item.
It seems more like Cheep Cheep is a racer.

Kevin

I really hope the Wii U Mark Kart looks better. Not really impressed with the visuals shown here. Don't look much better then the regular Wii Mario Kart IMO.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
dat Taiko track

I really hope the Wii U Mark Kart looks better. Not really impressed with the visuals shown here. Don't look much better then the regular Wii Mario Kart IMO.

Arcade games aren't really graphically good compared to the console Karts.

RM8

UGH, I want to play this (and the other arcade MK games) so much even if I've read negative comments about them.

Hieberrr

Speaking of Mario Kart, I just dominated every race in 150CC Mushroom Cup (with the exception of one where I trailed in 2nd place for 1.5 laps and then took 1st for the rest) and still got 2 stars. FML.

Roo

You crazy Wii mario kart looks worst than double dash and 7

Worse than Mario Kart 7? true
worse than Mario Kart Double Dash? lol no

The franchise is definitely not a graphical showcase but MKW is a prettier Double Dash with lighting bloom, something they fixed with 7

RM8

MKWii was pretty ugly in my opinion. I really didn't like the "EVERYTHING IS PLASTIC" effect.

Ahaha, I'll spend 2 to 3 hours playing Mario Kart 7 because of this thread.

I would buy this on Wii U even if I want a big proper Wii U Mario Kart game.

If not ported to Wii U, I'm sad to say that I may never play this (I never had the chance to play the first version of Mario Kart Arcade)

RM8

I fail to see the ugly in Double Dash. And man, I just remembered how much I love DD's Bowser Castle and Wario's Colosseum. And being able to have both Toad and Peach instead of just Toad or Peach. And character-exclusive items, no thunder cloud, no bikes... definitely my favorite home console Mario Kart. Plus dat Rainbow Road theme.

-Eddman-

Looks interesting, but my MK tastes are messed up. I disliked 64 but I love Super Circuit and Double Dash while the entire world seems to hate them. My absolute favorite is MKDS though.

RM8

Looks interesting, but my MK tastes are messed up. I disliked 64 but I love Super Circuit and Double Dash while the entire world seems to hate them. My absolute favorite is MKDS though.
64 is absurdly overrated, Super Circuit... I'm not sure, I never loved it. Double Dash is glorious, and yes, MKDS is by far the best in the series.

DaBoss

But it's not in a yellow box, it might just be that it's alerting you that there's one approaching ala a Red Shell.

Yea, now that I looked at it again, it looks like it is an item. I think it is indicating who has the item, since in this case it is directly behind the Taiko guy.

64 is absurdly overrated, Super Circuit... I'm not sure, I never loved it. Double Dash is glorious, and yes, MKDS is by far the best in the series.

? I thought MK64 is generally the least favourite, but was loved for it's battle mode.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Do the tracks from these arcade games ever make it into the home/handheld releases?
No. But some of the tracks I've seen from the previous iterations aren't that exciting. Then again they are going to run out of retro tracks unless they decide to delve a lot into the SNES and GBA games.

javac

Most likely indicative of Mario kart on the Wii U. Looks good. Will have am extra graphical bell and whistle here and maybe a slightly reworked GUI here and there just to make it stand out at E3 but yeah it looks great.

Mit-

I played the previous arcade Mario Kart game at Disneyworld. Hated it, controls weird, tracks are lame, and barely remember anything else about it.

I played it in Cali. There was only one cup available. I picked it. Played and finished first in the first track. Game asked me to put more money in to play the second track.

Nah.

Also there's no way Mario Kart U will have player portraits. Dick pictures everywhere. You can't whip your pants out and take a picture of your dick in an arcade without at least some risk of being physically thrown out, not to mention you aren't anonymous in person.

ffdgh

I spy dk using the jetsetter from mario kart wii.

Maybe it the bad youtube quality but the speed seems faster than regular mario karts. I like it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Also there's no way Mario Kart U will have player portraits. Dick pictures everywhere. You can't whip your pants out and take a picture of your dick in an arcade without at least some risk of being physically thrown out, not to mention you aren't anonymous in person.
Well they could try using face detection.

Top Bottom