• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga DX found on Nintendo 3DS eShop server

Atheerios

According to a well recognized Nintendo hacker, a title called "Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga DX" was recently added to the Nintendo eShop server.

vDh1hMU.png

https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/858162826711490561

There's no more info on the title yet, but a potential announcement could be coming soon.

Edit:

Icon also leaked
QTaslvk.jpg

The final name of the game is Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions

maxcriden

Yes please. Anything involving the game sounds amazing basically. Never did finish it and keep planning to restart it but happy to wait and see what this is before doing so. Thanks for posting this!

Will be getting this, I have fond memories of one of my friends lending me this game so that I could finish since he/she didn't care about it.

Dorygrant

That sweet new 3ds graphic style with the old story and gameplay. Isn't this basically what fans were asking for forever lol I'm hyped

rucury

Banned
omg... is it happening? the secret greatest Mario RPG getting some sort of remaster treatment?

I'd bust my 3DS back out for that.

Best Mario RPG, hands down, by a mile. My sole complaint is that I wish it were longer.

this person knows whats up. the game is
almost too
good.

A remake would be nice, my favorite M&L title by far, only BiS comes anywhere close. Maybe IS should take notes and remake the Paper Mario games people liked instead of making another dumb sequel that no one wants.

Seems like a smaller E3 announcement since they didn't include it in the Direct.

I'm pretty much done with the 3DS and Paper Jam kind of tired me out of the series, but I never played the first game.

GSR

Weird slip-up by Nintendo. You'd think they'd be aware their servers are open season for the 3DS hacking community, lol.

I'm in though.

Higher-resolution art & animation? Somebody inform the Mario sprite comic artists in 2003!

In any case, very good game. I wonder if they'll add some of the spectacle-like battles of BiS and beyond.

Weird slip-up by Nintendo. You'd think they'd be aware their servers are open season for the 3DS hacking community, lol.

I'm in though.
Twilight Princess got revealed the same way.

Oh, and this just confirms to me that Nintendo might very well not be done greenlighting more 3DS games going forward.

Berordn

I'm in though.

When it comes to remakes and rereleases they don't seem to care as much. We knew about MM3D and TPHD long before they were announced.

DrkSage

M&L: superstar saga is the best M&L game out of all of them. It's the second game that I've beaten more times than I could count (first is RE:4)

TZchassis

I am ok with Japanese 3DS game being released in the west now, the Arzest pikmin game, as well as the seemingly dull Kirby spin-offs. However, I think it would've been great if they released this on the Switch instead, with HD visuals. It seems they're milking the 3DS M&L engine for one more release just like with Fire Emblem Echoes.

Oh man this would be awesome! One of the GBA games I'd love to play.

If they do do this, then hopefully they could do one of the earlier Paper Marios (the original or (preferably TTYD) for Switch too...

Ridley327

This would be a pretty solid send-off game for the 3DS, though it goes without saying that I'd love to see Alpha Dream's sprite work in HD for a brand-new Mario & Luigi game.

Atheerios

For anyone interested on how this happened, basically SciresM (the hacker) downloaded the latest Nintendo eShop database index and compared it to the older one, finding two new titles: Ever Oasis and Mario & Luigi DX.

So that's how we know the name and the title ID from this potential game. However, when querying the eShop server for more info on the specific ID there's nothing, as specific data hasn't been uploaded by Nintendo for any of the two games.

Yukinari

Hope they make the game a bit more challenging and add the cut content like the other nintendo cameos.

Also doesnt this mean they have to pay Square again to keep the Geno cameo?

Top Bottom