• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Movie Showcase Announced for Tomorrow (Posters Revealed)

93xfan

Banned
The plot is going to get them in trouble, isn't it?

Mario Bros is all about saving the princess who got kidnapped. I can already smell the fear in Hollywood. Now I guess Peach will have to save Mario?
Well sometimes she’s not kidnapped and is playable. But like the poster says, “she can do anything.” Maybe that includes spending an hour screaming for help from Bowser’s castle.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Fuz

Orta

Banned

c9ih6e204s2a1.jpg

I bet she can.

The SLAG!

anthony2690

Banned
Well sometimes she’s not kidnapped and is playable. But like the poster says, “she can do anything.” Maybe that includes spending an hour screaming for help from Bowser’s castle.

If she can do Mario one minute and then do Bowser.

It's 2022 it's not cool to slut shame, she can do whoever she wants 👀

Nautilus

Banned
Good lord, there is something weird about that Peach. She does look good, but I think I am so used to the real Peach, that that more "human" face of her just looks off.

Keihart

"What's wrong with your FAAACE!?"
Here's a quick edit giving Peach proportions similar to her in-game model. They scaled up her head and made it wider, removed a lot of volume from her hair. Rounded her usual almond eyes.
Even her brooch and earrings got scaled down, so everything screams wrong about it. I dare not reduce her waist by 10-20% in current year!

For reasons we can only speculate on, my best guess on post #26.

m7QVCnm.jpg
honestly, the part that makes it creepy for me it's the face details.
Mario and Luigy have the mustache covering the weird nose and mouth details that make them look like miniature old people.
quick edit with CSP, i think it looks better...

cf0qdZR.png

ADiTAR

Banned
I think it'll be a fun movie, not great, but fun. A lot of the same ooooh something is gonna happeNOPE (like Penguins and Bowsers and Mario and DK).

I would still see it.

ADiTAR

Banned
The everyman who's in over his head and has to learn to overcome that and become the hero in the climax. Have you not watched movies before?
the whole premise is that he's coming from a different world so it makes sense he wouldn't know anything.

brian0057

Banned
I'm not gonna lie. It looked OK.
Mario's voice is growing on me. And Charley Day was perfect as Luigi.

Last edited:

Fbh

Looks ok.
Looks like a standard animated kids movie but it has nostalgia + very recognizable brand so it will make a trillion dollars. The writer they went with doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Last edited:
I think it looks like typical, dumb illumination trash, aimed at very young kids.
Also, I hate the voices, especially Peach's. She looks and sounds like a whore, and not like a cute, innocent princess.

I’m sure the backseat cinema goers will appreciate the vocal choice

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Is it just me or does everyone look like a porcelain doll?

Also peach has a serious case of uncanny valley going on with those proportions. Her arms are way to small.

c9ih6e204s2a1.jpg
The movie is basically western style cartoon with Japanese property, the style makes pretty obvious.
profile-mk-peach.7bf2a8f2.aead314d58b63e27.png

I think it looks like typical, dumb illumination trash, aimed at very young kids.
Also, I hate the voices, especially Peach's. She looks and sounds like a whore, and not like a cute, innocent princess.
Wow, Peach looks and sounds like a whore to you? Because she doesn't sound high and squeaky like the games? Sounds like you have some baggage, man.

Last edited:

Stafford

I just can't get used to that Mario voice, neither Luigi's for that matter. All the years we heard the game voices and hearing something so.....generic is just disappointing. Black as Bowser is awesome though.

It's clear that Peach won't be some helpless princess here. Also....where are the Goombas?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
And you know what, is kinda a personality I actually like from Luigi.

IDK whats up with this movie, but looks like Peach take the lead?
I feel like Next Level Games capture Luigi personality in Luigi's Mansion 3 better than this movie.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Looking forward to it. Mario will be dumb in the beginning but peach will set him straight. Luigi is the real hero though.

Top Bottom