• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marisa Tomei to Play Aunt May in New ‘Spider-Man’ Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
mona-lisa-vito.gif

giphy.gif

My knowledge of everything Marvel began in the 80s and ended in the early 90s. Young Aunt May is shaking things up way too much for me.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I guess they needed a new hot lady in this one seeing as Emma Stone's legs won't be in it.

Well, they can bring her in if they need to fill an Asian role.

My knowledge of everything Marvel began in the 80s and ended in the early 90s. Young Aunt May is shaking things up way too much for me.

If they have a 10 year plan with this kid, which I think they do, she's going to be over 60 by the time they are ready to reboot.

That's scary to think about.

Shit. I will be 47.

hpkomic

Neo Member
People wierded out about this confuse me. Early 50s for a teenage kid's aunt makes perfect sense. I always thought Aunt May being so goddamn old in the comics was sort of odd, personally.

jph139

I'm good with it. My heart will always belong to the two Raimi movies, but I know better than to hold the new series to their precedent. Definitely excited for a more Ultimate angle on the property and the signs are pointing in that direction.

Weird that they're casting her so early, though, if true.

yet another Spider Man? How many times are they gonna try? jeez

Just how many people are still out of the loop? jeez

lol

I swear the OT for Civil War should be just that "Yet ANOTHER Spider-Man?!"
Anyways, dat Marvel casting. Though the guy who suggested Jane Lynch in this thread is genius.

Jobbs

Banned
Last time I saw Marissa Tomei was in that mumblecore movie with Jonah Hill where she played his mother. I thought she was pretty sexy.

If she still looks about the same -- It'll be weird having a sexy Aunt May.

Jobbs

Banned
Wow she didn't age so well =/

The picture in the OP may be misleading as individual pictures can be. I just know that based on watching semi-recent movies -- The Wrestler, Cyrus -- She seems to me to have aged particularly well, better than the vast majority of people. I found her extremely attractive in both of those movies and she was in her mid 40s.

Kevinroc

I'm good with it. My heart will always belong to the two Raimi movies, but I know better than to hold the new series to their precedent. Definitely excited for a more Ultimate angle on the property and the signs are pointing in that direction.

Weird that they're casting her so early, though, if true.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spider-man-reboot-circling-marisa-807407

The Hollywood Reporter says Aunt May might just be appearing in Captain America: Civil War.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom