• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark Bozon leaves IGN

squicken said:
I liked Boz. I hope he does well.

That change in structure seems completely appropriate. Nintendo doesn't give a shit about anyone who played Mario 64 or LttP. Why should IGN? Write for the existing Wii audience.

Super-Mario-Galaxy-2-E3-2009.jpg

the-legend-of-zelda-wii-2-20090605000034019-640w.vga.jpg

I hope he's successful wherever he decides to go. Personally I'd be bailing out of IGN, too, if I worked there.

I think he would do better in designing games with his brother at WayForward than he would in the press. He knows his shit when it comes to game design if his input to podcasts is anything to go by.

Cep

Banned
Buckethead said:
He should go to Giant Bomb with the rest of the bears.
They could attract a whole new demographic. :lol

This is a good idea.

Gaming gods, MAKE IT SO!

totowhoa

Banned
Bozon was one of the best IGN guys for sure, even when I had my disagreements. I hope he moves on to something better than that place

Best to Bozon, he was the best of what was left at IGN (not saying much). With Dunham leaving, and Matty Cass possibly following(?), IGN has really gone down the crapper in the last year or 2. Unfortunately, IGN readers are now stuck with tools like Greg Miller and Ryan Clements, who think they actually make great points with their "editiorials" and "perspectives".

QuadCore

Banned
He was the only reason I listened to the Nintendo Voice Chat and Tech Fetish podcasts. So much for that now. Goodbye IGN.

squicken

I'm honestly surprised you guys think Nintendo still makes Mario and Zelda games with an eye towards its N64 era fans.

It's not a point I have a great deal of interest in arguing. Enjoy your favorite games I guess.

Cynar

Matt and Bozon were the only saving grace of IGN Wii really. I had a feeling this was going to happen once we saw what happened with Matt leaving his role. Kinda sad but I haven't really gone to that site in over a year anyway due to not using my Wii for just about the same length in time.

squicken said:
I'm honestly surprised you guys think Nintendo still makes Mario and Zelda games with an eye towards its N64 era fans.

It's not a point I have a great deal of interest in arguing. Enjoy your favorite games I guess.
So you'd be happier if Nintendo just made exact replicas of their N64 games instead of trying new things with their franchises, then?

totowhoa

Banned
Cynar said:
Matt and Bozon were the only saving grace of IGN Wii really. I had a feeling this was going to happen once we saw what happened with Matt leaving his role. Kinda sad but I haven't really gone to that site in over a year anyway due to not using my Wii for just about the same length in time.

Ugh, Matt is one of the worst writers journalists I've read in such an esteemed position at a popular. Bozon (and some others at IGN) are much better IMO. As somebody who started this gen with a Wii due to its low price, I was always quite annoyed by Matt's constant presence when I visited IGN.

squicken said:

So you just wanted to drop in, question the validity of other people's opinions, and then decline to hear any refutations or defend your own. Good one "I guess".

Threi

notag
squicken said:

If you didn't want to argue it why did you bring it up, especially when its unrelated to the thread?

squicken said:

Yeah, because TP was so drastically different from OoT.

Anyway, not surprised that Bozon is leaving IGN.
I would too, personally, especially from the Nintendo section.
I honestly don't see how he can stand having Hatesfild just barge in all the time, spewing his anti-Nintendo rhetoric.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I remember speaking with Mark a few years back on the phone. Just randomly called him at his IGN office one day to discuss a few things. He seems like a good guy. Hopefully he moves to a good site, now.

Nicktals

Banned
Well damn.

I basically stopped going to IGN after I joined GAF, but I still went there because I enjoyed the podcast a lot when it was matt and mark and craig. Once they stopped being on the podcast, I stopped visiting the site completely.

I hope he ends up somewhere good, I always thought he seemed like a nice guy.

And, meh, I always thought he was funny.

squicken said:

didn't they essentially remake their biggest N64 game with Twilight Princess, surpass their highest rated N64 game with Galaxy, and make a sequel to their most fan-requested N64 game with Sin & Punishment?

Oh wait

I forgot you didn't want to argue about it right after you made an assertion which apparently no one can call you out on.

ShockingAlberto said:
didn't they essentially remake their biggest N64 game with Twilight Princess, surpass their highest rated N64 game with Galaxy, and make a sequel to their most fan-requested N64 game with Sin & Punishment?

Oh wait

I forgot you didn't want to argue about it right after you made an assertion which apparently no one can call you out on.

He shoots! He scores!

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
GrotesqueBeauty said:
C'mon. I'm sure the mods would oblige considering the circumstances. How about Doritos_Lover, or Bozon-notIGN?

How about "Bitch Please"?

GrotesqueBeauty said:
C'mon. I'm sure the mods would oblige considering the circumstances. How about Doritos_Lover, or Bozon-notIGN?

Oh my God this thread is gold.

First off, enough about the "token fluffy" as if there needs to be just one. We're all the fat ones. Gamers are born fat, naked and alone, and that's how they die.

But yeah, I'm moving to another place, so I'll ping the mods once that kicks off.

Ya know what... I always dug you guys. GAF Scoop: I'm starting my own business.

free-candy-van.jpg

Bozon-IGN said:
Oh my God this thread is gold.

First off, enough about the "token fluffy" as if there needs to be just one. We're all the fat ones. Gamers are born fat, naked and alone, and that's how they die.

But yeah, I'm moving to another place, so I'll ping the mods once that kicks off.

Ya know what... I always dug you guys. GAF Scoop: I'm starting my own business.

free-candy-van.jpg

Will there be puppies too?

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Threi said:
If you didn't want to argue it why did you bring it up, especially when its unrelated to the thread?

The ol post and run tactic. We've all seen it many atime on forums.

Sipowicz

Banned
squicken said:

what the fuck are you talking about?

who gives a shit who they make them for? as long as they're decent it doesn't matter

Top Bottom