• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark Bozon leaves IGN

Mael

Freezie KO said:
I haven't been to IGN Wii since Matt left. I mostly went for the podcast, since GAF and that Go blog scoop IGN on everything Nintendo anyway.

What is that?

EXGN

Boo, I liked Bozon.

Ever since the redesign, I've been pretty mystified by what their direction is. It seems like they're trying to ape Kotaku with sensationalist 'editorials', but that's not what their audience wants from them. Some of it's bad - like Hiphop Gamer bad. Do not like.

MYE

squicken said:
Nintendo doesn't give a shit about anyone who played Mario 64 or LttP. Why should IGN? Write for the existing Wii audience.

^ What the fuck is this shit?

Taker666

Meh..the site has sucked ever since the redesign before last.

I used to visit every day as it was the best site around for Nintendo news. It wasn't articles like "Nintendo is lazy" that drove me away..it was the lack of content (which was available elsewhere)..and a site that made it hard to find the content they did have.

..and actually I'd be fine with some more "casual" news if it's in addition to their "hardcore" stuff.

Half their problem is they focused on a narrow band of what they liked and ignored loads of other software. Their Wiiware coverage has been awful as well.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Like Taker, I used to visit IGN all the time. I haven't been there in years now. It's about time to blow it up and start fresh.

Good luck Bozon.

So who is gonna mock the reader-base in a Mexican accent on the podcasts now?

I used to be hardcore IGN, but after all that anti-Nintendo shit awhile back it all just added up and I'm like why do I read/pay for this shit and said goodbye.

<3 NeoGAF.

zigg

legend166 said:
They've managed to pretty much actively drive away fans of the system.

This is pretty damn insightful, really.

Far more insightful than this "we need to go casual!" idea.

I'm looking forward to the impending comic disaster as IGN Casual launches.

TestOfTide said:
I understand this is beginning to come off as a little off tangent, but my point is that you can't expect IGN nintendo to be optimistic when nintendo is being so lazy

Hi, Matt. How's your new job going?

MYE

GrotesqueBeauty said:
It's Daemon Hatfield. He mistook Bozon for a Wii game.

Nah, Daemon Hatfield's writing usually has gibberish in it.

Its not easy to pull off clean sentences when you smash your keyboard with your closed monkey fists.

VAIL

Boz, I am sure you are on to better things, IGN has been sliding downward for some time now...good luck on whatever it is.

bryehn

Bozon is a liar. High Voltage does not in fact deserve any of your monies.

That said: best of luck to Mark.

Zalasta

I've always enjoyed Mark's presence on the various podcasts. I hope where ever he goes, that is something he'll be doing still. Good luck!

bdouble

Andrex said:
They've never done TGS (in full) and there hasn't been a Spaceworld for almost a decade.
Media event in fall is "spaceworld". I don't know why people still think Nintwndo does those 2 events.

Anyways yeah I really liked Bozon and I can see why this is a good time to go. Wish ya succes in whatever ya end up doing.

nightez

Banned
I stopped going to IGN after IGNCube. IGN64 used to really rock, it was their most visited and popular site at the time. Wish they could go back to those glory days.

Faxanadu

Bozon is cool. The only time he was annoying to me was for the COD: Reflex review. It wasn't cause he didn't like it as much as the HD versions. It was that whole "tone" issue that IGN has now.

Goodluck out there!
If you need a videographer/director for your new candy business let me know :lol

Mogg0

Banned
sdornan said:
And at risk of pointing out the obvious, you're a dick.

Duly noted. My reaction was sourced by witnessing three, consecutive, astonishingly unfunny attempts at humour.

My point stands. The guy tries way too hard and his feckless sense of humour is nauseatingly consistent.

Mogg0 said:
Duly noted. My reaction was sourced by witnessing three, consecutive, astonishingly unfunny attempts at humour.

My point stands. The guy tries way too hard and his feckless sense of humour is nauseatingly consistent.

ng63ys.gif

TunaLover said:
I'm the only one that think it's better if Nintendo doesn't have any IGN editorial representation?

Well, Craig is still fairly cool.
But other than that, the way IGN has been treating Nintendo and its fans over the past few months, they might as well just get rid of the Nintendo sites all together.

Gino

He had passion but he's a pretty terrible writer. Does anyone really go to IGN for Nintendo news anymore? They pretty much just hate on everything Nintendo does.

MYE

Dont be hattin on Boz so much guys.

I really cant relate to Bozon's gaming habits/preferences, but he seems like a cool guy.
I still cant forgive the complete indiference he (and everyone at ign nintendo) had towards Little King Story, and i wanted to smack him when he said Broken Sword's artstyle was ugly, but whatever.

Best of luck to ya!

Now Daemon Hatfield is a completely diferent story. I actually find enjoyment in treating that smug-faced douche like shit.
God he is terrible!

Sho_Nuff82 said:
The first casualty of the Mass Effect 2 editorial it seems.

I think "more casual" means "some editors who don't give 7.5's to games that go on to sell 10 million copies". Someone who speaks to the Wii demographic.
Which I think may be for the better. I've been thinking for a long time that IGN just didn't "get" Wii games. Maybe a change in direction will finally make it click with them, and they'll be able to fairly review Wii games.

As it stands, IGN seems to review as if 13-21 year old appeal was the end all to a good game (NMH II vs NSMB Wii for example. Similar scores, huge gap in sales. Something is wrong).

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
MYE said:
Dont be hattin on Boz so much guys.

I really cant relate to Bozon's gaming habits/preferences, but he seems like a cool guy.
I still cant forgive the complete indiference he (and everyone at ign nintendo) had towards Little King Story, and i wanted to smack him when he said Broken Sword's artstyle was ugly, but whatever.

Best of luck to ya!

Now Daemon Hatfield is a completely diferent story. I actually find enjoyment in treating that smug-faced douche like shit.
God he is terrible!

Early on most of the IGN Nintendo team was really excited for LKS, but the lack of pointer control killed it for them, I think.

Dear IGN,

If you persist to keep your IGN Nintendo Channel, a hint...a suggestion, if you will.

Hire people who like playing the Wii.

And YES, there are plenty.

zigg

Andrex said:
Early on most of the IGN Nintendo team was really excited for LKS, but the lack of pointer control killed it for them, I think.

I'm kind of embarrassed in retrospect for having made this, but:

ign_lks_review_breakdown.jpg

It killed them enough to spend about 20% of the review talking about it, yeah.

But, I mean, really, the game was pretty great even without it, which anyone who gave it more than a few minutes would have discovered. IMO, you'd have to have a serious "well then why the hell is it on this shitty low-res excuse for a console if it doesn't use its sole redeeming feature" hangup to let it pollute your enjoyment of such a great game so much.

MYE

Andrex said:

Please :lol

zigg said:
you'd have to have a serious "well then why the hell is it on this shitty low-res excuse for a console if it doesn't use its sole redeeming feature" hangup to let it pollute your enjoyment of such a great game so much.

This.

Vinci

Danish
Mayor Haggar said:
Dear IGN,

If you persist to keep your IGN Nintendo Channel, a hint...a suggestion, if you will.

Hire people who like playing the Wii.

And YES, there are plenty.

Hire Tab. He's amazing. If anyone can argue the positives of the Wii and its titles, it's him. Plus, he seems to like a huge variety of software.

Vinci

Danish
I'm serious. Hire this guy. Just let him mostly do videos and talk about the technical aspects of why the Wiimote kicks ass. I'd read his stuff for the sheer detail.

Top Bottom