• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark Rein teases Unreal Tournament comeback, [More Today]

Ambient80

This has the potential to be completely fucking amazing, or absolutely the biggest letdown for me in years.

Either do a PROPER UT99 remake in UE4 or a real sequel to UT2004.

If its free to play, I am going to fucking weep.

Perfectly said. I will be ravaged if this is some iOS game.

KOHIPEET

1309805983200236.gif

Whaaaaaaaaat?

Someone hold me!

Tagyhag

I wouldn't say that's really teasing, more like outright confirming it haha.

But can't wait to hear what it's going to be!

alazz

Nice! Really looking forward to whatever this is. November will mark UT's 15th anniversary, too.

And as long as mods are supported, I'm sure something good will come of it even if the game play isn't quite right.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
If they go F2P and do it in the way for example TF2 does then this could be a very good thing indeed. Very interested to learn more, don't fuck this up Epic. Epics owned by Tencent as well isn't it ? F2P would make perfect sense for them.

KOHIPEET

A moddable UE4 remake of UT2k4 for PC (I'm secretly hoping for PS4/X1 too), with integrated e-sports support would be a dream came true.

I don't care if it's f2p until I don't have to pay for weapons, or as long as a shock rifle is in the starter pack.

Oh and please don't let this be some kind of mobile sheeeit!

Nzyme32

If they go F2P and do it in the way for example TF2 does then this could be a very good thing indeed. Very interested to learn more, don't fuck this up Epic. Epics owned by Tencent as well isn't it ? F2P would make perfect sense for them.

I would have absolutely no problems with this. In fact, it may even be preferable

Puru

Hopefully it's a PC exclusive, otherwise my hype meter that is currently off the chart will come back to reasonable values.

DJIzana

I.... I think I'm going to cry...........

This, along side replaying Duke Nukem 3D are the only shooters I can say I actually TRULY enjoy!

THANK YOU SO MUCH, MARK REIN! YOU FREAKING ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MADE MY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I expect ut2003 but with worse netcode, a bunch of texture pop in and mouse acceleration and smoothing on by default, as well as a bunch of input lag from their renderahead frame smoothing crap , they are using UE afterall
oh and DLC and no mod support since it's 2014

(yes I'm very cynical)

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Bombing Run + Skyline + Insta Gib = Best combination of modes and mods ever.

Remember when they were talking about the "epic storyline" for UT 3? Good times

akaoni

Banned
I think if it was a major new release they would've teased it first, probably some F2P thingy of the older games. Now to wait.

You mother fucker. You better not be fucking with me or you will feel all kinds of wrath. If they could basically make a visually updated UT2K4, I'll buy that soooo many times lol.

Top Bottom