• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark your calendars! The Order 1886 press preview embargo lifts on Feb 18th

viveks86

proxy.jpg

Finally a tweet that I understand!

jw3f8Mu.png

Also, here is Tanzen's previous post on this topic:

Hi everyone, long time I didn't write here :)

First of all, thanks to the guy that said "assholes" to the members of the press that do their job and describe what they have seen in an alpha stage ;D

Joking aside, I'm confident I can tell you the embargo date (or window) tomorrow, it's a common use to show a game first to the press, because they can understand (or not, sometimes ;)) the potential of the game even if the game it's not finished and the gameplay shown has bugs and stuff like that.
The developer doesn't have to spend time to make a fancy video for us , plus there is usually a presentation explaining the main aspects of the game in detail with just slides .

Having said that, I will have a gameplay broll to make a long video preview for our readers (so other magazines) and I'm sure that Sony will release a couple of trailers before the embargo, one of them showing the gameplay ;)

Last but not least, if you want me to ask some specific questions to the developers, send me a Tweet (@Tanzen) and I'll try to do my best during my interview slot.

Stay cool and let's see if the game lives up to the hype it created!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=99478208&postcount=271

Does anyone have a hibernation chamber for lease?

UPDATE:

The US is seeing it on the 10th.

We're seeing it on the 10th

This explains the 2 week embargo to ensure there is a global preview blowout at the end of it

chEvbO7ZyK2o4D8x-Area.png

confirmed videos and info for 19

Yuuichi

The hype is real, my body is ready. I might get a PS4 for this and what's out in japan around that time, easily a make-or-break game for me.

Sendou

I don't get the point of embargoing previews. What is there to gain from this?

Same as reviews? Everyone can take their time with writing without having to hurry out an inferior writing just to get clicks. We all know that the first gets the most attention. In this case the first would just mean the worst too.

Yonafunu

Does that mean we're getting actual gameplay footage, or just some interviews and descriptions of "amazing visuals" without seeing them for ourselves?

i wish they would stop announcing the dates for new media. The ps4 doesn't really have much coming for it this year and this shit is just making it even more unbearable.

FACE

Banned
I can't wait to shoot at dudes then take cover behind chest-high walls, it's going to be filmic!

Kerned

Banned
Same as reviews? Everyone can take their time with writing without having to hurry out an inferior writing just to get clicks. We all know that the first gets the most attention. In this case the first would just mean the worst too.

It doesn't take a professional writer anywhere near two weeks to write a preview or a review.

Derrick01

Banned
With all the freakin hype and waiting they're doing for this gameplay it better be fucking mindblowing and not just another typical TPS.

at least now I could calm down and not expect to see the footage randomly come out within every minute

I could freak out and expect the footage to randomly come out within every minute on the 18th

considering GAF has been chomping at the bit to get any shred of TO1886 news AT ALL, i'd say that letting us know when they can talk about it is pretty warranted here, if not welcomed.

had this been something like a game that has already had plenty of info released, or even a capcom game... THEN i feel like we could poke fun at announcing embargo lifts.

hopefully he's right and Sony releases some screens or a trailer before the 18th.

GameSeeker

2 weeks to the next cinematic trailer - I'm confident it will be good.

We will likely get a release date at E3. Given the game has been running behind schedule, it's probably a 50-50 proposition it ships in 2014. 2015 is real possibility.

Top Bottom